It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A storm is coming: Spratly Islands dispute escalates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by puzzled2

Didn't China supply the chips to run all the US war machines?
All? wow..how do you generalize so easily?

Also another way to stop the War machine of the USA would surely be to say " Pay your Bill yankee".
Not able to do that are you.
Or the Yank can say...what bill? I dont know what you're talking about

I doubt very much that the USA would survive without China's supplies, So are you all really advocating shooting the hand that feeds you?
What supplies? Dog doodoo?

If you wanted to prove the USA can survive, try it for just 1 month buy nothing from China and use nothing made in China. If you can't do it why do you think the other 320 million of you would do it.
Well...they did before the whole 'made in china' fever started to flood not just the US but international markets too...have you ever checked the market in your own country? (Wherever you reside).

Good luck
Diddo

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tramadolnights
The US has no right to involve itself in this dispute. If it chooses to, it should be decimated without mercy.
You're definitely not from China nor from Russia. Hunch tells me that you're a neighbor
Eitherway...wishful thinking and dream on

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere

The US has no right to involve itself in this dispute. If it chooses to, it should be decimated without mercy.

Im so glad you think so....but in reality, the US could wipe China's butt in a navy fight chief. Theres no 2 other countries combined in the world that can match her. And thats the reality of it

I attribute this comment of yours to wishful thinking....

NTA: I don't even think China has the moxy to anger the US politicos as usually the military follows...and China does indeed fear the US military as it should.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

It will be funny to watch your huge carriers sink. You do know china can do that now, right? Once they are gone, skies are clear to bomb the rest of your fleet into hell and strafe the survivors. Will be funny watching the US go up against China and Russia. I cannot wait.
Really? Gee...never thought about it by the US military. Thanks for pointing out the possible outcome scenario

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Tramadolnights

You yanks are so arrogant it is actually disgusting, that's why it is always a pleasure to watch you get a slapping, be it from people or nature.
Ok. I would guess a possible islamic national from UK
ok..move on. I guess I should stop feeding the trolls

edit on 25-7-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

Another foreigner who wants to see us burn eh?
Yep...my guess is probably someone from the otherside of the pond..possibly from UK...possibly islamic by heritage
Prolly just a troll.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

Um you do realize that the US is way more advanced in tech military wise than China right?

Were way more advanced ...until the Mudahijeen sold the Chinois that F117 that crashed in the Bosnian War ...and until Lockheed-Martin let Politburo sanctioned hackers sit in on technical online symposiums (for months!) for their JSF program ...and until the US' "best buddies", Pakistan, let Chinese spies in to rummage through the wreckage of that Bin Laden stealth helo, whose self-destruct so opportunely failed (Made In China?) ...and until Iran passed that captured "highly sensitive" stealth glider (that Barack almost invaded them for) over to their Red brethren... (et al).

It's amazing how the simple present and past tense of a verb can change the entire complextion of a discussion, isn't it? The wonders of linguistics!

---

With what weapons will China perform these miracle acts? They are at sea trials now with their 1st carrier. Substandard aircraft and pilots guarantee our air dominance.

I, too, would like to look at 'US military dominance' through post WWII-coloured glasses. But, this is 2012, and reality dictates that the technological gap has closed considerably and is much more easily bridged than it was when German and Jew scientists were fleeing Europe.

The fact of the matter is, the US (and the West) has been distracted with corralling old skool fossil fuels in Middle-East desert shít-holes (and making many a fanatical friend in the process) and, as a result, has let the horse bolt on China. How else would they have let the single most important (unsubstitutable!) constituent of anything 'military' that matters today - Rare Earth Elements - slip through their crude oily fingers?

The Chinese control around 95% of the production of this stuff today and, although only 25% of the know deposits of REE are under Chinese land, sourcing and processing these ores aren't an overnight proposition ...and entail some nasty 'isotopic' side effects to boot! They're in fact manipulating the world markets as - we - speak. Just yesterday it was reported that the WTO have been petitioned (by the US, Japan and others) to "investigate" China's dubious REE dealings. Of course, a fat lot of good that will do when for the past three decades they've been manipulating their very currency to play no small part in getting them to where they are today!

See, speaking doodie is kind of easy. But, buttressing the smelly, hot air with more than barechested bravado is something else entirely. 'Big guns' won't win tomorrow's wars. But, big brains might.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Sablicious because: moar

edit on 25-7-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)
Nice redigression of events that happens with many military equipments out of several that are in the arsenal (yes...even chinese and ruskies have equipment failure and/or sabotage). However something tells me you're only stirring the pot
I smell troll.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Another foreigner who wants to see us burn eh?

Listen to yourself!

Is it any wonder the US gets involved in so many costly and pointless wars when they think a) everyone else is the enemy b) they can do whatever they want but woe betide anyone else who does not bow down before the imperial might of the rednecks and c) they are better in every way and at everything than anyone else

You just don't learn do you ....

(Not that I am in any way condoning China's actions here - it's just that they are bigger than America and can sometimes do what America does, at least as well)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Im so glad you think so....but in reality, the US could wipe China's butt in a navy fight chief. Theres no 2 other countries combined in the world that can match her. And thats the reality of it

I attribute this comment of yours to wishful thinking....

NTA: I don't even think China has the moxy to anger the US politicos as usually the military follows...and China does indeed fear the US military as it should.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

I think you are quite correct. China does not have the blue water capability to defeat the USN nor the capability for power projection ashore or amphibious landing capability. USN could stop an invasion or seaborne battle. China's strength is in the land army. Once PRA forces get there, there is hell to pay, but the problem is getting them there and resupplying them.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

I was replying to a revisionist military assessment of our capabilities.We could do far more damage than we have,we are restrained. These are facts.
I wasn't commenting on warfare itself nor my government.I personally see war is becoming obsolete as long as people are able to talk and my disagreement with our leadership is a separate issue.
Britain's fate will be ours,arrogant as we are. China has a tiny footprint outside of her borders militarily.Her troops are essentially untried. They don't adapt well because no command from the rear military does.They would be quite a handful......inside China.
edit on 25-7-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Fair enough

Although China has the advantage of not having half the population protesting in the street if a dozen of their soldiers get shot fighting in a war
They can lose a million troops and not even worry .....

Not that a think a war between the US and China is any more likely than Nibiru appearing in the skies above London during the Olympic games! Both countries are too big and too reliant on trade between one another.

edit on 25-7-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

great now your country will be obliterated by the tidal forces from a rogue planetoid.
Never ask what else can go wrong....something answers.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Nice redigression of events that happens with many military equipments out of several that are in the arsenal (yes...even chinese and ruskies have equipment failure and/or sabotage). However something tells me you're only stirring the pot
I smell troll.

From what I understand of the definition of the 'Gen Bieber' neologism "troll", those the term connotes generally do not forward paragraphs of facts to buttress their points.

Just sayin'...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

Originally posted by hp1229Nice redigression of events that happens with many military equipments out of several that are in the arsenal (yes...even chinese and ruskies have equipment failure and/or sabotage). However something tells me you're only stirring the pot
I smell troll.

From what I understand of the definition of the 'Gen Bieber' neologism "troll", those the term connotes generally do not forward paragraphs of facts to buttress their points.
Just sayin'...

Ok then present all the facts of 'equipment failures' from the military along with the vast lineup of equipments
Do not blow things out of proportion because of a few that too selectively focusing on a single military

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I don't think the technological gaps are as important as everyone thinks..

In the vietnam war, while the US had far superior planes to the NVA, the NVA still managed to down a lot of US air craft, disproportionately more that the US downed NVA aircraft..

en.wikipedia.org...:North_Vietnamese_Vietnam_War_flying_aces

Alot of it is about moral and the ability to sustain large losses.
The US is long into an economic depression and is tired of war, its soldiers are underpaid and ilequipped. It soldier's question the motives of its government.

China's forces have are not only large in number but are also fiercely nationalistic.

China's fighters are not as good as the USA's. However, they can produce them in large quantities quickly and can train limitless amounts of pilots. THeir planes will have their advantages and disadvantages, and a good general could win the air war with the right tactics. Remember - the Chinese dominate the ground in Asia, they can have numerous air strips where the US would be largely dependent on carriers and a few scattered air strips, then long range missions from australia.

I don't want to sound like a china lover, I just want to dismiss the fallacy that technology can win a war alone.

If nukes come into play things could be different.. not only #ty.

In an article in the Epochtimes (hmm semi credible / semi 'renound for making # up) claimed that a Chinese General (or admiral?) gave a speech where he spoke of a coming conflict, and that China could sustain the loos of 500 000000 (500 million! it was something like this maybe 300 mil) people whereis the USA could not.
In that article he is talking about a speech that was published by the same paper I can't find it. It is true though, if there was a nuclear war, it could be possible that with the strong nationalism, China could pull itself through, where after sustaining huge civillian casualties the USA may surrender and even collapse as a state. China may deal with the ill effects of radiation posioning for years to come, but they will of won.. and if their state is still existing could easily rule the world. .

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
www.discoveringislam.org...

That is full speech, original source was EpochTimes who aquired it from some kind of shady insider.

For those interested, EpochTimes is a Falun Gong sponsored news paper who is anti-chinese..
The falun Gong are a persectued religion in China, you may see protesters if u live in a major city. Chinese freinds of mine have doubted the veracity of the epoch times.. So make of that link what you will.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join