It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A storm is coming: Spratly Islands dispute escalates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

China slammed over sea garrison plan
Vietnam and Philippines say plan to station troops in disputed island in South China Sea "violates international law".

LINK

Seems the opening gambit has been played.

So, what will the US do now? Wait for that TPP (Tran-Pacific Partnership) ploy to pressure China? Methinks it will be too late by then; if it isn't already so. Do the US even have the clout any longer to pressure a country like China into playing fair? Remember: they're communists. Commies don't play by any 'rules' but their own. It's the very nature of the political ideology.

Whatever happens, this region is almost certainly where any possible 'WWIII' will flare from.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Nah the US will give up the Phillippines here look

China is looking more and more like Nazi Germany every day. Right now, it's beginning to look like the Philippines will be China's first military target, though obviously that could change. Would a Chinese invasion of the Philippines trigger a military response from America? It's hard to say, but it's quite possible that an appeasement strategy would be used. But if that strategy were used, it would be used only once. A Chinese attack on Taiwan or Japan would come soon after that, and then America would be forced into a full scale crisis war, whether it wanted it or not.

www.breitbart.com...

Basically the USA will give up the Phillippines but they will declare war once Japan and Taiwan was attacked. So Phillippines is screwed.

edit on 24-7-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The common sense invasion for China would be Taiwan.

Due to the rape of Nanking it might happen to Japan too,
under the guise of saving them from the radiation.

The Spratly islands may end up getting ugly, but based
on distances I see them as closer to the PI and Malaysia,
heck even Vietnam.

In the end thou all of Asia will become the Asian union, and
with things ASEAN it is already well on its way.

ASEAN

The one world government has been consolidating for many years now.

China can just do a false flag like the Gulf of Tonkin and get the justification
they need while making the fake aggressor look like the bad guy, just
like the US did with Vietnam.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

The USA will not intervene right? I mean the common belief is that the USN Fleet would attack China if China would ever pull a stunt like that

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The Philipines have treatys with the US i believe, as declaration of war on the Piipines by China would brinmg the pacific fleet on the run...with ICBMs to back it up....NO way would the US or Australia fail to respond......

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

The only nation in the last 20 years who has been invading other countries is America, i doubt that China would do that.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

The only nation in the last 20 years who has been invading other countries is America, i doubt that China would do that.
Here you go again. Time to get to work I see (type anti US rhetorics)

Ofcourse someone is going to ask for military help and ofcourse the US just might do it as it is a profitable industry. They didn't ask for the conflict remember? Its the other parties involved in the region that are to be blamed.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

The USA will not intervene right? I mean the common belief is that the USN Fleet would attack China if China would ever pull a stunt like that

I do not see the US going against China, if China can kill its own ppl in Tienanmen,
they sure as hell are not going to care about Eurolands rent-a-cops for the NWO.

That is what the US basically is, the military arm of the NWO and alot of the old
money controlling it is based in the EU.

Rockefellers call China the model society, I don't think they want it nuked.

The US on the other hand has been undergoing an epic demonization campaign and
is hated by most nations around the world, and a lot of it is justifiable.

John Perkins explained how the US is next for the globalists to economically rape it,
and it looks like they ran amok a bit more than that even.

At this point I think the US will stay out of it if Taiwan falls, or Spratly, Japan may
be entirely another matter though.

I don't have a good answer why, but if Japan is attacked I think we will fight.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

They'd need a false flag like the US did with the Gulf of Tonkin.

That is the trick that was used then, and was a failure with the USS Liberty.

Operation Northwoods also got exposed.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The US has no right to involve itself in this dispute. If it chooses to, it should be decimated without mercy.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tramadolnights
The US has no right to involve itself in this dispute. If it chooses to, it should be decimated without mercy.

Im so glad you think so....but in reality, the US could wipe China's butt in a navy fight chief. Theres no 2 other countries combined in the world that can match her. And thats the reality of it

I attribute this comment of yours to wishful thinking....

NTA: I don't even think China has the moxy to anger the US politicos as usually the military follows...and China does indeed fear the US military as it should.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere

Originally posted by Tramadolnights

Im so glad you think so....but in reality, the US could wipe China's butt in a navy fight chief. Theres no 2 other countries combined in the world that can match her. And thats the reality of it

I attribute this comment of yours to wishful thinking....

NTA: I don't even think China has the moxy to anger the US politicos as usually the military follows...and China does indeed fear the US military as it should.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

It will be funny to watch your huge carriers sink. You do know china can do that now, right? Once they are gone, skies are clear to bomb the rest of your fleet into hell and strafe the survivors. Will be funny watching the US go up against China and Russia. I cannot wait.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tramadolnights

Im sorry I snorted a cheeto......I was laughing at your post.....

Um you do realize that the US is way more advanced in tech military wise than China right? They're behind the US by a few decades in this regard. They are outfitting the new carriers with lasers/rail guns/ and microwave weaponry.

China is shooting blind in this regard. Yes they have missles, but what good are they when a soldier 3000 miles away can take em out from the comfort of his boxer shorts flying a drone from his couch like its a X Box game?

Those big slow carriers can pulverize from many many miles out before any Chinese warship even has line of sight off in the distant horizen.

Then theres the satallites in orbit that people arent supposed to know about......

It is clear you have no grasp on US surface fleet capability...thats ok...the Chinese do.....thats why they wont start anything unless they weely weely mean it. Even then, they better bring a lunch.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Just a little thought in the back of my mind.

Didn't China supply the chips to run all the US war machines?
would it be easy to program them not to hit China or even just turn off when received the right code?

So anything Electronic could be hosed if China wanted too. Byebye radar and defensive shields

Also another way to stop the War machine of the USA would surely be to say " Pay your Bill yankee".
Not able to do that are you.

I doubt very much that the USA would survive without China's supplies,
So are you all really advocating shooting the hand that feeds you?

If you wanted to prove the USA can survive, try it for just 1 month buy nothing from China and use nothing made in China. If you can't do it why do you think the other 320 million of you would do it.

Good luck

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Im sorry I snorted a cheeto......I was laughing at your post.....

Um you do realize that the US is way more advanced in tech military wise than China right? They're behind the US by a few decades in this regard. They are outfitting the new carriers with lasers/rail guns/ and microwave weaponry.

China is shooting blind in this regard. Yes they have missles, but what good are they when a soldier 3000 miles away can take em out from the comfort of his boxer shorts flying a drone from his couch like its a X Box game?

Those big slow carriers can pulverize from many many miles out before any Chinese warship even has line of sight off in the distant horizen.

Then theres the satallites in orbit that people arent supposed to know about......

It is clear you have no grasp on US surface fleet capability...thats ok...the Chinese do.....thats why they wont start anything unless they weely weely mean it. Even then, they better bring a lunch.

I did that once, I remember that day well. 11th September 2001. Never laughed so hard since.

As for all your capabilities? All lovely but it didn't stop a DIESEL submarine sneaking up on one of your oh so advanced carriers did it? lol.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Your drones? We know Iran can take them down, if Iran can do that, think of what China can do. Since they already have planes that compete with your most advanced fighter jets, I should think anything you have will be nothing. Especially as they make all the chips in them.

You yanks are so arrogant it is actually disgusting, that's why it is always a pleasure to watch you get a slapping, be it from people or nature.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
The common sense invasion for China would be Taiwan.

Due to the rape of Nanking it might happen to Japan too,
under the guise of saving them from the radiation.

The Spratly islands may end up getting ugly, but based
on distances I see them as closer to the PI and Malaysia,
heck even Vietnam.

In the end thou all of Asia will become the Asian union, and
with things ASEAN it is already well on its way.

ASEAN

The one world government has been consolidating for many years now.

China can just do a false flag like the Gulf of Tonkin and get the justification
they need while making the fake aggressor look like the bad guy, just
like the US did with Vietnam.

China doesn't need to invade Taiwan, and neither will it happen. As China's standard of living rises, it will be more desirable for the Taiwanese to integrate back with China. They speak the same language, share the same culture. If Taiwan wasn't an island, it would clearly be part of China, This is a Chinese domestic issue, as far as I am concerned.

Japan has been investing in China since the end of the Pacific war. I doubt that they would, even if they could, invade Japan. Ludicrous idea.

Asia is a continent, with too many distinct cultures and languages, and it will never be like Europe.

ASEAN is definitely not part of the one world government. In fact, they are very adamant about the "Asian Way'. It not a security alliance.

However, I do believe that there is the potential for a proxy war involving the Philippines.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Who said I was a yank? Now your just being insulting.....Im Chinese LOL

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

When it comes down to it, Yes china has some toys.....but they're made in china so they break easy.

And China doesn't really have a good range on their nukes...sure they can hit Europe....maybe even the west coast US. But the US has nukes in every flavor, and really honcho the US subs would really have no match with china's diesels. Just because one pops up when you least expect it. doesn't mean much when they are really lookin for ya.

Now let me here you say America bad bubba chomp.

Honestly I want you to think where the world would be if America had not become a country, and all of that tech the world enjoys because of it.

You may not like America, but America is the only thing keepin the monkeys off the backs of many. I don't like American politics, but I'd rather have that then commie stew and a AK pointed at my neck for farting in public.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Another foreigner who wants to see us burn eh?
With what weapons will China perform these miracle acts? They are at sea trials now with their 1st carrier. Substandard aircraft and pilots guarantee our air dominance. Maybe they can kamikaze. `As to your joy of our failure,it will be ours to do to ourselves,apparently you, where ever you are from nor anyone else are sufficient combatants to accomplish this "hope" of yours. As to being pleased, my people are dying as we speak,so naturally I am reluctant to accredit you with wisdom or intelligence to debate the Spratly Islands without gushing over your fictitious military assessments,thus hijacking the thread.

We have yet to cut loose on anyone since WWII everything has be a LIMITED or LOW INTENSITY conflict.All of you are afraid of what happens when the gloves come off.
China has some idea as we kicked their superior numbered butts back across the Yalu once,in a police action.
Hostages make crappy warriors.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Um you do realize that the US is way more advanced in tech military wise than China right?

Were way more advanced ...until the Mudahijeen sold the Chinois that F117 that crashed in the Bosnian War ...and until Lockheed-Martin let Politburo sanctioned hackers sit in on technical online symposiums (for months!) for their JSF program ...and until the US' "best buddies", Pakistan, let Chinese spies in to rummage through the wreckage of that Bin Laden stealth helo, whose self-destruct so opportunely failed (Made In China?) ...and until Iran passed that captured "highly sensitive" stealth glider (that Barack almost invaded them for) over to their Red brethren... (et al).

It's amazing how the simple present and past tense of a verb can change the entire complextion of a discussion, isn't it? The wonders of linguistics!

---

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
With what weapons will China perform these miracle acts? They are at sea trials now with their 1st carrier. Substandard aircraft and pilots guarantee our air dominance.

I, too, would like to look at 'US military dominance' through post WWII-coloured glasses. But, this is 2012, and reality dictates that the technological gap has closed considerably and is much more easily bridged than it was when German and Jew scientists were fleeing Europe.

The fact of the matter is, the US (and the West) has been distracted with corralling old skool fossil fuels in Middle-East desert shít-holes (and making many a fanatical friend in the process) and, as a result, has let the horse bolt on China. How else would they have let the single most important (unsubstitutable!) constituent of anything 'military' that matters today - Rare Earth Elements - slip through their crude oily fingers?

The Chinese control around 95% of the production of this stuff today and, although only 25% of the know deposits of REE are under Chinese land, sourcing and processing these ores aren't an overnight proposition ...and entail some nasty 'isotopic' side effects to boot! They're in fact manipulating the world markets as - we - speak. Just yesterday it was reported that the WTO have been petitioned (by the US, Japan and others) to "investigate" China's dubious REE dealings. Of course, a fat lot of good that will do when for the past three decades they've been manipulating their very currency to play no small part in getting them to where they are today!

See, speaking doodie is kind of easy. But, buttressing the smelly, hot air with more than barechested bravado is something else entirely. 'Big guns' won't win tomorrow's wars. But, big brains might.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Sablicious because: moar

edit on 25-7-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join