It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Obama 'Damage Control' ad does more Damage ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
After much criticism from that classic gaffe July 13th, it looks like a new campaign ad may be doing more "damage" than the original !!!

Now Obama has an ad out that tries real hard to cover this up

Now he says "we're all in this together"

He looks and sounds "real slick" as if to be appealing for sympathy.....

President Obama: ‘If You’ve Got a Business — You Didn’t Build That. Somebody Else Made That Happen’

Which Barack Obama Do You Believe? The one who proclaimed that if you own a business "you didn't build that." or the one now trying to tell you that what you heard is not really what you heard?

Which Barack Obama Do You Believe?

The "damage Control" is doing more "damage" than the original gaffe !!

Is this real or ??????

edit on Jul-24-2012 by xuenchen because:

edit on Jul-25-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Crediting govt. with building new private businesses is simply absurd

Our infrastructure has taken generations to build, and has been used for the common good..... and sometimes evil.

No politician takes credit for the govt. when govt.roads are used for drunk/drugged driving
No politician takes credit for the $24K govt. handout given to James Holmes
No politician would tell Manson "somebody else made that happen"

Government doesn't produce anything tangible. It is SUPPOSED to use OUR money with BENEVOLENCE. Therein lies the problem. OUR money isn't enough to satiate the greed, so they borrow huge sums from the MALevolent un-Federal Reserve.

You can tell Barry is squirming

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Here is an article apparently confirming this.

There are quotes included for those who can't see the video.

Washington Times -- July 24, 2012

After two weeks of political fallout over his comments that self-made entrepreneurs aren’t entirely responsible for their own success, President Obama is amplifying previous attempts to clarify the remarks with a new ad accusing Republicans of taking his quotes out of context.

In the 30-second spot titled “Always,” Mr. Obama responds to a torrent of criticism and attacks from GOP presidential nominee-in-waiting Mitt Romney over comments the president made during a campaign stop July 13 in Roanoke, Va., that implied that entrepreneurs don’t deserve all the credit for their own success.

“Those ads taking my words about small business out of context. They’re flat-out wrong. Of course Americans build their own businesses,” he says solemnly in the ad. “Every day, hard-working people sacrifice to meet a payroll, create jobs and make our economy run.”

“What I said was, we need to stand behind them, as America always has … ,” Mr. Obama continues, “by investing in education and training, roads and bridges, research and technology.”

New Obama ad aims to stanch entrepreneurship remark fallout

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Which Barack Obama Do You Believe?

None of them - I'm not quite sure how many there are.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

“Those ads taking my words about small business out of context. They’re flat-out wrong. Of course Americans build their own businesses,” he says solemnly in the ad. “Every day, hard-working people sacrifice to meet a payroll, create jobs and make our economy run.”....

After hearing the above statement,,,,, All I could think of is

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Here is the actual ad.

It's titled "Always"

"Always" - Obama for America TV Ad

YouTube Caption;

Published on Jul 24, 2012 by BarackObamadotcom
"Those ads taking my words about small business out of context; they're flat out wrong. Of course Americans build their own business. Everyday hard-working people sacrifice to meet a payroll, create jobs, and make our economy run.

And what I said was that we need to stand behind them as America always has. By investing in education, training, roads and bridges, research and technology. I'm Barack Obama and I approve this message because I believe we're all in this together."

Oh How Heartwarming and Wholesome !!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

President Obama: ‘If You’ve Got a Business — You Didn’t Build That. Somebody Else Made That Happen’

Which Barack Obama Do You Believe? The one who proclaimed that if you own a business "you didn't build that." or the one now trying to tell you that what you heard is not really what you heard?

I believe in actually reading full qoutes rather than BS. How about you?

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

When he said "you didn't build that" he was talking about infrastructure and how taxpayer money facilitates a climate conducive to businesses succeeding in the form of research, trade deals, roads, bridges, internet etc.NOT the Business...he attributes that success to "individual initiative".

Mitt Romney on Olympic Atheletes

"You Olympians, however, know you didn't get here solely on your own power,” said Romney, who on Friday will attend the Opening Ceremonies of this year’s Summer Olympics.

“For most of you, loving parents,
sisters or brothers, encouraged your hopes,
coaches guided,
communities built venues in order to organize competitions.

All Olympians stand on the shoulders of those who lifted them.

We’ve already cheered the Olympians, let’s also cheer the parents, coaches, and communities.

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

So I guess if you manage a manufacturing plant that employs a thousand folks...that is all you...but if you run the 100 meter dash in 5.2 seconds...that takes a village!

edit on 25-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Again a good observation on your part.

But it's all about votes and voter perception.

The Obama Campaign continually alienates the average voter.
(especially the recent economic prisoners)

We are not in a University classroom here. Textbook "Idealisms" mean zer0.

It seems the Campaign never fully recovers from its own "mistakes".

People will vote with their "paychecks" (or lake thereof !!)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterofnone
Crediting govt. with building new private businesses is simply absurd

Our infrastructure has taken generations to build, and has been used for the common good..... and sometimes evil.

No politician takes credit for the govt. when govt.roads are used for drunk/drugged driving
No politician takes credit for the $24K govt. handout given to James Holmes
No politician would tell Manson "somebody else made that happen"

Government doesn't produce anything tangible. It is SUPPOSED to use OUR money with BENEVOLENCE. Therein lies the problem. OUR money isn't enough to satiate the greed, so they borrow huge sums from the MALevolent un-Federal Reserve.

You can tell Barry is squirming

no, obama is not squirming....because he never said what you are implying he said...again taking obama's words out of context, adding a cup of crap, a tablespoon of spin, and putting it all in a pot of right-wing media, to be served up on the table of FOX NEWS

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by Indigo5

Again a good observation on your part.

But it's all about votes and voter perception.

"Perception" vs. "Reality" is an accurate way to summarize the two choices. We simply disagree on the capacity for rational thought amongst the American electorate.

The polls would seem to indicate that the majority of Americans are capable of comprehending factual truth beyond a headline.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Is this really an Obama ad???? Wheels are falling off his campaign if it is from the President's camp. I can't see how that ad helps his re-election. He needs to stay on teleprompter....when he goes off prompter, his real beliefs come through. Take a look at his off prompter "gaffes", they seem to follow a common theme.

Really hurts you when your own words come back to stab you.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

"we're all in this together"

I'll laugh with you on that one. I'm inflating my own life rafts. While I'll probably have room for other refuges, Obama is not on the guest list.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Youre absolutely right, he just released a damage control ad for nothing. He literally just spent thousands (if not more) on that ad. But it wasnt because he needed to clarify what he meant cause he made some dumb remarks during a speech. Are you living in the current world I live in. I mean if it wasnt so important for him to clarify then why spend the money, why even waste the time when he needs to be figuring out how to create jobs. Maybe he shouldve released an ad calling for the support of his fellow democrats to vote for the Senates Audit the Fed Bill. Afterall he is the leader of the Democrats Party, and he did campaign on transparency. Its his pals and co-party members who voted 'Nay' the most (97 in the House today) and his buddy Reid the Senate Majority Leader is threatening to table it indefinitely.

Nope...his time was better spent clarifying something he said earlier cause it may hurt his polling numbers and chances at reelection.
edit on 25-7-2012 by phishfriar47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Every post that I have made that didnt get such a great response- let me tell you- its not what I meant.

...dont worry about what I said. Worry about what Im telling you now.

I dont see what other people see in this dirtbag, cause all I see is dirt.

Deflect Obama Deflect!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The idea is still that government is responsible for all these great things. I'm sorry, that is untrue. Last I checked my tax dollars go to pay for roads. My tax dollars go to pay for education. My tax dollars build bridges. Yes, I DID build that. When the government wants to stop taking my money and providing services I will gladly say I didn't. I am sorry you can't see how disgusting his message of the benevolent government that saves us from everything is.
edit on 26-7-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Is this really an Obama ad???? Wheels are falling off his campaign if it is from the President's camp. I can't see how that ad helps his re-election. He needs to stay on teleprompter....when he goes off prompter, his real beliefs come through. Take a look at his off prompter "gaffes", they seem to follow a common theme.

Really hurts you when your own words come back to stab you.

First rule of politics: Never complain : Never explain

Right now Obama is - explaining - what he - really ? - meant?

-- Obama is doomed --

Somebody call Hillary !

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Indigo5

The idea is still that government is responsible for all these great things. I'm sorry, that is untrue. Last I checked my tax dollars go to pay for roads. My tax dollars go to pay for education. My tax dollars build bridges. Yes, I DID build that.

Ummm no...WE built that...you did not pay for that bridge...WE did.

You, I and everybody else PAID FOR THAT..It took a government to build it. What is a government??? The pooling of money and resources to do the things we can not do as individuals. Defense, Inrastructure, research.....And thanks for confirming my point...
edit on 26-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

xuenchen, Obama built this thread. Don't try taking any credit for his stupidity and arrogance.

A new government tax. 50% of your stars and flags if you have over 250,000 ATS points.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Indigo5

The idea is still that government is responsible for all these great things. I'm sorry, that is untrue. Last I checked my tax dollars go to pay for roads. My tax dollars go to pay for education. My tax dollars build bridges. Yes, I DID build that.

Ummm no...WE built that...you did not pay for that bridge...WE did.

You, I and everybody else PAID FOR THAT..It took a government to build it. What is a government??? The pooling of money and resources to do the things we can not do as individuals. Defense, Inrastructure, research.....And thanks for confirming my point...
edit on 26-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

The government works for us.

Our US taxpayers pay for their salaries. Those are our roads and bridges.

All the government does is print up regulations and get in the way.

The Obama administration flushed $530 million US taxpayer dollars down the toilet

on the Solyndra Scandal.

The time has come for a change in Washington DC.

The US government should be tiny.

Right now it's huge and wasteful. Exhibit A: Jeff Neely -- GSA .....the loser in the tub.

He resigned but we have all seen the picture of him in the tub.

- Government Gone Wild -
edit on 26-7-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

xuenchen, Obama built this thread. Don't try taking any credit for his stupidity and arrogance.

A new government tax. 50% of your stars and flags if you have over 250,000 ATS points.

Good one !!

But I refuse to pay.

All my points are "cash only"... and under the radar !!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join