Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Anti-Kerry Film To Air on 1/4 Of America's TV's Nights Before Election

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Because these same people wanted Moore's head on a silver platter when he tried to do the same as these people, well, except he would be given a time slot, not interrupt shows or local news. So now he on PPV. Also, Sinclair does make Fox look kind of Liberal, but still, what was the first action at fox when they made this? They cleaned house, fired everyone who was liberal and replaced them with republicans. Even hired the "Dark Prince of the Republicans" as he is known to make shows and produce Fox News.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I have a very simple question. What are you afraid of if this airs? Have any of you seen it?

The issue should be one of those "I don't support what you say, but I'll die for you're right to say it" type things.

Just like there are laws that say you can't air cigarette commercials. Public airways are governed. Stations like ABC, CBS, NBC, operate under different rules to ensure fairness and accuracy, enforced by the FCC.

You don't pay to watch CBS, ABC, or NBC. They are public, they aren't supposed to take sides.

I think it's wrong for any political movement, left right or center, to get time on the Over the Air national networks. If they want to solicit an audience and then charge them for viewing (Cable???) then more power to them. Other than that, I don't care if you're Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler or somewhere in between...the free public networks are not there for you to spew your opinions.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I'm really kind of freaking out over what I've learned.

The Moonies are a scary bunch of fanatics.

You forgot to mention that Moon was CROWNED BY US CONGRESSMEN as "none other than humanity's Savior, Messiah, Returning Lord and True Parent."
Source 1, Source 2.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
F911 was a total marxist fairy tale and the 60 or so errors are well
documented. Stolen Valor is truth and has no error.

What F9/11 has to do with Marxism, I have no idea. Marx wanted the proletariat (the workers) exploited by the bourgeois class to gain ownership of the means of production, through revolution if necessary. He was an economist first and foremost. I think the only think Marx would have recognized in F9/11 is the rush by American investors to Iraqi oil cash. But Marx didn't believe in nations. He thought that people would unite internationally according to class.

So this is just to say that people, if you're going to bandy around words like "marxism" to describe something, at least be ready to explain what you mean. I find that a number of posters who use those words have little knowledge of what they mean.

And "Stolen Value" is truth and has no error? my my, aren't we confident. The observation I would make is that EVERYONE - even the veterans, even Bush, even Kerry - has an agenda. NOTHING is objective, and truth is always twisted and tweaked to prove a point.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think everyone is getting worked up over nothing. There is NO way this will actually air. However, because I consider myself a fair and balanced Republican American
, just in case there is a possiblity this could air, I will write letters and ask that this not be permitted. (Thanks for making it easy by posting all of the contact info!)

I think that allowing Moore to air F9/11, EVEN if it's on PPV, is a lot worse considering that his movie is so decietful. So, for all of you who are asking us to write letters to not have Kerry's movie shown on election eve, wouldn't it be a nice gesture on your part to write a letter requesting that FahrenHYPE 9/11 be shown, also on PPV, right after F9/11?

After I finish my letter writing to protest Kerry's movie I'm going to see who I would write regarding Moore's movie. Any of you willing to help me with the FahrenHYPE PPV campaign?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So, for all of you who are asking us to write letters to not have Kerry's movie shown on election eve, wouldn't it be a nice gesture on your part to write a letter requesting that FahrenHYPE 9/11 be shown, also on PPV, right after F9/11?

Small problem there. Not many will buy two movies. $3 for Farhenheit 9/11 and you think they will spend another $3 on Fahrenhype? I know $3 is not a lot but I just dont see many people buying both of them... Especially since those that will pay to see Farhenheit are already anti-bush.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
O.K., so we should request in our letters that viewers can see two movies for the price of one. Think about it, sometimes they have those 'all day ticket' offers where you only pay one time but you can see the movie at any time during the day. Why couldn't they do something like that with heit and hype back to back?

And if they won't do that, I would still be content if they OFFERED FahrehHYPE immediately following F9/11 so that people could have the option of paying an additional $3. Right now Fahrenheit is a guaranteed rental at all video stores, meaning it is guaranteed to be available for rental. The same stores only have 1-2 copies of FahrenHYPE which are always checked out. Having FahrenHYPE on PPV would give more people the opportunity to see both sides since their local video stores refuse to stock enough of it.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

After I finish my letter writing to protest Kerry's movie I'm going to see who I would write regarding Moore's movie. Any of you willing to help me with the FahrenHYPE PPV campaign?

Jemison

I haven't seen F9/11 yet. Maybe I will this week, it's coming on my NetFlix order. So while I commend your action, I cannot commit. Maybe there are more people who haven't seen F9/11, and really can't say if it's good or bad. What are we to do? I'm not ready to condemn or endorse any movie, whether it's critical of Bush or Kerry, unless I've seen it. I think there are a lot of people like me, but they are too embarrassed to say it, and will support, or condemn, something blindly without having seen it.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
In all honesty I haven't seen it either. However, I know enough about it to know that it is not accurate. Moore stretches the truth and he admits the movie is his 'opinion'. And more importantly, there is a movie available that shows the OTHER side. Another opinion.

What I'm asking you to do is request to have BOTH sides shown. Fahernheit AND FahrenHYPE. That isn't asking you to say that Moore is a liar. That's asking you to request that both sides be shown. And in all fairness, Kerry was told that he would have a chance to respond to whatever the movie about him showed. So if their plan was to air it and to make time available for Kerry to respond, how in the world can you say that you cannot commit to heit and hype being shown back to back? Maybe I'm missing something?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
How do you know it isn't accurate if you/ve never seen it? Are you psychic? What are the winning lotto numbers in Ohio?

Anyways, never seen it, so how do you know? Because a republican told you? Well, if he tells you Kerry is going to eat all the abies in the world, are you going to believe him?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I have seen Fahrienheit 9/11 and I can say that Moore makes some riduculous claims/connections. Such as claiming Fox News gave the election to Bush

He criticizes Bush for just sitting there in the classroom after the second plane hit.

I dont like Bush, but I will say the look on his face after his aide told him the news is enough to say that Bush was concerned/shocked... Not that he was thinking he should have read his security report or dropped his connections with bin Laden family, etc.

Anyway, this thread isnt a F911 review thread its about the showing of a bias TV show/movie before the election.

How about this... They can show the show on broadcast TV for free after 1:00 am EST ?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

And in all fairness, Kerry was told that he would have a chance to respond to whatever the movie about him showed. So if their plan was to air it and to make time available for Kerry to respond, how in the world can you say that you cannot commit to heit and hype being shown back to back? Maybe I'm missing something?

Jemison

Seriously, if someone who owns tv stations shows a movie about Bush's National Guard record in a negative light (or some other subject, coc aine, the Suadis, whatever), would Bush spend his time to sit in a studio for rebuttal? That would add credence to the allegations, but also, who has the time a month from the election, to talk to some guy who made a movie?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Interesting that everyone defends F 9/11, won't stand up to defend that the other side be shown and yet demands that precious little Kerry not have his name tarnished on election eve.

I'll stand by my word and get the letters out asking that the Kerry movie not be shown, but I think it's pretty sad and hypocritical that you all can't see it from the other side.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Oh I do see the other side.. I would like to see Farhenhype to see the other side of the arguments of Fahrenheit.. Its just I would have to buy the DVD, because its not at my local video store.

Let's just say that fahrenhype didnt get as much HYPE and Farhenheit got HEIGHT

But I think showing political biased programming late at night when everyone is sleeping is fair That means that whoever is serious about watching it but cant afford the DVD can stay up late and watch it.. Or they can fall asleep if they dont care...

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Interesting that everyone defends F 9/11, won't stand up to defend that the other side be shown and yet demands that precious little Kerry not have his name tarnished on election eve.

I'll stand by my word and get the letters out asking that the Kerry movie not be shown, but I think it's pretty sad and hypocritical that you all can't see it from the other side.

Jemison

It's not about movies! It's about anyone who owns stations, to interrupt the programming of ABC, CBS, NBC, or even FOX, to show their political views.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Jemison

I do see your point of view J.
But if you look at my posts, I'm not backpeddling when I reiterate it's the medium in question, not the message. I think a good counterpoint example to F911 is FHYPE, but it's too isolated. A better example of a "rally the base" movie designed to do much the same thing from the conservative side would be The Passion. I have no idea if it's on pay per view now, but if it were that still doesn't bother me. I'd never try to stop it from being available even on election eve. Sorry I don't know of any directly pro-Bush movies to name. But they'd be fine too on PPV.

Yes, Moore is trying to insert himself in this election with the election eve pay per view of F911, but if Bill O'Reilly knows what's he talking about (just now), it's still not going to happen. And even if it does, it's different.

Mr. O just took Sinclair to task from the second half of the segment I just saw saying Sinclair is wrong to do this with the "Stolen Hour" news hype event. He said the only thing that would make this partisan effort fair is giving Kerry point blank his own free access to 90 minutes of broadcast on Sinclair affiliates.

Not to rebutt. Not to particpate. FREE EQUAL AIR TIME. Frankly, I'd like to see Kerry have 90 free minutes of air in 24% of markets for whatever he deems fit.
But Sinclair won't do that.

O'Reilly (and I'll get the whole transcript to confirm I saw this context right) appeared to also agree it's the medium. Not the message. And used showing F911 in a broadcast medium as a counter example of bad ethics. Again, broadcast. Well, he said on FOX, but he thinks they're a real channel.
The point is not 'pay per view.'

An additional point on Moore. He's become quite a monkey on the Democrats back IMO. I'd actually like him to go away now. Not sure on the F911 thing at all. It wouldn't bother me if he did or didn't get F911 on PPV but it doesn't make sense to write letters (in my perspective) to stop capitalism. It's pay per view again. Not free public airwaves broadcast time for one candidate or side. And I think you may be more pleased with Moore's planned 2005 movie (assuming Kerry is President) than most Democrats.
You've got to realize Moore's an anti-authoritarian leftist, not a traditional Democrat. I know you may not see the difference, but there is one. And his next work on healthcare will make that clear if it's a chronicle of the Kerry Presidency as planned. Kerry's "tax cuts" to promote healthcare don't make Moore and other real lefties happy. Though happier than with Pharmacia Bush.

Anyhoo, if Bill O'Reilly is against Sinclair now. I was indeed correct in observing the tide is turning as conservatives realize it's reflecting poorly on Bush, perhaps unfairly.
It won't however, if more conservatives like O'Reilly and you Jemison
stand up for fair media.

It's been interesting. And as a point of clarification, Sinclair has moved the movie up to NEXT WEEK. But still reserves the "Stolen Hour" for before right before the election. They're scrambling though to do the damage they can quick before the board get's sued by stockholder's or the FCC offically steps in. I think they want this behind them now as much as anyone, but true believers that they are... they're digging in and side stepping. Not recanting.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
And...in case Kerry film isnt succesfull, we'll give youTHIS to think about.

Never fails and I amaze myself. I am always right.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
DemocraticUnderground is already beginning to orchestrate a campaign to have the Sinclair group slapped down by the FCC.

Email : investor@sbgi.net

You should also call/email any local stations owned by the Sinclair group, i'm working on a full list.

It's outrageous. Sinclair can have its license suspended if enough people complain. Tell everyone you know.

Ah, the art of censorship. If your side of the political plight is so strong then certainly it can stand some debate? Thats what I love about libs. Their answer to the other side is to keep them from being heard.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Im curious, did Michael Moore offer this for free on national tv or is he just trying to make money?? I can't imagine some cable channels wouldn't play it for free if offered.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up but David Shuster of MSNBC's Hardball brought this up in "Hardblogger" www.msnbc.msn.com... (By the time I post this the link might have changed. it was posted on Oct 12th)
I'll just quote what I think he was getting at, and what I think the main gripe of some of those in this thread is.

Some of you might be thinking, "Well, wait a second, Michael Moore splashed his anti-Bush film in movie theaters across the country." That's true. But there is a huge difference between forcing voters to buy a ticket to watch a partisan film... and showing something partisan over the free television airwaves. If Sinclair wants to sponsor "Stolen Honor" in movie theaters across the country, more power to them. But television stations are a different matter regardless of your political leanings. Because remember, if it is Sinclair and "Stolen Honor" this Sunday, would you be comfortable with CBS and "Fahrenheit 9/11" next Sunday?

He also brings up a few other points, just something to read.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join