It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second date advice please?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by phroziac

God sakes don't show her the hand guns...

Absolutely right!!!! Bust out the AR-15 and AK right off the bat!

Edit: If you have any exotic or tax stamped firearms be sure to bring those too!
edit on 24-7-2012 by Thescripter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
She said to surprise her, not "whatever you want".

Translation: your 2nd date is a test of how much you learned about her on the 1st one.

What does she like, what has she missed, what does she wish she were doing now etc.

The more the 2nd date ties to things you learned about her on the 1st one (or you can make like it does) - the better your chances of passing .. then onto #3.

Good luck!
edit on 25-7-2012 by AtlasShrugging because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

That's awesome, I'm really glad you have a date, dude. Definitely be yourself, it will drive away all the girls that would annoy you to no end if you were in a relationship with them. I've had a lot of dates recently, and what I usually end up doing is talking, it can go a long way, try asking each other questions, maybe get a feel for things you have in common that you could do together in the future.

For example, I'm currently seeing a gamer girl.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thescripter

Originally posted by Akragon

God sakes don't show her the hand guns...

Absolutely right!!!! Bust out the AR-15 and AK right off the bat!

Edit: If you have any exotic or tax stamped firearms be sure to bring those too!
edit on 24-7-2012 by Thescripter because: (no reason given)

Hahaha, i showed her a pic of my ar15 before i even met her. Whats the point in dating a girl thats going to flip out when she sees i have a mosin hanging over my bedroom door and a 12 gauge and ar leaned up against my bed and a dresser full of handguns? Hahaha.... Will have to introduce all that crap slowly. I dont wanna date s gun control advocate!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

See! You know more than you thought. Smart.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtlasShrugging

Translation: your 2nd date is a test of how much you learned about her on the 1st one.

What does she like, what has she missed, what does she wish she were doing now etc.

The more the 2nd date ties to things you learned about her on the 1st one (or you can make like it does) - the better your chances of passing .. then onto #3.

Good luck!

Ding, ding, ding...

OP - you said you've been communicating with her for a month or so before you finally met, you must know something about what she likes to do. Asking for suggestions without giving us some parameters isn't going to help ya out much, Lol... We could all be way off base... As an example, I think that going out to dinner is a lot of pressure at first and I would hate going to a movie. I would prefer doing something active/adventurous/physical and in the outdoors if the weather is nice.

So, help us help you - narrow the field for us and you might get some ideas that you like...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

take her to a ghost town....
dont take any shovels though, she may get the wrong idea.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Go carts.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

1. Make sure she is a girl, not married, not mad.

2. Have fun and go with the flow.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Love the responses guys. Hey i work in gary, does that count as a ghost town? lol. and i always keep some lime, ducttape, and a shovel in my trunk. i thought thats what taking it slow was all about? lol.

I think i basically have this figured out. thanks....

I hope shw isnt an ats member and reading this. lol. but she is starting to sound like a wild one waiting to be set loose. And shes been contacting me about ten times as much as usual now....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Good luck!

Took the words from my mouth. That's the best advice that you are going to get. If you haven't been paying attention, start. It isn't too late.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Good luck!

Took the words from my mouth. That's the best advice that you are going to get. If you haven't been paying attention, start. It isn't too late.

Yeah, that post clicked a lightbulb for me when i read it too...may have forgot to reply to it.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You are asking a bunch of intelligent nerds what to do? Whatever is said do the opposite and you might be alright.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Congrats on a second date! As a girl, I would not want to go and see a movie... To me that's more of a "later on in the relationship date" when you 2 know each other a little betterso it doesn't feel awkward not to talk. I'd personally rather a one on one date during the day. Maybe a walk and talk at a park or even going to get lunch at a cafe and have a nice conversation. good luck dude!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's that time of year...County Fair! Everything you need. Concerts, carnies, really good food, and booths.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5
It's that time of year...County Fair! Everything you need. Concerts, carnies, really good food, and booths.

Man we got a few weeks before the fair here

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So the second date never happened. Infact the entire thing was apparently a conspiracy. A couple of hours ago i asked the girl to delete my number and not contact me in the future. Im sick of these adult women who act like little girls. I feel like i should never date, like there is no woman on the planet compatible with me. but i just wanna cry everytime i feel this way. i want a companion, a partner in crime, and a cuddle buddy.....a girl who actually wants me for me. meh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join