It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Study Finds Fluoride Lowers IQ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Harvard Study Finds Fluoride Lowers IQ

www.marketwatch.com

NEW YORK, July 24, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Harvard University researchers' review of fluoride/brain studies concludes "our results support the possibility of adverse effects of fluoride exposures on children's neurodevelopment." It was published online July 20 in Environmental Health Perspectives, a US National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences' journal (1), reports the NYS Coalition Opposed to Fluoridation, Inc. (NYSCOF)
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well. I decided this should probably go right into breaking alt for the very reason alone that this could possibly (from a decently credible source) that they have proven fluoride to be bad(i have known all along, but.. you know. People deny). This gives the general population no more excuses to deny that this is a problem, and has been for a long time.

I wonder how it would look if we graphed the amount of additives to our water against the average IQ and see what it looks like. I think it would turn out to be in some sort of X shape, lowering iq for increases in additives.

Could this be the smoking gun? (I ran a search, nothing came up. If there is, close this)

www.marketwatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24/7/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/7/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
use fluoride free toothpaste, and avoid drinking tap water.

peace.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

This - the smoking gun?

No...we've known since the China studies years ago (or at least *strongly* suspected since is what the study showed) that increased fluoride intake - usually via water treatment - results in lower IQ. This is merely additional confirmation.

Sure the fact that water fluoridation does nothing to deal with dental caries (as compared to nations that ended fluoridation around the same time, indicating a change in other factors being responsible) doesn't come to bear here at all...FLUORIDE IS GOOD FOR YOU.

Somehow?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Just doing a quick google search, trying to find the actual paper (if it has been published on the web), and i came up with a story from a few years ago i never heard about. It makes you think.

Source

Federal investigators and Harvard University officials are probing whether a Harvard professor buried research suggesting a link between fluoridated tap water and bone cancer in adolescent boys.

The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), which funded Chester Douglass's $1.3 million study, and the university are investigating why the Harvard School of Dental Medicine epidemiologist told federal officials he found no significant correlation between fluoridated water and osteosarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer. Douglass, who serves as editor in chief for the industry-funded Colgate Oral Care Report, supervised research for a 2001 doctoral thesis that concluded boys exposed to fluoridated water at a young age were more likely to get the cancer.

Oh the things buried in the internet...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I guess we can all wish, perhaps some organizations will run with this and bring it to the forefront of peoples minds in 'the west'. I know my water tastes like crap, and sometimes has an odd odour. Our water is fluoridated, also has traces of mercury and other metals too. :|, not much i can do about it. Most people think its crazy talk..

Yes. If the paper with the government stamp on it says fluoride is okay. Then its okay!... right?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
From the linked article:

"The children in high fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ than those who lived in low fluoride areas," write Choi et al.

I don't know anyone who thinks that too much fluoride is a good thing - but this article apaprently differentiates between high and low - not betwen low fluoride and no fluoride. And it does nto say how much fluoride it considers "high" and "low".

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Fluoride Lowers IQ you say?

Is it also possible that Fluoride makes people come up with crazy conspiracy theories?
I have long suspected that something was affecting many of the posters here on ATS, maybe it's FLUORIDE!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You have to wonder, with a multitude of other drugs proven to improve your health one way or another, why chose fluoride? I guess our teeth are more important than say our heart or vision? I do not buy that for one second, and I believe it is just a cheap way of disposing of hazardous chemicals that are bi-products of aluminum manufacturing that would otherwise cost a pretty penny to get rid of. SAY NO TO FLUORIDE!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I recently went to the dentist and got a fluoride treatment for sensitive gums. Cost me 38 dollars and insurance didn't cover it, worked well for about a week and now I'm back to sensitive gums.

Not sure why I felt I should share this information... Don't mind me.
edit on 24-7-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
reply to post by Praetorius

I guess we can all wish, perhaps some organizations will run with this and bring it to the forefront of peoples minds in 'the west'. I know my water tastes like crap, and sometimes has an odd odour. Our water is fluoridated, also has traces of mercury and other metals too. :|, not much i can do about it. Most people think its crazy talk..

Yes. If the paper with the government stamp on it says fluoride is okay. Then its okay!... right?

Hah...right...

*sardonic grin*

Now if only fluoride and heavy metals or the like were our only concern. Our water's contaminated with rocket fuel leavings, human hormone therapies, and god knows what all else. Fish and other animals are mutating into intersexed weirdos, and human births are also being affected. I hate having to say it, but we've just about broke everything meaningful outright.

Suck.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

As much as I want to believe that something like this will wake people up, the fluoride propaganda campaign seems to be more effective than the truth.

I always thought the fact that sodium fluoride is the main ingredient in rat poison would be all that's needed to convince people that this stuff is straight up bad.

But oh no... those 4 out of 5 dentists who are collecting kickbacks from the aluminum industry are more convincing than the simple knowledge that we are being fed rat poison.

Good find though.

S & F.
edit on 24/7/2012 by kyviecaldges because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I've petitioned my local, state and federal government.

Nothing. Just the same generic answers.

I hate that I can do nothing about the Fluoride in the water that my children have to drink.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
From the linked article:

"The children in high fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ than those who lived in low fluoride areas," write Choi et al.

I don't know anyone who thinks that too much fluoride is a good thing - but this article apaprently differentiates between high and low - not betwen low fluoride and no fluoride. And it does nto say how much fluoride it considers "high" and "low".

I was going to ask that too. I think it's impossible to be free of it as it appears naturally in our environment without human intervention in some cases. Not that I'm saying you should drink tap water, but the question here is how much are we talking about and can we remove other factors known to lower IQ such as nutritional gaps and family problems.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The government will just change the way they interpret IQ to prove you wrong. Everyone in fluoride areas will have their IQ tests graded differently resulting in higher IQ's.
Actually our government is trying to reduce Fluoride in water and the water treatment plants are not listening. These people aren't going to admit that they were led to believe a lie. They are going to protect their reputations and keep the levels up. They may even be adding Fluoride at the max rate to make sure that people have good teeth. They don't understand the properties of fluoride with relation to biological activities in the body. But they are sure they couldn't have been misled.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Some forms of natural fluoride in water aren't easily absorbed by the body. The form they are adding is pretty bioavailable. There are lots of things that grow on fluoride soils and absorb it. They usually adapt by creating natural speed to counteract the dampening effect of the fluoride on their energy system. Coffee and tea are examples as is Cocao

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
fluoride is bad?,.
I am sure the ADA will be on that topic soon to debate it..
just like it is OK to put Mercury in your mouth
look at my signature,, nope I didnt go to harvard
i lernt it all on my own
edit on 24-7-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Fluoride doesn't make you dumb. It's an antidepressant, it makes you have problems learning. It makes you lazy because it lowers the bodies use of Iodine. So we get fat and mentally challenged from it
But mentally challenged people are most times happy and spend more money on expensive unnecessary things. They stimulate Economic growth.

edit on 24-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

It also calcifies the pineal gland. And can screw your bodies ability to properly absorb and process some minerals.
Not a conspiracy theory just fact...

Now as to who's agenda it is that we continue self dosing with fluoride lol.... That's where things get interesting. To me its blatantly obvious some people wish to keep the masses dumbed down. As to exactly which faction of the many dynastic families scrambling for control whether it be Rothschild Rockefeller. etc.. (quite a few groups) well who knows.

To be honest that's really semantics. Another charge to add to the list for all these scum. When should we hold trials? I don't know about you guys but my summer is wide open for some global arrests to take place of these unsavoury types

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I order my fluoride free toothpaste online and always make sure there isnt any fluoride on my mouthwash either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join