It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Kerry Film To Air on 1/4 Of America's TV's Nights Before Election

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Outrageous.

We got screamed at for the very notion of F911 being shown but the Sinclair group have decided to PRE-EMPT primetime programming and show this attack dog movie.

NEW YORK � The conservative-leaning Sinclair Broadcast Group, whose television outlets reach nearly a quarter of the nation's homes with TV, is ordering its stations to preempt regular programming just days before the Nov. 2 election to air a film that attacks Sen. John F. Kerry's activism against the Vietnam War, network and station executives familiar with the plan said Friday.

www.latimes.com...

This is so wrong. Yes, f911 will be available on pay-per-view but only a million tops will watch it. This is available on network, free-to-air TV and its being forced on people because a station has a radical right wing agenda.

If anyone feels like getting medieval...

Corporate Headquarters
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, Maryland 21030
410-568-1500 (Main Telephone)
410-568-1533 (Main Fax)

Investor Relations Contact
Lucy A. Rutishauser
VP Corporate Finance and
Corporate Treasurer
[email protected]

Sales Questions
Darren Shapiro
VP Sales
410-568-1500

-or-

Jeff Sleete
VP Marketing
410-568-1500

Directions to Corporate Headquarters

Approaching from the East (Philadelphia):

Take I-95 to I-695 (Baltimore Beltway) West toward Towson.
Take I-83 North / Exit 24 toward Cockeysville, MD / York, PA.
Exit at Warren Road / Exit 18.
Make first left onto Beaver Dam Road.
Sinclair building is about 300 feet on left.
Approaching from the West (BWI Airport):

Take I-95 North towards I-695 / Baltimore
Take I-695 North (West) towards Pikesville / Towson.
Follow I-695 North around to I-83 North / Exit 24 (do not take first I-83 exit South towards Baltimore)
Approaching from Downtown Baltimore:

Take I-83 (Jones Falls Expressway) North to I-695 East towards Towson.
Stay in right lane and take next exit, I-83 North / Exit 24 toward Cockeysville, MD / York, PA..
Approaching from the North (Pennsylvania):

Take I-83 South to Shawan Road / Exit 20A toward Cockeysville
Stay in right lane and merge onto McCormick Road
McCormick Road becomes Beaver Dam Road
Pass Cockeysville Road on the left;
Sinclair building is about 300 feet on the right

www.sbgi.net...

And here are some call signs...

Asheville/Greenville WB 40 WBSC-DT14
Baltimore FOX 45 WBFF-DT46
Buffalo FOX 29 WUTV-DT14
Cedar Rapids CBS 2 KGAN-DT51
Champaign/Spfld,IL NBC 15 WICD-DT41
Columbus ABC 6 WSYX-DT13
Columbus FOX 28 WTTE-DT36
Dayton ABC 22 WKEF-DT51
Dayton FOX 45 WRGT-DT30
Des Moines FOX 17 KDSM-DT16
Milwaukee WB 18 WVTV-DT61
Minneapolis WB 23 KMWB-DT22
Nashville FOX 17 WZTV-DT15
Oklahoma City FOX 25 KOKH-DT24
Pittsburgh FOX 53 WPGH-DT43
Portland, ME CBS 13 WGME-DT38
Sacramento CBS 13 KOVR-DT25
San Antonio FOX 29 KABB-DT30
Spfld/Champaign, IL NBC 20 WICS-DT42
St. Louis ABC 30 KDNL-DT31
Tallahassee NBC 40 WTWC-DT2

BAH! This is so wrong. I'm off to start my media blaster.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
You know it was a documentary on bush and his raise to the white house but that was ban from regular TV, I remember a link to it here in ATS, it was pretty good.

This tell you when "money" big money favors one candidate over the other fantastic.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I say the Democrats should feature Farengheit 911 on television along with The Rise and Fall of Hitler.
Maybe throw in a little Alex Jones.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
WTF?!? F9/11 gonna play on PPV? "We gotta stop this, this is wrong, lets go kill Moore! We have to buy and burn every last copy!" Bushies.

"They gonna play anti-Kerry film on free tv? Yea! Go Bush! All Hail God! I mean Bush, wait, same thing to me...." Bushies.

Bull#! Bu#!

BTW, any email address we can send mail to?(I don't use the post offcie)

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Nerdling, thank you so much for posting the SBG contact info, I have fired off an e-mail of commendation and praise complimenting them for having the courage to get out the truth on Kerry's traitorous acts to the public on their stations.

It is my fervant hope that SBG's steps in this direction encourage the other MSM to give scrutiny to Kerrys record in this matter as well as spotlighting his horrendous senatorial record which seems to be under-reported.

Respectfully, Phoenix

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
DemocraticUnderground is already beginning to orchestrate a campaign to have the Sinclair group slapped down by the FCC.

Email : [email protected]

You should also call/email any local stations owned by the Sinclair group, i'm working on a full list.

It's outrageous. Sinclair can have its license suspended if enough people complain. Tell everyone you know.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
www.fcc.gov...

How to Contact the FCC

To Contact the Commissioners via E-mail

Chairman Michael K. Powell: [email protected]
Commissioner Kathleen Q. Abernathy: [email protected]
Commissioner Michael J. Copps: [email protected]
Commissioner Kevin J. Martin: [email protected]
Commissioner Jonathan S. Adelstein: [email protected]

To Obtain Information via E-mail

General information, inquiries & complaints: [email protected]
Freedom of Information Act requests: [email protected]
Comments on FCC Internet services: [email protected]
Elections & political candidate matters: [email protected]

To Obtain Information via Telephone

1-888-225-5322 (1-888-CALL FCC) Voice: toll-free
1-888-835-5322 (1-888-TELL FCC) TTY: toll-free
(202) 418-2555 TTY: toll
(202) 418-0710 FAX
(202) 418-2830 FAX on Demand
(202) 418-1440 Elections & political candidate matters
FCC Phone Directory

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
DemocraticUnderground is already beginning to orchestrate a campaign to have the Sinclair group slapped down by the FCC.

Email : [email protected]

You should also call/email any local stations owned by the Sinclair group, i'm working on a full list.

It's outrageous. Sinclair can have its license suspended if enough people complain. Tell everyone you know.

F-ING WHINERS!!!! The same logic that you're using against the "Bushies" can be used against the democrats being outraged against this film. The democrats were all happy and saying it's just freedom of speech when f/911 comes out, but now that there's an anti-Kerry movie coming out they object!!!!! What kind of reasoning is this? Already there are plenty more pro.Kerry and anti-Bush books/movies/television programs than there are Pro Bush or anti-Kerry. I work at a movie theatre, and right now we have a pro. Kerry movie showing, and we just took f/911 out a few weeks ago. We have not yet shown a pro.Bush movie. These companies are obviously biased against the right. Go to any book store and you'll see what I mean. For every pro. Bush or anti-Kerry book, there will be AT LEAST 5 Anti-Bush/pro. Kerry books. Besides, there were anti-Bush documentaries that came out right before election 2000.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
F-ING WHINERS!!!! The same logic that you're using against the "Bushies" can be used against the democrats being outraged against this film. The democrats were all happy and saying it's just freedom of speech when f/911 comes out, but now that there's an anti-Kerry movie coming out they object!!!!!

I couldn�t agree more. Freedom of speech works both ways.

I didn�t care when Moore came out with Fahrenheit 9/11. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But now that someone is coming out with an anti-Kerry film you are calling foul? Seems a little hypocritical to me.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Thank you for the email address. I too have sent off a note of praise thanking them and telling them to keep up the good work.

Really now are we screaming "conservative bias" Please. How about the fact that Moore and his production fast tracked F911 to DVD one month before the election? Complaints about that from you all? Nope not a bit.

Good for the goose, good for the gander

BTW, do you have the Comcast email. Maybe we can get whole national coverage with it!!!!!

[edit on 10/9/04 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
FredT, just go to the DemocraticUnderground.com site and their lead posts in the Campaign 2004 forum has all the links you'll need.

Um- wear protection (Trojan?), you'll need it.

[edit on 9-10-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
FredT, just go to the DemocraticUnderground.com site and their lead posts in the Campaign 2004 has all the links you'll need.

Um- wear protection (Trojan?), you'll need it.

Dang it, I went there got Liberal all over me. I feel the sudden urge to raise your taxes, cut the military and lead a chorus of kumbya at the UN

Dem underground? thats a double glover for sure

[edit on 10/9/04 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
How did Michael Moore get dragged into this? Does he own tv stations, and force his programming onto them? Does he forcibly cancel station managers programming to show his films?

Also, just because you own television stations, doesn't mean you can do what you want. Just as if you own a restaurant, you can't deny blacks entry, or allow smoking where it is against the law. Certain enterprises are governed to ensure that they operate in a fair and balanced way, regardless of who owns them.

They day Micheal Moore interrupts re-runs of "Friends" or "Fear Factor" to show his movies, then you can cry all you want.

I haven't even seen Fahrenheit 9/11 yet (it's coming on the next NetFlix delivery) so I'm not trying to defend him, I just think the comparison is ludicrous, and a symptom of the intellectually incurious and those quick to anger, but slow to think.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
My My aren't you quick on the uptake - a fast learner you are!

Yup this is just another complaining liberal that can't take what they have dished out and they have differing standards for themselves but cry cry cry when it comes back to roost - wah wah wah.

I can't wait to see the country get the truth about traitor Kerry.

Ah - hello curme you posted as I was typing - you are correct this has nothing to do with Moore and everything to do with free speech and private enterprise. You-all have to show that SBG is not acting in the public interest (good luck) for an FCC complaint to stick, the FCC is not known for fast action - witness the Janet Jackson breast affair - what makes you guys think they are going to stifle free speach on your behalf prior to the election - don't kid yourself on this.

While we're on free speech issue and elections, why are you guys denying the vote to Nader - hmmmmmm - have it both ways is always the democratic operative way of doing things - hypocritical all the way down the road.

In fact these issues just make me more republican cause I can't stand two faced people that have an ingrained ability to fool themselves not most of the time but all of the time.

spell

[edit on 9-10-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
How did Michael Moore get dragged into this? Does he own tv stations, and force his programming onto them? Does he forcibly cancel station managers programming to show his films?

Come now realy: The Moore comparison is entirely appropriate. He rushed the movie to DVD to get it out in time for the election. Why would he do that?

1) He has a political agenda
2) He is greedy

IMHO a little from 1 and a little from 2

How is that ANY different?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well I hope they do play it and people see it. They need to be educated on this liberal from mass.

He is a grave threat to the USA and our future is at stake.

[edit on 9-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well I hope they do play it and people see it. They need to be educated on this liberal from mass.

What's the movie like? Any good? A lot of facts, or is it just spin? How does it compare with the "liberal" films?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Okay, for the record, even though I am often lumped in with the 'Bushies', I would much prefer we show Farenheit 9/11 on network tv, then it's antithesis, Farenhype or Celsius 41.11

But in all reality, if we want to hear all the talking points from F9/11, just turn on CNN on Sunday, or, conversely, to hear the right wing spin, turn your channel to FOXNews, apparently more people are these days (even setting records)

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Every one of you Republicans in this thread know the difference in pay media like movies and cable and publicly owned broadcast media.

That's why you went ape when Moore was threatening to air F911 on election night via broadcast. It was stopped two ways, the distributor and RNC charges to the FEC. This is the same thing. If it were a video or book or movie you had to purchase, super.

It's not. It's a pre-emptive broadcast of network programming into homes of a political infomercial in an effort to salvage a failing re-election bid. It's the October Suprise.

Anyway, you guys and gals use your dollars and voices to boycott every little thing you don't like and scream bloody murder when the public airwaves show something partisan even when it's not an election and FEC rules apply, so you can't really complain on this one.

Just for fun, some facts about Sinclair's President in case you missed it the first time.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Pennsylvania)

August 17, 1996, Saturday, SOONER EDITION

David D. Smith, president and chief executive officer of Sinclair Broadcast Group, was arrested this week in his hometown of Baltimore and charged with a misdemeanor sex offense. Sinclair owns WPGH, the Fox affiliate in Pittsburgh, and programs most of WPTT.

The Baltimore Sun reported that Smith, 45, was arrested Tuesday night in an undercover sting at a downtown corner frequented by prostitutes.

On Thursday night, Sinclair issued a statement that Smith's arrest was unrelated to company business and ''The company will continue to operate under the direction of its current management.''

...more

Broadcasting official charged in sex stakeout
Sinclair president, woman arrested in company car

Published on: August 15, 1996
Edition: FINAL
Section: NEWS
Page: 2B
Byline: SUN STAFFPeter Hermann

The president of Baltimore-based Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc., which owns the local Fox television affiliate, was arrested Tuesday night and charged with committing a perverted sex act in a company-owned Mercedes, city police said.

David Deniston Smith, 45, of the 800 block of Hillstead Drive in Timonium, who also is Sinclair's chief executive, was arrested in an undercover sting at Read and St. Paul streets, a downtown corner frequented by prostitutes, Baltimore police said yesterday.

Smith and Mary DiPaulo, 31, were charged with committing unnatural and perverted sex act. Smith was held overnight at the Central Booking and Intake Center and released on personal recognizance at 2 p.m. yesterday. DiPaulo's bail status was not available.

Officials at WBFF-TV (Fox 45) and Sinclair, one of the fastest-growing broadcasting companies in the nation with 28 television and 34 radio stations, would not comment yesterday. The company had $126 million in sales in the first half of this year.

Police said undercover Officer Gary Bowman, on a prostitution detail, was talking to DiPaulo about 9: 15 p.m. in a car at St. Paul and Read streets. She left the undercover car after telling Bowman that ``she had just seen her regular date driving in the area,'' according to court documents.

Police said DiPaulo ran across the street to a 1992 Mercedes, registered to Sinclair, and got in on the passenger side. Police followed the car onto the Jones Falls Expressway, where they said they witnessed the two engage in oral sex while Smith drove north.

Police said they followed the car back to Read and St. Paul streets, where they arrested Smith and DiPaulo, who lives in the 700 block of Washington Blvd.

Those e-mails again?

Since local stations have been told by Sinclair they have no choice but to pre-empt programming and broadcast this FEC violation, here are the three who made the decision:

[email protected] (Mark Hyman, host)
[email protected] (David Smith, president)
[email protected] (Joe Defeo, news director)
Main telephone: 410.568.1500
Main Fax: 410.568.1533

But that will most likely yield nothing (but fun for you if you bring up hookers)
So contact mainstream media to get this talked about.

The foreknowledge of this effort will backfire it's intended purpose in the public arena. Doesn't matter if it gets shown anyway, if media covers it for what it is first.

Remind them. Often.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yea! Sent emails everywhere, trying to get others to join in. I love that, the Bushies when F9/11 is going to play on PAY PER VIEW. "Oh my Bush/God! We need to stop this! This is horrible." When whatever it is called is to be played on free tv all across the country, forced by the Sinclair group, what do the Bushies say? "It is fair, you guys get F9/11 if you want to spend 30$, we get Death to Kerry for free on a million different channels!."

Gee, it isn't whining Bushists, it is called hypocracy. You little whiners cry cause F9/11 is on PPV, then call dems whiners because they don't think it is fair for the Sinclair Group to play Death to Kerry or whatever it is called on normal tv when the same little whiners cried us a river for F9/11 being played on PPV. Here a hint, get your blinders off!

Apologize for the language, but this kind of hypocracy, makes the blood boil.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by James the Lesser]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join