It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large protest (riots?) in Anaheim (live video feed)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Anaheim riot streaming live!...
www.ustream.tv...

This is breaking right now! The Police just gave the order to disperse or they will start arresting everyone.

Update:

More video here : www.ustream.tv...
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

edit on 24-7-2012 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

Update 2 4th live stream: www.ustream.tv...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
They just gave a 3rd order to disperse and the crowd started throwing glass bottles at the cops.

The cops are firing pepper balls into the crowd.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Thats what happens when you shoot people that have already been apprehended and than dont let the emt get to him before he bled out.
edit on 24-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Anaheim protesters march in streets after clashing with police
July 24, 2012 | 7:50 pm

Protesters were marching through the streets of Anaheim on Tuesday evening after clashing with police outside City Hall as officials discussed two deadly police shootings that have rocked the city.

The marchers, including one wielding a stick and another who may have a rock in his hand, were moving south along Anaheim Boulevard toward Disneyland, according to live footage on CBS Channel 2.

Earlier, chaos broke out as bottles were thrown and police chased people on the streets and sidewalks near City Hall. Anaheim Boulevard between Broadway and Lincoln Avenue was closed off, and people shouted obscenities and threw objects such as orange traffic cones at police.

Sirens wailed as officers formed a skirmish line along Anaheim Boulevard. Officers from Tustin, Brea and Orange responded to a request for aid from the Anaheim Police Department. At least one person was arrested, police said.

The violence broke out as city officials met to discuss the slaying of Joel Mathew Acevedo, who was shot after he fired at an officer Sunday night. A day earlier, Manuel Angel Diaz was killed after running from police on Anaheim's east side.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

In Addition:

Hundreds protest over Calif. police shootings
AMY TAXIN, Associated Press, GILLIAN FLACCUS, Associated Press
Updated 08:11 p.m., Tuesday, July 24, 2012

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Anaheim city officials have agreed to ask the U.S. attorney's office to investigate recent police shootings.
www.sfgate.com...

edit on 7/24/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: second link

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Business is picking up. Watching the stream you can feel the tension.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Honestly, this is all disneys fault...

Awhile back Anaheim was having increasing crime rates so they dumped a ton of money on the cops...

They have been doing the whole gentrification thing there, trying to push out the poor.

Cops became increasingly hostile to minorities there, was talking to my cousin about this today.

He lives a few blocs from where this is going down.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Throwing orange traffic cones at the police. Wonder what's next?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is getting to close to home. When Cali blows up you all know what happens.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The have a circus train going through the protest area.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

From what I'm getting on local news, this all began at a Starbucks that got smashed up pretty good. Maybe this is what happens when to many espresso shots negate the effects of fluoride. IDK.
edit on 25-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Anything or did it go away? Close to home for me...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'll get excited when I see Karma work its magic.

Eye for an eye brother.
Eye for an eye.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
There were a lot of arrests.
They were shooting at media along with everyone else.

Shouldn't the FBI be involved since there were charges of cops trying to buy evidence of their wrongdoing? I thought the FBI had some jurisdiction to investigate in cases of charges like those.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Something should be done to get these corruppt cops outta here. It's been like this for way to long. I've been telling people I work with that Anaheim cops abuse their power. I've seen it first hand way to many times and even as a youth would get harassed by them, even though I've never had a criminal record.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I've only just heard about this today, but it seems Anonymous has recently announced #OpAnaheim

Greetings City of Anaheim - Greetings Citizens of the United States of America - Greetings People of the World: We are Anonymous --

In Anaheim, California police shot protesters and bystanders including kids who did nothing wrong. We, Anonymous - are calling yet again to the citizens of the United States of America and the world to rise up in unison and defeat a government which does not value its citizens lives nor their freedoms.

The safety of your families, your homes, and your future generations is in danger. The fate of the USA is in your hands. Do you wish to be oppressed further, or do you wish to obtain freedom and peace? The choice is yours.

To the police force in Anaheim, CA - we have witnessed your brutality and aggressive methods at stifling freedom of speech. We know about how you executed an unarmed man, shooting him in the back of the head while he was on his knees. We have witnessed you putting innocent women and children in danger, these actions are unforgivable.

From the killing of an unarmed man, to the brutality you have instituted upon the peaceful protesters and journalists; you now have the full attention of Anonymous. We will attack and deface your web sites, raid your data, blow up your phone lines with black faxes, bomb your E-Mail inboxes, dox your officers - and destroy anything else of yours on the internet we can find. We will also E-Mail this press release and attached video to no less than 10 million people in at least 50 countries around the world asking them to boycott Anaheim, California until all these brutal police are arrested, tried - and convicted of their various crimes against the people.

To the citizens of the world, we call upon you to show solidarity with the oppressed citizens of Anaheim, California - USA. Do NOT travel there or spend your tourist dollars in Anaheim, CA. Send copies of this press release to everyone in your address book. And join us online at irc.anonops.com #OpAnaheim and help us defeat this evil and illegitimate police force.

To the citizens of Anaheim, we are with you. Stand up to the police and do not accept their brutality any longer.

Keep taking to the streets. Anonymous will do everything in our power to help and protect you, the innocent from being brutalised under the repressive Anaheim police force.

Operation Anaheim, engaged.

We Are Anonymous

We Are Legion

We Do Not Forgive

We Do Not Forget

EXPECT US

If you know me on ATS, you'll know that I've been suggesting that it'll take an act of injustice to create the prefect storm. In most instances, an act of injustice is seen, a peaceful protest arises and the response to that protest by law enforcement is the deciding factor.

1. If the police act to placate the population then things return to normal. This happened in the case of Treyvon. Concessions were made, the man was arrested, calm returned.

2. If the police refuse to act to placate the public, the protest continues and it is either quashed through discussion or the people fade back to their daily lives.

3. If the police respond to that protest in a violent and oppressive fashion, further feelings of injustice develop and the chances of rioting and violence expanding are greatly increased. As happened in the LA riots, and the London riots.

The last scenario is now playing out in Anaheim.

Not only has the police department refused to answer the people or placate their own public in any way, they have now increased the sense of injustice by opening fire on protesters, including children, unleashing attack dogs, arresting and detaining people without cause...

We have seen several instances recently where the catalyst was moments away and the tinderbox was ready to ignite. But none of those instances have reached the final third level of increasing sense of injustice.

I think it's time to bring this thread back and follow this, because I very much doubt the police have managed to control this after opening fire. There is a real chance that this could lead to massive civil unrest and we all need to be paying attention to it.

Of course, the alternative is that all the people of Anaheim give up and go home - but given that Anon is now charging lazerz I think this is unlikely.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Anon has just released the DoX of Police Chief John Welter

DoX

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It just keeps getting better...

The offices of ANSWER (a community group enabling protest against austerity cuts, racial profiling, police violence and corruption) were coincidentally robbed on Monday 23rd after protests against police brutality where their presence was not subtle.

But get this, it wasn't just the computer equipment that was stolen. Whoever it was (hmm I wonder...) also stole sound equipment and bullhorns, and went through filing cabinets of documents.

We've had Anon announce an operation and they have already started DoX'ing the police. There are now solidarity protests being planned across the US against police brutality.

On Saturday July 28 protesters are planning a mass rally at the Downey police headquarters.

Once again, I really think it's important to stay with this story. From what I've seen these people have every right to be enraged. The police shot a kid in the back of the head while he was on the floor with his hands cuffed behind his back... He was executed.

I don't give a damn what evidence they had. They are not judges, juries and executioners. They do not decide who is innocent or guilty or what the punishment should be.

This is insane, and these "officers" should be in cells awaiting trial for murder.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here is a video from the protest last night.. check out the chick who gets rubber bullets to the back of both her legs!! This is is getting crazy down there in Anaheim city!

Via, InformationLiberation.com

In response to both the killing an unarmed young man this past weekend and subsequent police brutality against protesters, hundreds of demonstrators converged in from of Anaheim City Hall yesterday, and cops once again responded violently, blanketing residents and reporters with a barrage of pepper balls and bean bag rounds as unrest in the city continues to grow.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
" the land of the free, and the home of the brave"

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think we need to paying attention to Anaheim this weekend as more protests are planned. The police are already preparing for it, and I have no doubt they will be using their agents in the crowd to stir up trouble.

I'll be checking back in later, I'm assuming there will probably be live feeds from news choppers and from independents on the ground too.

It's worth keeping up to date on this if you have any opinions about civil unrest - the police have shown they are not going to give even a little. They have not apologized for opening fire on women and children, they have refused to comment against the accusation that their officers tried to buy evidence of their actions, and they are preparing for violence again right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join