It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

97% of Greenland's ice sheet surface melted in mid-July

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
reply to post by MamaJ

Hey MamaJ - good question! I hate to say it, but I don't think it's good. What do you think?

Just listened to another excellent audio book on the weekend - The Master of the Key by Whitley Striber - kind of mind blowing! You should check it out.

The book touched quite a bit on meditation - as many do - I'm going to make an effort to do it every day. Do you meditate?

Im not sure what I think. I have read and watched videos that have literally left me in awe. Thinking that any day now could be... The end of life as we know it. Not the end of the world, but whereas the veil lifts.

The mindblowing lecture susan rennsion gives about our position in the solar system and whats exactly going on, backed by tons of links and resources( from nasa and esa) paints a picture that does blow your mind, yet leaves you feeling like everything is on course the way it should be.

She says where we are positioned in the solar system is crucial, not to mention the energized particles that are not only coming into our solar system, but our sun and planet as well. I imagine it as if we are approaching the beginning.... Where it all started. She also gives evidence of everything she speaks about in this two hour lecture.

If my computer was back up and running I could offer so many links, it would make your head spin! Lol i book marked tons of information that backs up what the op is about plus what I just wrote above.

So, not sure what I think just yet. I am wanting to see what the sun does in the next year.... That will be a tell tell sign for me.

Because the planet is losing protection we are very vulnerable to all kinds of " stuff"!! Thats not an understatement either! Lol

In regards to your question about meditation....

Do I meditate? No..... But I know I should. I just never make time to do so.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Thanks for the links again, interesting reads!
So where do you stand on global warming? Man made or caused by some other natural phenomenon or cycle?

I think the New Scientist article leaves out an important point, that the Sun's activity can remain level yet here on earth we can receive a big increase in the Sun's energy through the weakening of the magnetosphere.

edit on 25-7-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

edit on 25-7-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

I think the rise of carbon will happen whether we are here or not, but there is no doubt humans are causing the rise too with the amount of carbon we too contribute too. So my answer is both are causing it. We are just making it happen quicker!

Scientists are concerned! They are not ( in my opinion) going to cause mass chaos with what they know and what they foresee, but the concerns do come out here and there.

The article I posted first from space weather is one to remember. The Sun is not predictable and the shock wave they discuss is something that could be a real danger to our planet had it been Earth directed last time in 2010 or yesterday. If the sun were to produce one flare after another like it was popcorn, coupled with being earth directed, couple with the " rare speed" they say can come with the phenomenon then.... Whoa! Our magnetosphere would be extremely weak, geomagnetic activity could be rare as well..... Like never before experienced!

Again, its a waiting game.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I find it interesting that you choose to ignore the counter arguments I presented!

At least I know you have a strong bias.

As for the lying, I think you are buying into big-oil funded propaganda. It's not quite as black and white as you are mislead to believe.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister1k

Article doesn't specify. Do some research and let me know. Kthx

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
ce cores from Summit show that melting events of this type occur about once every 150 years on average. With the last one happening in 1889, this event is right on time," said Lora Koenig, a glaciologist from Nasa's Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland and a member of the research team analysing the satellite data.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
ce cores from Summit show that melting events of this type occur about once every 150 years on average. With the last one happening in 1889, this event is right on time," said Lora Koenig, a glaciologist from Nasa's Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland and a member of the research team analysing the satellite data.

Really? They are comparing a few dozen core samples to comprehensive satellite coverage? Which one do you think gives a more accurate picture, or is a spoon fed opinion enough for you?

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

The source you quoted also says this:

"When we see melt in places that we haven't seen before, at least in a long period of time, it makes you sit up and ask what's happening?" NASA chief scientist Waleed Abdalati said. It's a big signal, the meaning of which we're going to sort out for years to come."

Source

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
As an environmenal chemist in the field of pollution remediation I work with Meteorologists. They and the other scientist I work with daily all agree it is solar activity driving this. The sun affects geological mechanisms causing earthquakes and the numerous volcano's both above and below sea level.
Alt. Energy methods such as magnetic devices DO work and are being stomped out (see MTSU Hydrogen car).
Al Gore was teaching a course at MTSU and kept it under wraps. This has turned into a sick joke. Hiding alt ideas while attempting to profit a small group with 'carbon taxes'. We are being lied to for profits and a new one world government. Wakeup and also see the IPCC admit the data was junk. We are being used and the heating of other bodies in our solar system help me to believe it. We still need to reduce pollution but these liars are going to drag good scientist down in the publics perception if we don't speak up!
edit on 25-7-2012 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If this is so unprecedented, then why does the article say this?

"Ice cores from [Summit Station in central Greenland] show that melting events of this type occur about once every 150 years on average. With the last one happening in 1889, this event is right on time," says Lora Koenig, a Goddard glaciologist and a member of the research team analyzing the satellite data.

Are you sure the sky is falling again?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
O.P sadly this is nothing new, the people running the game are getting tired, a full cleanse format and reset is due

Its happened before to earth and will happen again

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sopheruk
O.P sadly this is nothing new, the people running the game are getting tired, a full cleanse format and reset is due

Why are they getting tired?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sopheruk

Why are they getting tired?

many reasons, the pollution on earth - man made i may add, such as the gulf spill, the nuclear waste leaks etc, makes environments very difficult for them to carry on their experiments with life, animals etc, and yes the ets can do something about it.. a total cleanse

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I don't always believe scientists over the common man, but in this case I think science trumps ignorance.

But when those same scientists from NASA state that your "PlanetX" is bunk....you say they are lying!

You appear to be cherry picking what you believe, to tie in with your theories....NASA has also stated that this event is "Normal" and has arrived "bang on time, as expected".

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justoneman
As an environmental chemist in the field of pollution remediation I work with Meteorologists. They and the other scientist I work with daily all agree it is solar activity driving this. The sun affects geological mechanisms causing earthquakes and the numerous volcano's both above and below sea level.

Would this be relating to solar irradiance? If so, there seems to be a problem as it's decreased for the last 20+ years. If not, by what other factor are you measuring fluctuations in the sun correlating with geological events which may be altering the climate? I'm a layman who is interested. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I don't always believe scientists over the common man, but in this case I think science trumps ignorance.

But when those same scientists from NASA state that your "PlanetX" is bunk....you say they are lying!

You appear to be cherry picking what you believe, to tie in with your theories....NASA has also stated that this event is "Normal" and has arrived "bang on time, as expected".

We all know why scientists claim Planet X is bunk - there is a National Security directive which forbids any public discussion of Planet X.

With Planet X the government forsees one of two scenarios:

A) Planet X's passing will just cause some high-tides and earthquakes and life for the most part will go on as usual - so there is no point in panicking people

B) Planet X's passing will cause major tectonic/climactic upheavals on the planet and kill about 95% of the world's population - and warning people now would not change that - so there is no point in panicking people.

The truth is warning people now could save many lives, and the PTB are worried if people had enough notice they would be in a rage and go after those in charge and those who participated in the coverup and find their bunkers.

Did you know that one of the worst sins in the universe is the keeping of sacred knowledge from mankind? And that this is one of the few sins that your soul could actually suffer eternally for? Sure glad I don't have to worry about that.

As for your comments on the glacier melting, they have already been addressed numerous times above.

edit on 25-7-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

edit on 25-7-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

That depends who's science your using.

Are you aware of the THIRTY THOUSAND scientists who all said global warming is a deception?

Are you aware that the the atmosphere used to have MANY times more co2 than it does now?

Are you aware of how the planet WILL respond if it warms too much?

Google the above and do some research rather than believe what they feed you.

Did you realize that not one of those 30,000 scientist were climatologist and were paid by the oil companies. Just like the tobacco industry paid scientist to say that smoking wasn't harmful to your health.
edit on 7/25/2012 by Morpheas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

No, not the irradiance per say. It is about magnetic fields and the affect the sun has on all the planets. We are in uncharted water with the solar activity. I don't know what to believe about planet X, but something has changed our sun. Perhaps it is an extra solar system event? Or it is just a cycle of our Sun.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas

Originally posted by VoidHawk

That depends who's science your using.

Are you aware of the THIRTY THOUSAND scientists who all said global warming is a deception?

Are you aware that the the atmosphere used to have MANY times more co2 than it does now?

Are you aware of how the planet WILL respond if it warms too much?

Google the above and do some research rather than believe what they feed you.

Did you realize that not one of those 30,000 scientist were climatologist and were paid by the oil companies. Just like the tobacco industry paid scientist to say that smoking wasn't harmful to your health.
edit on 7/25/2012 by Morpheas because: (no reason given)

Serious acusations!! I assuume you have some proof? if so can you please link to it?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Here's a start:

Link

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
lolll that why they called it GREENland and not WHITE land...:-)
when discouverd there was not that amound of ice as in these day's.....
nothing to worry about....

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I just want to state for the record I didn't want this to be a global warming thread - I just wanted to draw attention to dramatic and unprecedented climatic changes. This abrupt kind of change is not in most of the global warming models - those models have the earth heating up over decades or centuries.

I guess I just wanted to also emphasize the fact that scientists are surprised by many of these changes, and despite the mention of the 150 year average, which was determined by a few ice core samples from a land mass over 1000km long and about 400km wide compared with the comprehensive satellite imagery we have today, they are throwing around terms like "extreme melt", "extensive melt", and "uncommon phenomenon".

We may not have much time as a species to figure this out, and arguing over dogma will not help.

Don't take scientific theories for granted as some do on here, do your own research and be skeptical.

NASA was created by the DOD and it's primary purpose if far from keeping the public abreast of events it is researching or uncovering - it is, was, and always has been "national security". But this institution should be answerable to those who fund it - American citizens. But it is not. Anyways, if you are hoping for truth for them, you may be waiting a while.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join