It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellites reveal sudden Greenland ice melt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Last year the Inuits living up on the circle , and in 2010 , were saying that a shift had occurred , whereby the yearly movements of stars which they are used to observing , from the ground , had altered noticably. For example they were not rising at the usual landmarks at the usual times as would be normal , for a few generations at least. They became the subject of much poo-pooing , , even though the issues had been raised on a BBC documentary , not specifically about this occurence.
A whole debacle wrangled out over it . Until it was forgotten , a plaything of the theorists. But you dont forget something like that . This thread is on about cycle sof 150 years, last year it was cycles of 3500 aand 7000 years. Both or all three can still count , of course , as long as the evidence is there , which it is.
Acycle we see play out here may have a cycling remote cause , usually would

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

He said that, because this Greenland-wide melting has happened before - in 1889 - scientists are not yet able to determine whether this is a natural but rare event, or if it has been sparked by man-made climate change.

"Ice cores from Summit show that melting events of this type occur about once every 150 years on average. With the last one happening in 1889, this event is right on time," said Lora Koenig, a glaciologist from Nasa's Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland and a member of the research team analysing the satellite data.

Uhm... how can something which happens every 150 years, on average, be "unprecidented"?

More fear mongering and sensationalism all in the name of the ponzi scheme known as "Global Climate Change".

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
No actually they show an ice shelf breaking off. This has happened many times over thousands of years. It's not a mass melt off, it a broken shelf of ice, just the same as Antarctica.

Look at the link in the OP. This is a mass melt off over the entire landmass in a matter of 4 days. The ice shelf breaking off was a couple months ago.

One thing I will say, is if this were the entire ice mass of greenland, ocean levels would rise, and we have not heard that, so I think this is the top layer of the ice melting only, not all the glacier. Just speculating on this, not sure though.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i would like to see all of the people that say "man" is not detrimental to the pollution of the earths atmosphere, to please move you and your family next to a coal burning factory, or next to a chemical factory.
this is why i think these people are as dumb as a box of rocks and their arguements are not even worth listening to.

You are perfectly correct in what you say, but sadly the issue is not pollution. I wish it was.

It's about a con game to make money, by making you pay for something invisible, unproven, and scientifically false. "global climate change" as it's called now used to be "global warming", until the globe didn't warm, and they couldn't provide the data on which they based their "sky is faling!" claims. And they lied, and committed fraud, and lied some more, and fiddled with aircons, and lied some more.

That the media have convinced so many people to buy into it, is the dumb as rocks part.

EDIT: Oh, and while everyone is talking about "carbon tax", nobody is paying attention to real pollution, like chemicals etc. Makes me real angry that part.

edit on 25-7-2012 by harryhaller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

GOOD data share snf
Yet some will say nothing is happining there is no climate change the gulf of mexico has nothing to do with this or the heavy radiation particals in the atmosphere causing a serious green house effect smh. STAY STRONG

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i would like to see all of the people that say "man" is not detrimental to the pollution of the earths atmosphere, to please move you and your family next to a coal burning factory, or next to a chemical factory.
this is why i think these people are as dumb as a box of rocks and their arguements are not even worth listening to.

We can all agree that man is a major polluter of the Earth, but it's a completely different thing to say that we are responsible for global warming when the same trend is happening else where in the solar system.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

just curious as to what a "ponzi scheme" is
was hoping you could help explain it to me so i can understand how "global climate change" is one

thanks in advance
~your pal sirhumperdink

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Anyone notice that the day after tomorrow keeps being repeated over and over again? Coincidence. Anyone know if there is anything to the theories presented in the movie? It seems plausible.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

A ponzi scheme is where I tell you I can take your money, invest it and give you a big return. Then I get five more people to invest in my scheme. I pay you back your money with a nice bonus. You are so happy you recommend me and ten more people invest. I use the money from those ten to pay back the five previous investors keep some for myself and give them a nice bonus. They are so pleased they recommend me to fifty people who invest. I keep some pay off the earlier investors and it keeps growing... But eventually it all collapses because since there is no real business or investment the whole thing will fall apart. Hopefully I will be in a far away place where I cant be found by then...

The same thing with the planet. We keep taking and taking but nothing is being put back. Eventually it will collapse. Or we will have to find a place far away to run to and hide. (or a new place to exploit)!!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

yeah i know what a ponzi scheme is my point was to make him figure out that calling global climate change a ponzi scheme makes almost no sense and hes just tossing around words that he knows have negative connotations

(and even after you gave a fairly reasonable definition of what one is you do the same thing (though for entirely different reasoning) by saying its the same as bleeding the planet dry ....however i suppose you could argue that our current monetary system and society is run like a ponzi scheme with trying to bring in more people to prop up the pyramid and raise their relative position so THEIR investments werent a waste and so they can get paaaaid and that said system is the reason for for raping the planet)
edit on 25-7-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

What about this I just read. www.huffingtonpost.com...

It seems like everything is melting. So many things are going on all at once where do we begin???

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

very insightful reasoning there. I think you get my point. All of society/government/big corporations or whatever you want to call it in any form is a kind of ponzi scheme. Eventually it will become unstable. I believe that is what we are now seeing on many different levels from political and economical to environmentally...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by Uniceft17
What exactly is going on with the planet? I've been convinced that global warming is a myth, but it's not just the planet, it's the weather, the economy, politics at its most polarizing point in American history, 2012 has been an interesting year and I have a feeling something is on the horizon.

You ought to go slap whoever it was that convinced you that global warming is a myth.

Since it is climate, not weather, it takes time, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to sort out that pumping a crapload of CO2 into the atmosphere is going to have some affect on how the atmosphere behaves.

Ahhh..don't worry. I am 100% positive that even if ice caps are literally melting and glaciers are breaking up right above people's heads - there will still be some claiming that global warming is a myth.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I havent heard much more on this... I wonder if the ice is still melting at a record rate...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Nobody said the planet was not warming, so just drop that line for the rest of the thread please...Its the fact that the planet has done this, even worse than now before we were here and had all the industrial revolution going full steam. Not to mention that the same rise in temperature is also happening on the other planets, with no humans or so they tell us....Pollution is one thing, and a bad thing at that, but has nothing to do with this conversation. Should we not pollute and conserve energy and all that, of coarse we should, but its for other reasons not related to "global warming" caused by people...Go live in a cave and use no power what so ever for as long as you want, the cycle will end and repeat either way.

The sun and earth have cycles that have repeated over and over for millions of years, we all know there was ice ages and then back to normal. They call it something else now and dropped the whole inconvenient truth thing for a reason, their science was not adding up, when you look at ALL the evidence, and I mean all of it, they saw that there was higher levels of CO2 before and that it appears that the CO2 goes up after a warming occurs and not the cause.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
With 6 billion people and counting on this planet I have no doubt we're having some kind of effect on the weather. I'm a sportsman and I fish and hunt year round. I watch the weather every day. Some years we have normal temps other years we have above normal temps. I know one thing for sure it's been getting warmer then it use to be. I ice fish the great lakes in the winter. I guage my ice fishing seasons by how thick the ice gets. I drill holes in it constently. The past ten years we've been getting less ice compaired to back in the 80's and 90's. My ice fishing seasons are getting shorter and shorted. Last year I couldn't even get out on the ice because there was none.
edit on 2-8-2012 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This could be happening because the Earth is tilting to the South. The Sun would then be more northern. The pole shift may already be under way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join