It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO making 90-degree turn (7-16-2012)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
CFHT (Canada, France, Hawaii Telescope) takes a photo every 60 seconds from Hawaii then puts them together in a time-lapse movie for that day.
There appears to be an object at minute mark .55 that comes out from the lower left (left to right) and seems to change directions making a 90-degree turn. This YT video is looped so you're seeing this object over and over again.

Here's the original. I have a rather slow connection so from my end, it's very pixelated but you can see it at 45 seconds:
www.cfht.hawaii.edu.../movies/Jul16-2012.mp4

It's interesting to say the least. I was wondering if we're seeing two objects (seeing there is a delay) but I don't think so. It looks too fluid to be two separate objects. In fact, watching the YT video, I am almost convinced it's the same one especially at the end of the YT when there's a real slow close up shot.
I'll be interested in hearing your opinions

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I just download the original and watch it then re-watched it. It is DEFINITELY the same object. I can't think of one earthly explanation.

This reminds me of the STS 48 incident that looks like a UFO reacted to something being fired then.....darted off after making a 90-degree turn. Some NASA members will have you believing it was an ice-particle and rocket thrust

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Airplanes can turn.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So can a boomerang!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Airplanes can turn...and it was pretty annoying to see that cursor interfere with the playing of the video...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
60 seconds or 1 minute between frames, correct?

So the object is turning at a sharp angle, but it also had 1 full minute to do so.

Turning like that, it's not a meteor. However, it also looks like it is moving slow (at least compared to other air traffic that is leaving streaks of light in the time lapse), or it's very far away so it's apparent velocity looks slow to us.

Helicopter? They move slow compared to fixed wing craft, and they can literally stop in the air and change direction. Given that this object had a full 60 seconds to do so before the next frame was taken, I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
Airplanes can turn...and it was pretty annoying to see that cursor interfere with the playing of the video...

Why would we see the same brightest of a perpendicular airplane as we would it coming towards us?

Sure, I guess it's a handy explanation. I would love to see more airplanes from this cam seeing planes usually keep the same schedule.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
60 seconds or 1 minute between frames, correct?

So the object is turning at a sharp angle, but it also had 1 full minute to do so.

Turning like that, it's not a meteor. However, it also looks like it is moving slow (at least compared to other air traffic that is leaving streaks of light in the time lapse), or it's very far away so it's apparent velocity looks slow to us.

Helicopter? They move slow compared to fixed wing craft, and they can literally stop in the air and change direction. Given that this object had a full 60 seconds to do so before the next frame was taken, I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility.

Could be eriktheawful.
Did you download it? It looks a lot clearer and cleaner if you play it on your own media player.
I just don't see conventional aircraft but then again, what else is new?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Select July 16th and choose to download it. It's a lot better that way!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Select July 24th and watch at about :45. Is this "ufo" on a schedule?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Thank you. I will give this version a look.

reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Thank you. I will also look at this one.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
At first I could not clearly see what was trying to be shown. After re-watching it several times it was easier to make out what the object was.

I'm not very knowledgeable on these time-lapse UFOs. Maybe if we could see some comparison videos, of airplanes under time lapse?

Hard to say. a GIF of this video might help, if anyone is willing to go through that trouble.

Pretty cool video, either way --- S+F @ the human looking alien.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

That's the same video!!!! Same shooting star and all.
C'mon. What's going on here???

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

It certainly does appear to be "on schedule." This calls into question the entire database of archived videos and record keeping/labeling for the images taken by this telescope. Seems like the same video.

As far as the object itself, with time lapse photography, it could be anything...knowing it could be anything, the most likely possibility is that it is some terrestrial craft or object.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

That's the same video!!!! Same shooting star and all.
C'mon. What's going on here???

No it's not. What's going on here? I expect more attention to detail from a former MUFON investigator!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It is definitely hard to find out what this object is just by watching the vid since it's time-lapsed and could be anything. It appeared in frame and disappeared in the span of 18 minutes so it must have traveled at a very slow speed. Possibly an airplane or more likely a helicopter.

On the 24th it took the same course in around 16 minutes. Definitely might be an airplane on a course.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
It is definitely hard to find out what this object is just by watching the vid since it's time-lapsed and could be anything. It appeared in frame and disappeared in the span of 18 minutes so it must have traveled at a very slow speed. Possibly an airplane or more likely a helicopter.

On the 24th it took the same course in around 16 minutes. Definitely might be an airplane on a course.

It appears at .45-seconds on two days? I believe it's the same footage. Look at the shooting star just prior to this object coming in view. It's the same movement and all.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

It appears at .45-seconds on two days? I believe it's the same footage. Look at the shooting star just prior to this object coming in view. It's the same movement and all.

Note the difference in entry relative to the stars. Different days.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

No it's not. What's going on here? I expect more attention to detail from a former MUFON investigator!

I was playing it on Real Player and it played July 16 again and I didn't catch the date. Sorry. You're right.

They both show up at around the same time. Odd. Wasn't even the same day of the week.
Maybe it is a plane.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Lol? You gotta be kidding. It is two completely different days and the two shooting stars look nothing alike. One is lower than the other, the stars compared the shooting stars are different in each piece of footage.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join