It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Club knew better than our government

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by schuyler

A private group was far better able to asses the individual and the situation and do the right thing.

What other group would be permited to asses the individual as the gun lobby has sucessfully lobbied to prohibit background checks in the majority of the states?

That quote is not from me, but me quoting the OP. I appreciate your concern for logic. If there had been a background check done here, what would it have turned up? I think I know the answer here, but maybe you should stew on it for a bit and report back.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
The Aurora crazy gets turned down from joining a gun club yet our government saw fit to award him with a $26,000 grant of which he used the proceeds to buy up all kinds of weapons, safely gear, and ammunition, then proceeds to go crazy in a crowded movie theater.

Yet some people want government to step up gun control measures?

Are you people serious?

To paraphrase Obama...The Aurora shooter didn't do this on his own, he had help from the government.

did you graduate from the "michele bachmann" school of critical thinking? "paraphrasing obama"...what?, do you think you are speaking to the dittoheads of rush limbaugh?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The background check concern really isnt applicable here since Holmes passed at least one. Possibly 4 checks. Not to mention the background investigation for the PhD program he was in.

For a while the NRA was fighting to get non-FFL's access to the NICS system but the government wouldnt budge on it.

For whatever reason the government, from Bill Clinton to today, doesnt want me to be able to call in a check before making a private sale. Even if I wanted to there's nothing I could do about it.

If it is a "loophole" it's clearly a "loophole" by design. Clinton's administrations all the way through to Obama's and for all foreseeable administrations want's this "loophole" to exist.

Another thing government did was make it crazy hard to become an FFL. By law an FFL has to use the NICS system for a transfer. Before reforms made it so difficult to get an FFL every Tom, Dick and Harry was a "kitchen-table FFL" which meant all those sales had to go through the NICS check and maintain 4473's.

Government created a problem so people like you would have some phantom to rail against that affects people like me.

I'd like to call NICS before making a sale. If not to keep a looney from getting a gun at least to cover my own ass should a sale to looney come back to me. But I cant. Thank Bill Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama and the next schmuck for that.
edit on 25-7-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join