It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got An Idea For A Thread, but Not Sure Where It Goes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I've been playing around with Universe Sandbox, and wanted to post some of my results and musings from it.

It's not a "Nibiru" thread (I can hear the "oh thank gods", heheh). It more of a "What If?" questions that I asked, and this program answered. Things like: What if the sun had the same aspects as Sirius? What would happen?

So I was thinking Skunk Works, but it's not really highly speculative as it's bases on real science and physics. Then I thought Grey Matter, but it's not a personal story......
There is Space Exploration, but this is just me playing around with a program, and not something from NASA, ESA, JPL, or some university.

So where should I put my thread? Suggestions?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Fragile Earth, maybe? (Here) That's assuming that the point is how the Earth would be different if the sun was.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
That's not a bad idea (considering the surface temp of the Earth will go up to 260 deg C).

But I also will be going into how to move the Earth (wild idea, I know, but it's from a science fiction author I read a long time ago, his idea, not mine, but using the sandbox....I got it to work!), so it's got planetary elements in it too.

Any other suggestions? It's late here, after midnight, so I'm off to bed for now.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
That's not a bad idea (considering the surface temp of the Earth will go up to 260 deg C).

But I also will be going into how to move the Earth (wild idea, I know, but it's from a science fiction author I read a long time ago, his idea, not mine, but using the sandbox....I got it to work!), so it's got planetary elements in it too.

Any other suggestions? It's late here, after midnight, so I'm off to bed for now.

Hmm... well, I'll be super interested to see your thread, I can say that

Still saying Fragile Earth (as your claims might be applied as practical solutions to global climate change) but if it swings too far into speculation, you're moving closer to Skunk Works, I think.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I'd also suggest Space Exploration, Fragile Earth or Skunk Works.

(Nothing wrong with Skunk Works for some reason I don't get it has a bad rep, but it's not a bad place. It's the perfect place to think out of the box and run with a theory. And it doesn't need to be "highly" speculative.)

top topics

join