It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gun craziness continues.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Albany NY 10 PM news report.....

Retired police officer accidently shoots himself in the leg at Sears.

OMG...run for the hills!!!

The people they interview...."WHY DOES HE HAVE A LOADED GUN!?!?!" "WHY" WHY"

UMMMM 2nd amendment....protection.....let's all settle down.

www.fox23news.com...

This is going to get worse before it gets better, if it ever gets better.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Stop watching FoxNews, you'll feel better.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

It's my local news...not Fox national news...it's the mall my kids shop at...thanks for caring about my viewing habits.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

dude done gone and plaxico'd hisself. remember kids, sweatpants and loaded handguns are a gangsta no-no.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

Stop watching News, you'll feel better.

Fixed it for you. No one is coming for your guns. It's just a media cycle and people are fixated. They are just giving you the paranoia and mayhem you crave. Turn it off and you will feel better.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

No he was an old guy....

Retired..

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by ezekielken

No he was an old guy....

Retired..

Say WHAT! Old people can be Gangsta Gangsta too!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What do you call a gun without bullets?

A club.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The problem with America isn’t the guns...

.. its the Americans.

What sort of society actively boasts about taking a loaded weapon into a shopping mall, cinema, church..

If I walked around with a bottle of turps all day long, all year round.. should one day a spark turn me extra crispy boom, I’d be labeled a moron and turps would be banished.

Not in America, the answer to mass murders isn’t more guns you maniacs.

If the 2nd amendment was there to protect you, tell me why not 1 person in the cinema pulled out their gun and killed the attacker?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I will say this-Why in the hell would you want to live in a place where you have to take a gun to the damn mall? If that's the case it's time to move.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

.. its the Americans.

What sort of society actively boasts about taking a loaded weapon into a shopping mall, cinema, church..

If I walked around with a bottle of turps all day long, all year round.. should one day a spark turn me extra crispy boom, I’d be labeled a moron and turps would be banished.

If the 2nd amendment was there to protect you, tell me why not 1 person in the cinema pulled out their gun and killed the attacker?

because the cinema has a no gun rule.
if they did allow it, it may have turned out much different.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

I will say this-Why in the hell would you want to live in a place where you have to take a gun to the damn mall? If that's the case it's time to move.

lots of people carry guns, ccw and they are allowed to. It's not like they say, going to the mall, gonna get my gun lol, well maybe now they will be saying that.

41% increase the next day in background checks in the state of Colo. for people buying guns, the owner of a gun shop stated he had a line of 20 people waiting at his door the morning of the shooting to buy a gun.
edit on 24-7-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab

lots of people carry guns, ccw and they are allowed to. It's not like they say, going to the mall, gonna get my gun lol, well maybe now they will be saying that.

Did not address the original point-Why would you live in a place where you feel the need to carry a loaded weapon around with you everywhere you go? That would certainly be stressful to me.

I don't really care if people want to buy guns or carry them. I expect people to do things like that as humans tend to be reactive as opposed to proactive.
edit on 24-7-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Most Americans unfortunately have your mindset it seems.. So they don't pack guns. And the ones that do, obey the signs that say no firearms allowed. Meanwhile criminals walk right on in and you see what happened. If one citizen would have been armed in the theatre. I have a feeling he would not have achieved the level of killing he managed.

For example the old man who stopped the gun man from robbing the internet cafe a few weeks ago.

Every citizen should be armed.. Much like Switzerland.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

.. its the Americans.

They weren't smart enough to carry a concealed weapon. Some folks do not have the brains to arm themselves.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by hapablab

Did not address the original point-Why would you live in a place where you feel the need to carry a loaded weapon around with you everywhere you go? That would certainly be stressful to me.

I understand your point

I live in Chicago and they banned them but the need to carry one here is higher then I would expect any other state to carry, if the gang bangers and losers carry illegal guns, we should be able to carry legal ones ourselves.

funny story

my old neighbor had a shot gun, two guys began to break into his house in the middle of the night, and he stood in the hallway with the gun waited for them, (he was a tough S.O.B. lol) when one was halfway thru the window he cocked the gun, that's all they needed to hear, they screamed dont shoot and took off like the little cowards they are.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Startruth144

Every citizen should be armed.. Much like Switzerland.

I disagree, Switzerland is a rather small, fairly homogeneous society. They also don't have much poverty. It's comparing apples and oranges. There's a lot more strife here than in Swissland. Not that I think guns should be banned, but with a larger population and a poor mental health system you are just asking for trouble.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Here in Arizona we can carry a concealed weapon without a permit. I have never felt safer.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
double post

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by hapablab

Here in Arizona we can carry a concealed weapon without a permit. I have never felt safer.

awesome! I didn't know that was allowed in Arizona.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join