It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Kerry Film To Air on 1/4 Of America's TV's Nights Before Election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman

Originally posted by Nerdling
DemocraticUnderground is already beginning to orchestrate a campaign to have the Sinclair group slapped down by the FCC.

Email : [email protected]

You should also call/email any local stations owned by the Sinclair group, i'm working on a full list.

It's outrageous. Sinclair can have its license suspended if enough people complain. Tell everyone you know.

F-ING WHINERS!!!! The same logic that you're using against the "Bushies" can be used against the democrats being outraged against this film. The democrats were all happy and saying it's just freedom of speech when f/911 comes out, but now that there's an anti-Kerry movie coming out they object!!!!! What kind of reasoning is this? Already there are plenty more pro.Kerry and anti-Bush books/movies/television programs than there are Pro Bush or anti-Kerry. I work at a movie theatre, and right now we have a pro. Kerry movie showing, and we just took f/911 out a few weeks ago. We have not yet shown a pro.Bush movie. These companies are obviously biased against the right. Go to any book store and you'll see what I mean. For every pro. Bush or anti-Kerry book, there will be AT LEAST 5 Anti-Bush/pro. Kerry books. Besides, there were anti-Bush documentaries that came out right before election 2000.

I think YOU need to "F-ING" step back and look at what I'm trying to say.

I'm not criticising the movie at all, if someone wants to make a movie like this then thats not a problem. What I do NOT like is the fact that a blatantly partisan whinefest is being shown on 1/4 of America's TV's just a few nights before a bitterly contested national election.

F911 is being shown on pay-per-view. That means that if you want to go see it then you have to authorise a purchase and BUY it. This is being network broadcast. You turn your tv on and its there.

It perplexes me how anyone, even the partisans can support this movie being shown.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Please edit your last post, and watch the language.

I'm still warning ya as soon as I reboot (popups)
but let's all take it down a notch please.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
My first warning under JTL, been a few years since in trouble with the mods, but agree the language was a little much.

Anyways, as someone else just said, PPV vs Free TV is different. Bushies were out for blood when they found out F9/11 was to be played on PPV, yet find nothing wrong with Death to Kerry being played on free tv. It is hypocracy to the extreme, this is even worse then "Do as I say, not as I do." Hypocracy.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The Yahoo group of SBGI stock owners is talking about short sellling it for Monday now.

They're down $7.50 from Friday's controversy alone.
www.sbgi.net...

Remember when Republicans used to be organized?

I'm hitting my local media markets hard. This is fun.

Especially linking the Sinclair President's arrest for prostitution in the company car to investment sites.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Now the way I understand it (could be wrong) Sinclair is going to run this as a news story thats not covered under FEC rules additionally I've heard that they will offer Kerry TV time for discussion after the program is aired.

I also understand the program is about former Vietnam POW's and their belief that Kerry's anti-war activities caused them harm in captivity. The program is produced by a former POW and ex-Washington Post reporter (I think thats the correct paper)

I can't believe people could actually deny that Kerry's actions at that time were not harmful to american POW's - it seems to be well documented by now that indeed the NV used Kerry and his action to their benifit.

I think the POW's deserve to have their story told - after all its only the truth how harmful can that be?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
I think the POW's deserve to have their story told - after all its only the truth how harmful can that be?

That's a defensible position, but less so in light of the same company forcing it's affiliates to pre-empt NIGHTLINE waaaaay before the election because they claimed the simple, dignified reading of names of our soldiers that made the ultimate sacrifice was "too political."

That was the truth. And very pro-vet. So what was the harm there? They clearly saw one. And hide behind the "politics" shield to justify the call.

I don't think any from the Kerry camp is dignifying this "offer" anyway, just as you wouldn't expect a George Bush rebuttal to the airing of the reverse.

But is it news? Is it an infomercial? Why the timing and wait to air? SBVT or any other 527 of vets can buy all the air time they want for all I care, but this smells quite different. Free broadcast time with a one sided agenda.

Anyway, good questions all. I hope many lawyers are asking the same now.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
But is it news? Is it an infomercial? Why the timing and wait to air? SBVT or any other 527 of vets can buy all the air time they want for all I care, but this smells quite different. Free broadcast time with a one sided agenda.

Take a deep breath RANT, you can have the Left side of the couch, and I�ll sit on the Right, I'll find a couple of easily influenced Independents to sit in the middle... Couple of hours and it will all be over... It'll work out... Trust me.

Placating Monkeys, not just for making everyone happy anymore�

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The democrats were all happy and saying it's just freedom of speech when f/911 comes out, but now that there's an anti-Kerry movie coming out they object!!!!! What kind of reasoning is this?

It's called democraticunderground.com reasoning .... in other words ..
no reason or logic or education necessarily is involved.

I too wish to thank those that have provided the stations that will
be educating the public with the truth of John Kerry's stolen valor.
I'll be sending encouraging emails to them.

F911 was a total marxist fairy tale and the 60 or so errors are well
documented. Stolen Valor is truth and has no error.

For all you folks sending emails off to complain about Stolen Valor
being shown ... how about sending one off to John Kerry as well.
Ask him why did Bill Clinton give him an honorable discharge 30
years after he left the service? What was his original discharge
from the Navy? It HAD to be less than honorable or (democrat)
Clinton wouldn't have given (democrat) Kerry an honorable discharge.
Tell Kerry to sign his 180 Form and to release all military documents
to prove the film 'Stolen Valor' wrong.

(betchya he doesn't release the info because that would prove
Stolen Valor right!!)

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HAPPEN - Both Michael Moore's
freak show and Stolen Valor NOT to be shown on TV at all.
I don't think it's the place for it. However, if F911 is shown,
then Stolen Valor has a wide open right to be shown as well.

[edit on 10/10/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Where can I see this movie? I Googled but could only find the book. Where did you see it?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Yes, f911 will be available on pay-per-view but only a million tops will watch it. This is available on network, free-to-air TV and its being forced on people because a station has a radical right wing agenda.

Basically you are complaining because the anti-kerry film is getting
to more homes than F911. I'd betchya' any amount of $$ (if it were
legal to do so) that Michael Moore would have put F911 on CBS, NBC,
ABC, and FOX if he could have. He didn't put it on Pay For View because
of any kind of personal morality. He put it on the limited outlet because
that was all that would take it. He is lucky that it was taken by PPV.
After all the debunking of F911 happened .... who'd want to bother
to see it now?

BTW - No TV is 'forced on people' anywhere. Everyone has the option
to change the channel to one of the other 99 +/- stations they are
receiving. That goes for F911 too. It isn't being forced on anyone.
People are free to turn the channel and not watch.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Where can I see this movie? I Googled but could only find the book. Where did you see it?

I have read the book which followed the movie.
(Same as the F911 book followed the movie.)

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The democrats were all happy and saying it's just freedom of speech when f/911 comes out, but now that there's an anti-Kerry movie coming out they object!!!!! What kind of reasoning is this?

It's called democraticunderground.com reasoning .... in other words ..
no reason or logic or education involved.

What don't you understand about the difference in a movie you have to buy or pay to see and public airwarves under scrutiny of the FCC and federal election law prior to an election?

I don't really care if you and Mirth (it's cheese with that whine? by the way) are giddy over this partisan effort by a huge group of broadcast owners, but it's the same thing as F911 which was blocked from airing broadcast before the election. That was fine. I agreed.

But a group that pre-empts Nightline but shows this? Not exactly the best face you can put forward. We'll see though.

It either won't happen, or will and backfire or SBGI will pay dearly (finanacially of course
) as will local station owners. Look, we got the CIA pulling for Kerry now.
The fix is in.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Basically you are complaining because the anti-kerry film is getting
to more homes than F911. I'd betchya' any amount of $$ (if it were
legal to do so) that Michael Moore would have put F911 on CBS, NBC,
ABC, and FOX if he could have. He didn't put it on Pay For View because
of any kind of personal morality.

He tried, and was told it's illegal.
Just like this. The RNC alerted the FEC they would contest it, but it didn't matter anyway since Moore doesn't own the movie. Hs distributors do which said...no, no, no Mr. Moore we're selling this thing, not giving it away.

Check your hypocrisy please. Sure Moore's a propagandist but he was stopped. Why isn't this? Hmmm?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Just a few points to make:

1) The Moore Film: F911 is a partisan piece by Moore clearly reflecting his agenda. That being said. Alot of the story is true. There are numerous books by numerous authors that outline some of the events in the movie. There is a connection with the Bin ladens and the Bush family. The avalibility of the movie on DVD less than one month is not a coincidence. Moore and his production company pushed for the really early release in time to try to influence the election

2) While Rant makes a point about being on Broadcast TV, are you suggesting that it would be acceptable on say cable? Forgive my ignorance, has the FCC actually stopped Moore from showing the movie on broadcast networks? Is there one that would do it? Fox maybe, but that besides the point. Have any of you considered that Moore has talked but not persued a broadcast for F911 because he is simply trying to make a buck now?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Check your hypocrisy please. Sure Moore's a propagandist but he was stopped. Why isn't this? Hmmm?

Honestly .... I highly doubt it will be shown ... but I LOOOOOOOVE
watching and reading the left get all upset and indignant because
they think the right might actually do something that they wanted
to do and couldn't. It's kinda like chocolate dessert! mmmmmmm.

(Stolen Valor won't be shown on TV - that's my call)

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Have any of you considered that Moore has talked but not persued a broadcast for F911 because he is simply trying to make a buck now?

Michael Moore .... trying to make a buck ... without a care to
the truth or law ...
Whod'a thunk that?

FredT ... you are sooooooo right!

[edit on 10/10/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I don't really care if you and Mirth (it's cheese with that whine? by the way) are giddy over this partisan effort by a huge group of broadcast owners, but it's the same thing as F911 which was blocked from airing broadcast before the election. That was fine. I agreed.

RANT, I was referring to the rather pungent fromage odor that was emanating from your post and how refreshing a little "whine" would be... Quite distressing when the media seems to be against you... Welcome to "everyday" in the Republican world. You are complaining about one airing when we contend with a full "fronting" of liberal bias 24/7... Katie Couric every morning catering to the "mush heads" of America, Dan Rather's less than ethical journalistic endeavors, and now that the shoe is on the other foot you cry "fowl".

You're not wearing the shoe very well.

Satirical Monkeys, not just for the other foot anymore...

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wouldn't I have to own everything, run everything and still scream victim at the top of my lungs over every bruised toe?

Bah. No whine. Just revenge. See you in the funny papers.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Really, do people live under rocks somewhere?

How can some people still be undecided and not know who to vote for, and still waiting for the next bit of news or the next movie or the next debate to try to make up their minds?

These UNDECIDEDS should do the world a favor and not vote. Who needs the vote anyway? If you dont know by now the politics behind each candidate and if you're waiting to see the next debate to see if Bush was anxious or if Kerry looked relaxed or if they had props or who speaks better or what??? We all know what they're all about and most of us already have an opinion and will not change that opinion.

Can people be swayed that easily? Its laughable.
Bush acted like a moron= take away 5 points
Kerry had cheat sheets= take away 5 points
Bush came out swinging= Give him 5 points

Come on, folks, by now, if you dont know where you stand and need to watch an anti-Kerry movie in order to make up your minds....
dont bother voting. You might come home after you vote, hear something new and not be able to re-vote. get it?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You know it was a documentary on bush and his raise to the white house but that was ban from regular TV, I remember a link to it here in ATS, it was pretty good.

This tell you when "money" big money favors one candidate over the other fantastic.

so michale moore can make propaganda film and the conservatives cant then? wtf dude?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join