It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kucinich's Spirited Speech During the Audit the Fed Debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This was Ohio's Representative Dennis Kucinich speaking up for the folks this afternoon..

I thought it was the most spirited moment during the debate..

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
History will remember men like Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich as constitutional warriors.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
History will remember men like Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich as constitutional warriors.

Imagine Ron Paul as president and Kucinich as vice. *orgasm*

OP do you know where I might be able to watch this whole debate? Unfortunately I missed it and I would like to watch the whole thing. How long was the whole debate btw?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
While I've never agreed with Kucinich about everything I've always respected him because he doesn't pretend to be anything he's not just for the sake of winning an election...

He's one of two people I've actually donated to in all of my life because of that fact... the other of course being Ron Paul...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

www.c-spanvideo.org...

Think it starts about 40 minutes into the video...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
A companion release by the Congressman can be found here:

www.enewspf.com

...“The House of Representatives is considering H.R. 459, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act. H.R. 459 would enable the Government Accountability Office (G.A.O.) to conduct a full audit of the Federal Reserve, something it cannot do under existing law. Finally, after trillions of dollars, secret deals and Wall Street bailouts – a thorough audit.

“Recent events remind us how important monetary policy is to our economy. The ever-deepening scandal involving the fraudulent manipulation of the London Interbank Offered Rate (“LIBOR”) reminds us that the international financial system is cloaked in shadow for the benefit of the banks, at the expense of the people. Remember, it took a lawsuit by Bloomberg News to force the Fed to reveal that it had created more than $7 trillion to rescue the banks during the financial crisis....

edit on Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:21:03 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It's a shame - Republican redistricting in Dennis Kucinich's home state has eliminated his seat in Congress - and just like that, Mr. Kucinich will no longer represent Ohio (or anyone) after this term ends.

There are precious few "constitutional warriors" and defenders of the average American like Dennis Kucinich in Congress. Once he and Ron Paul go ......

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Didnt i hear something about them redistricting Texas and doing the same thing to Paul if he decided to go back after the election cycle?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

The shame is.. that despite an expected passage of this bill in the house, the Dem controlled Senate isn't expected to bring it to the floor.

Audit the Fed bill set for House vote

Even with broad bipartisan support in the House, aides said the bill is unlikely to be considered in the Democratic-controlled Senate.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Spurred on by the news that the Senate is projected to table this bill, I spent about 20 minutes (a lifetime for us hillbillies
) , penning an email to an outgoing Senator from my state, asking him to at least try and get the Senate to bring it to the floor for an open debate before the citizens of the nation..

Finished it up, hit send, and within a few minutes.....

Received an electronic form letter thanking me for my query and directing me to the Senator's webpage.

It's either laugh or cry.. so I choose to

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Kucinich is the only local politician I ever really liked. He is getting kicked out because of redistricting which is a HUGE SCAM.

How can you lump all of that together? REPUBLICAN GARBAGE OHIO LEGISLATORS. Toledo and Cleveland are two entirely different cities separated by a GIGANTIC AMOUNT OF LAND. Please all do something to get yourself impeached.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Spurred on by the news that the Senate is projected to table this bill, I spent about 20 minutes (a lifetime for us hillbillies
) , penning an email to an outgoing Senator from my state, asking him to at least try and get the Senate to bring it to the floor for an open debate before the citizens of the nation..

Finished it up, hit send, and within a few minutes.....

Received an electronic form letter thanking me for my query and directing me to the Senator's webpage.

It's either laugh or cry.. so I choose to

At least you took action.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It is almost inconceivable that after the financial crisis that the fed WASNT audited. What on earth could they be thinking?

It's like declaring bankruptcy and when the IRS shows up you tell them not to look behind a small curtain.

even though they know you have this

behind it

It is simply insane not to. Why wouldn't you after the utter mess the world is in because of institutions just like the FED. I would go one step further and say we audit the IMF globally and not by the UN. An independent committee to see what role they played in all this and to what extent they knew and made known their understanding of why the world is now in trauma.

If they at any point knew and did not sound any alarms then they are the fire starters as well, not just the FED.

Actually this is a string connected to an infinite number of sources. The root is actually a world entity that needs classification and appropriate measures taken to dismantle. Just like the FBI was set up to combat a new type of organized crime, we need a new agency to monitor crime amongst politicians and all financial firms and agencies.

That is the reality and we all know it. This is just a show. If they wanted to they would have done something BEFORE things got out of hand. Nothing is being done except raising debt ceilings and greater loans of public money to private entities( careless pirates) Instead of looking for bad apples we should look for the good ones I fear are only a handful in an ocean of corruption and malice. Let's start from there.

edit on 25-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It passed the House

House passes bill increasing scrutiny over Fed

The House voted Wednesday to give Congress greater scrutiny over the monetary policy decisions of the Federal Reserve, approving legislation sponsored by longtime Fed nemesis Rep. Ron Paul.
The 76-year-old Texas Republican, who is retiring at end of this session, has made a career of trying to do away with the Fed, which he blames for the growth of government and the rising federal deficit. Failing to accomplish that, he has pushed to make the independent central bank's operations more transparent.
"I know when people talk about independence and having this privacy of the central bank, it means they want secrecy, and secrecy is not good," Paul said.

Time to light a fire under those in the Senate.. The folks deserve at least an open floor debate in the Senate so we know where they stand, tabling it provides deniability..

House voted 327-98 Who are the 98?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is a letter I just sent to my districts representative:

Mr Butterfield,

It is beyond belief that you would even consider voting against the Audit the Fed bill. There is no reason why we as constituents should not know the inner workings of how and where our money is being distributed, and why it is even being printed in the first place with little to no oversight. There is no reason why our great country should be loaning money out to foreign nations in secret while the Federal Reserve gets to reap the profits and benefits of such an act, meanwhile devaluing our precious and hard earned money by simply fabricating more. I am highly disappointed in your actions and rest assured I will be voting against you and any other representative responsible for such a treasonous act. In fact I will spread the word far and wide what you and your fellow Nay voters (David Price, Heath Shuler, Mel Watt, & Brad Miller) have done to this country, and our great state. It matters not what your achievements have been thus far, Audit the Fed will be the one thing that has the most potential to get this country turned around economically. Dont you see how if our dollar stops being devauled behind our backs we will be able to have more purchasing power, and thus spend more money, creating more jobs, and a stabler economy? I am a 25 year old business owner, and manager of 3 other companies, and I was able to figure this out. You should have much more knowledge than i do on this topic. It is also ridiculous that you and your fellow democrats would even speak about politicizing the federal reserve and protecting its independence. Congress is the ONLY legal entity granted the powers to issue money on behalf of the United States as enumerated by the Constitution and set forth by our founding fathers, in fact they were vehemently against a 'central bank'. As it stands, you can count on me as a lost vote, and with my influence in this particular area, I will be making sure you no longer represent this district as much as my ability may allow.

Sincerely yours,

phishfriar47

(^i didnt actually sign the letter with my ATS screen name, but you get the idea)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Star and Flag, thank you for bringing this to us. Thank you Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich. The time of the Federal Reserve running everything is just about over.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
People need to get behind this bill now more than ever. Harry Reid has already vowed not to allow a vote on this bill in the Senate.

Good for Dennis though. I love it when our Politicians get mad, unfortunately it is always the same people. The on Paul's, the Kucinich's .... we need to get more good people into positions of power and it starts at the local levels of Government. Get involved!!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
At 1:10 or so, there is an odd 'glitch'

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Amazing though, all the people that claim that Ron Paul's extreme reading of the constitution, all of those people seem to like Dennis, even though his reading of the Constitution is radically different to Paul's.

I like Kucinich, a lot, but think he's radically different to Paul, who I don't like.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Imagine Ron Paul as president and Kucinich as vice.

Now you're talkin'.

Unfortunately... that's... not... what... TBTB... have planned.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join