It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama plotting to NEVER leave office?

page: 1
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I've been trying to keep up with the news this year, since it's an election year. Regardless of your political leanings there is undeniably a lot at stake politically in the US with this election.

One particular thing caught my eye just recently.

Earlier this year we watched the President do a total 180 with regard to the DREAM act. A year before he said he wasn't able to act on his own due to constitutional limitations on his power. He had to work with Congress to change immigration law.

Here is a link to the article.




The Obama administration said Friday it will stop deporting most illegal immigrant students and young adults in a campaign-year move that escalates the immigration debate to the fore. For years the administration had said it didn’t have the authority to make such a move, saying it couldn’t decide to stop deporting wide categories of people on its own without approval from Congress. But on Friday President Obama says administration now interprets the law to give it the discretion.


So, just recently, I saw this article:




Well, Oakland, this is my last political campaign. It is -- no, it’s -- I promise you, I’m term-limited after this. (Laughter.) And because this is my last political campaign,


Seriously, when I saw this article the first thing that came into mind is what he SAID about immigration and then later DID with immigration.

How many people are watching on the edge of their seats to see what this president might pull in order to stay in office?

So the shills will say that I'm nuts and have an overactive imagination and this means nothing.

But, would anyone honestly put anything past this guy? Really?

If Obama loses this election, and to me it looks like he will, then it will all be over and he will be gone.

But if he STAYS in office then all bets are off. There was already some flak about how he told the Russians that he would have a lot more latitude after the election.

I'm not talking about him pulling something off to win THIS election.

What I'm saying is, if he gets a second term, we might NEVER get him out of office. That is more of a concern for those who DO want him out of office. Some folks would be happy to have this president forever.




posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by djmarcone
 
Heard the same concerns about Bush. Believed some of them.

No worries about Obama staying in office. Regardless, the House always wins.



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by djmarcone
 


Although I wouldn't put it past obummer to pull something crazy to stay in office, but to be honest I don't take him saying that "this is my last political campaign" to be too scary. It would make sense for him to stay out of politics if he didn't get reelected, as the office has visibly been quite hard on him.

Although the only likely alternative is Romney getting elected, which also isn't be something I would look forward to



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I don't think that that would be possible. Of course we could have some sort of false flag in 2016 that could prevent that years election. However I don't see Americans allowing that and having the VP step up as the interim President until an election could be held, but I have no clue what the COG plan says what is supposed to happen.

I am more worried about the near term and this (s)election. We don't decide who the president is anyway so its up to the oligarchs to decide.



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius
 


Seeing older ATS members talking about going through the same thing with bush instilled a bit of objectivity into me. I see an Obama coup as a possibility still, simply because a lot of the things the man says are downright scary, but since then I am counting on it much less.



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yeah they said this about Bush and it didn't happen.



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by Praetorius
 


Seeing older ATS members talking about going through the same thing with bush instilled a bit of objectivity into me. I see an Obama coup as a possibility still, simply because a lot of the things the man says are downright scary, but since then I am counting on it much less.

It's all only fair. The government and those in it bring it on themselves, but given the fact that they usually dance to the same tunes, it's misplaced. You just have to realize that government in general is the issue. It doesn't take (for the fairest share) any specific one in office, as they're on the same side despite their supposed differences. There's not much difference between one or the other, so no reason for one to seize and hold power. They have their own masters, who run both sides when power players are involved.

Anything of importance only keeps moving in one direction...which is usually contrary to our own best interests, supposed claims aside. Look for the proof in the pudding.



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Obama plotting to NEVER leave office?,


- They said it about Bush43. He left. No problem.

- I bet obama can't wait to get out of office. He looked tired and like he wanted out even in the first few weeks. He got the title and the perks and the ego boost .. now he can sit back and rake it all in no matter how the election goes.



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   


We've seen this before...Chancellor Obama? Darth Obama?



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by djmarcone
 


I don't think there's anything to worry about, except maybe four more years... Lucky for him, Romney and the republicans are so old and unlikable that people will forget what a load he is.



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by djmarcone
I've been trying to keep up with the news this year, since it's an election year. Regardless of your political leanings there is undeniably a lot at stake politically in the US with this election.

One particular thing caught my eye just recently.

Earlier this year we watched the President do a total 180 with regard to the DREAM act. A year before he said he wasn't able to act on his own due to constitutional limitations on his power. He had to work with Congress to change immigration law.

Here is a link to the article.




The Obama administration said Friday it will stop deporting most illegal immigrant students and young adults in a campaign-year move that escalates the immigration debate to the fore. For years the administration had said it didn’t have the authority to make such a move, saying it couldn’t decide to stop deporting wide categories of people on its own without approval from Congress. But on Friday President Obama says administration now interprets the law to give it the discretion.


So, just recently, I saw this article:




Well, Oakland, this is my last political campaign. It is -- no, it’s -- I promise you, I’m term-limited after this. (Laughter.) And because this is my last political campaign,


Seriously, when I saw this article the first thing that came into mind is what he SAID about immigration and then later DID with immigration.

How many people are watching on the edge of their seats to see what this president might pull in order to stay in office?

So the shills will say that I'm nuts and have an overactive imagination and this means nothing.

But, would anyone honestly put anything past this guy? Really?

If Obama loses this election, and to me it looks like he will, then it will all be over and he will be gone.

But if he STAYS in office then all bets are off. There was already some flak about how he told the Russians that he would have a lot more latitude after the election.

I'm not talking about him pulling something off to win THIS election.

What I'm saying is, if he gets a second term, we might NEVER get him out of office. That is more of a concern for those who DO want him out of office. Some folks would be happy to have this president forever.



I don't think he has enough time left in office to pull that off.



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Obama plotting to NEVER leave office?,


- They said it about Bush43. He left. No problem.

- I bet obama can't wait to get out of office. He looked tired and like he wanted out even in the first few weeks. He got the title and the perks and the ego boost .. now he can sit back and rake it all in no matter how the election goes.




So he's just going through the motions? Reading from the teleprompter when they tell him to and so on?

Maybe. The retirement package is pretty sweet, that's for sure!

Personally it seemed like he checked out after the first 6 months... I remember lots of speculation at that time whether he wanted to be re-elected or not.



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Good lord. Do you folks jump every time you see your own shadow too? Give it a rest. There is nothing he ever said, did or insinuated that could cause one to rationally think this. Even if he were so inclined, he could never do it without the complicit approval of law enforcement and the military...or the people. For god's sake, there's a ton of real things to worry about without wasting energy on such utter inanity.



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius
 


You may have heard the same concerns about bush but you didn't see this level of foundation for sustainability
The ground work for a dictator is now in place.



posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If I remember, we had the same crap spewing out of people's mouths about Bush. We were wrong then. I say we could easily be wrong again. I don't like any of the last few Pres's we've had...all scum. Kick 'em all out, but there is no way that one guy will stay in power. THe people would finally revolt. As long as the guy changes every 4 or 8 years, everyone is happy as clams. Stupid. They don't see they're all the same.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
If I remember, we had the same crap spewing out of people's mouths about Bush. We were wrong then. I say we could easily be wrong again. I don't like any of the last few Pres's we've had...all scum. Kick 'em all out, but there is no way that one guy will stay in power. THe people would finally revolt. As long as the guy changes every 4 or 8 years, everyone is happy as clams. Stupid. They don't see they're all the same.


I heard the last "real" president was JFK...



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by Praetorius
 


You may have heard the same concerns about bush but you didn't see this level of foundation for sustainability
The ground work for a dictator is now in place.


The executive orders passed in the last 3 years are quite chilling.

So, who was saying they thought Bush wouldn't leave office?



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   


That's fine.

Obama can stay at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

We'll just move the Capital somewhere else!




posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It goes against the interests of TPTB having one of their puppets as a permanent leader. If the masses get sick of him, they will revolt.

By presenting the masses with elections, they feel they have the power to remove whoever they believe is in charge, so it satisfies them and they calm down when they elect a new "leader". Which gives the rulers of the country a greater opportunity to continue their plans.
edit on 25/7/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by djmarcone
 



Originally posted by djmarcone



Well, Oakland, this is my last political campaign. It is -- no, it’s -- I promise you, I’m term-limited after this. (Laughter.) And because this is my last political campaign,


Seriously, when I saw this article the first thing that came into mind is what he SAID about immigration and then later DID with immigration.


So, wait... Because he said this is his last campaign, you think that means it's NOT his last campaign and he's working to take over the country or something? What?



So the shills will say that I'm nuts and have an overactive imagination and this means nothing.


I'm not a "shill", but I'd have to support this finding... Obama has broken some promises, like every president before him, but he's also said many things that he later followed up on. You have no reason to believe that he's trying to be our forever president.




What I'm saying is, if he gets a second term, we might NEVER get him out of office.


Yes, I remember thinking this about George Bush, too.
Take a deep breath. This isn't going to happen.
It's a wild and crazy conspiracy theory, formed in people's minds, only, with nothing to back it up and no basis in reality. Get out into the fresh air and ride a bike or something.



new topics

top topics



 
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join