It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

97% of Greenland's ice sheet surface melted in mid-July

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Center of the U.S. is reaching temps upwards of 109 degrees while us in Georgia and Florida are enjoying 90 degree temps at the most, so I can understand why certain places around the world are seeing such drastic changes. Since the North Pole lost so much ice, more mountains around the globe ended up receiving some of that lost ice, so we just have to make sure the mountain tops stay cold enough to hold snow luckily to keep the oceans where they are, not to say that the ocean didn't rise some from these incidents.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

There is no solution.
It is a natural cyclical change, end of story.
Why do you even want to solve it?
You AGW freaks always bleat that man is bad for the environment, then turn around and want to get involved in disrupting a natural cycle, for what...so that you can enjoy a warm nice summer, not too hot, not too cold, and a pleasant mild winter so you don't have a high heating bill?
There is going to be an ice age, let's stop it!
The climate is going to change like it has for thousands of years, let's tamper with it!
Talk about selfish.
I think the likes of your crowd are a bigger problem than the one you are crowing about.
Selfish, delusional, and borderline insane.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViktorHaze
reply to post by MamaJ

There is no solution.
You AGW freaks always bleat that man is bad for the environment, then turn around and want to get involved in disrupting a natural cycle, for what...so that you can enjoy a warm nice summer, not too hot, not too cold, and a pleasant mild winter so you don't have a high heating bill?
The climate is going to change like it has for thousands of years, let's tamper with it!
Talk about selfish.
I think the likes of your crowd are a bigger problem than the one you are crowing about.

I agree with you in every way but the calling them freaks. They are much more likely brainwash victims as the media insists on repeating the lie because of their apparent membership in the agenda to create that one world government by hook or crook. It is easy to believe a lie where the opposition opinion is stomped out and ridiculed as if the scientist supporting cyclical patterns are treated as if they were some kind of retarded country hicks. Our famous scientists of the past would be appalled but not surprised by the politization, if that's a word, of hard core science data that is obfuscated or ignored entirely because it doesn't fit the theory of the day.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

There is no solution.
Talk about selfish.

I agree with you in every way but the calling them freaks. They are much more likely brainwash victims as the media insists on repeating the lie because of their apparent membership in the agenda to create that one world government by hook or crook. It is easy to believe a lie where the opposition opinion is stomped out and ridiculed as if the scientist supporting cyclical patterns are treated as if they were some kind of retarded country hicks. Our famous scientists of the past would be appalled but not surprised by the politization, if that's a word, of hard core science data that is obfuscated or ignored entirely because it doesn't fit the theory of the day.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

There is no solution.
Talk about selfish.

In defence of MamaJ because she is probably too classy to respond to such a blantant misrepresentation; she clearly stated she is not in the AGW camp, though she believes man be contributing to global warming - though it is apparent to her something else unrelated to AGW theory at work.

Please stick to facts and leave attacks etc out of the discussion or I'll ask for moderation.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join