It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fallacy of Atheism and the Enigma of the Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by BlueMule

Spirituality is great. Christianity, what it has done so far, not so much.

Romans 8:6

For to be carnally minded is death: but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I think what you meant, EnochWasRight, is that all we have to validate your God is the Old and New Testament. And neither of those can be trusted as a historical record of anything, as they are not chronologically correct, and have no other records to back up any of the stories.

I see you did post a lot of quotes from your book, in an effort to make it seem real, I suppose? How about doing a little research on the origins of the Bible, it's stories, and who and what your Gods are? While you are at it, look up these links:

How Christian Mind Control Works

Is Christianity a cult?

Born Again Brainwashing

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I think what you meant, EnochWasRight, is that all we have to validate your God is the Old and New Testament. And neither of those can be trusted as a historical record of anything, as they are not chronologically correct, and have no other records to back up any of the stories.

I see you did post a lot of quotes from your book, in an effort to make it seem real, I suppose? How about doing a little research on the origins of the Bible, it's stories, and who and what your Gods are? While you are at it, look up these links:

How Christian Mind Control Works

Is Christianity a cult?

Born Again Brainwashing

The book stands on its own.

edit on 24-7-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

No it doesn't, you are simply asserting that it does based on your faith.

If it did, the truth would be all but revealed to us, not just to the chosen. That is why the deception is such a big part of the Christian faith, because without it all other arguments against the faith are justifiable.

There are a slew of other holy books that disagree with the Christian Bible, and a plethora of books which came before it which have their own brand of truth.

And you still haven't answered my question...

Why has God not answered my prayers?
edit on 24-7-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

No it doesn't, you are simply asserting that it does based on your faith.

If it did, the truth would be all but revealed to us, not just to the chosen. That is why the deception is such a big part of the Christian faith, because without it all other arguments against the faith are justifiable.

There are a slew of other holy books that disagree with the Christian Bible, and a plethora of books which came before it which have their own brand of truth.

And you still haven't answered my question...

Why has God not answered my prayers?
edit on 24-7-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

Your words are empty without examples. In the OP, I provided hundreds of examples. Video two provides all the connections you need to realize the significance of John 1 and LOGOS. Video three then shows the science behind energy and information in transit. Video one shows the probability of each choice between faith and doubt. The rest of what I say then connects the whole to WORD, which is the root of all symbols.

This is the problem here on ATS. When a thread such as this is posted, comments like yours begin to appear within minutes of its posting. This shows clearly that nothing in the OP was considered deeply apart from bias. Try engaging your intellect, apart from the blinding effects of bias, and examine the evidence I presented. Make connections. You might find something you never knew before that will challenge your preconceived notions.

The evidence for the truth of the Bible is locked in the symbolism, not in the words on the surface. The surface content is a recorded history that provides the platform for connecting the symbols like a web. The two must be present to see the whole. All the answers you deny are there if you bother to look. None of the answers are simple. They are deep and in levels. When you start building a framework, the rest starts to reveal itself, but not to those who judge the book. It must be divided rightly. The seven rules for rightly dividing truth are found here: LINK Truth is hermetically sealed in symbol. Hermes (Enoch) provides us the key rules that the scribes used to lock the information and keep it from being tampered with. Bother to look and you will start to see the hidden information clearly.

edit on 25-7-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

The best question you can answer is this: Where is the root? Jacob has it, and it is sealed in the symbolism. All other religions and schools of wisdom are cut from the root.

The archetype of the Divine Twins is found woven throughout world religion and myth. Not just the tiny little Jacob and Esau corner.

You said fundamentalism is the false prophet. This is painting with a broad brush. Prejudice can only tag someone with a name and then hate the name. We are all individuals. Prejudice is what it is, no matter how we justify it.

Do you have a 'top-down' view of your religion and a 'bottom-up' view of other religions?

The two basic types of religions:

One way to view world religions is to divide them into two groups: "top-down" and "bottom-up" faiths:

A top-down religion is one in which God has revealed himself to humanity. Typically, this type of religion teaches that God created humanity, the world, the solar system, and the rest of the universe. He gave humans a moral and legal code, and has communicated his expectations of humanity to us. God is normally considered all powerful, all knowing and all good (omnipotent, omniscient and omnibeneficient), and without error. Many top-down religions teach that God either dictated their holy book, or communicated its contents through an intermediary, or inspired its writers to write error-free text.

A bottom-up religion is one created solely by humans. The founders attempt to describe their best impression of what God might be like. Their descriptions of the origins of animal species, the Earth itself and the rest of the universe reflect their level of scientific knowledge. In the case of ancient religions, this might be quite limited. Their moral and legal codes tend to follow the values of their own culture, which is often tribal in nature. They attribute these laws to God in order to pressure their fellow believers in to accepting them. The authors invent some form of life after death, which may take the form of eternal life in a Heaven, Paradise, Purgatory, Hell, Limbo, etc. Alternatively, it might involve reincarnation -- returning to Earth after death to experience additional lifetimes. Holy texts of bottom-up religions show a gradual evolution of religious and spiritual thought when their oldest writings are compared to the newest texts.

Many, perhaps most, people view their own religion as the only top-down religion in the world. They believe that their God is the only deity in existence. Their God created humans and the universe, and gave humanity its only valid moral codes. Their fellow believers are often believed to be the only people who are assured of salvation and eternal life in Heaven or Paradise. Those of other faiths have no such certainty of an afterlife. Knowing that their religion is true and that other religions are in various degrees of error, it can become difficult to extend religious freedom to persons of other faiths. Some top-down believers accept the Golden Rule, but apply it mainly to fellow believers, to the exclusion of followers of other faiths.

Followers of the only top-down religion often consider all other religions to be bottom-up faiths -- ones that teach false Gods and a false moral code. These other Gods are created by humans rather than vice-versa. Their Gods may even be considered as demons. These bottom-up faiths are seen as leading their membership down a trail of destruction. They are often viewed as having a negative affect on society.

If you have what amounts to a 'bottom-up' view of all religions except for yours, you are a fundamentalist and a false prophet.

If you have a 'top-down' view of another religion besides yours, then please prove it somehow... such as by illustrating a spiritual principle or making a point against atheism by using that other religion.

edit on 25-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Top down or bottom up is irrelevant. God is at the center of all words. It is not a hierarchy, as this suggests God is dependent somehow. God is not temporal, which would be a necessity if we view him bottom up or top down. All seven continents hold a hidden perspective of the whole. All languages and cultures are within God's design of the whole. We are inside an image made by God and an image of God. Multiplicity is a division of unity.

When you look in a mirror, you see yourself, but you know the image is not really you. We are the image. The whole is seen by God on both sides of the reflection. We only see the division of the image on the inside. Knowing this fact, we can easily realize why up or down is irrelevant. We are all one beyond the image we see. As I stated earlier, the image is not where the real you resides.

Genesis 1

27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

As an Atheist should note, the unity is found among those who recognize the division and return to center.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Armed with the perspective from the last comments, see the image for what it is. If you view this by the law of inverse squares, you can see that our view of the center is completely dependent upon perspective and frame of reference. This allows an accurate view of all religions and history as it retracts and the future as it approaches. Imagine the light coming from a flashlight. Depending on distance, your screen catching the light must be sized properly or the image is not all seen. Either the screen increases or the distance from the light decreases. The closer you are, the stronger the light.

Like Plato and the cave idea, emerging from the cave can be difficult at first. The size of the screen is comparable to awareness. The distance from the light is comparable to our relationship with the source of the light. Study the video below and see why the division of the image is necessary. If you realize the significance of the words, "You must be born again," then the reason for the requirement of multiplicity is evident. Compare the entire context I am providing to gardening and how plants grow with measured water, soil and light by seasons. If you get it, you will see that viewing religion as top down or bottom up is irrelevant when the excluded middle is seen clearly.

I can't guarantee you understand what I am saying. The law of inverse squares may keep you from having the right perspective from your own frame of reference. This is a problem for all of us when conceptualizing reality.
It's a process over time. Multiplicity is a requirement and part of the overall design.

We can't just say, this religion (Screen) is correct and the other is incorrect. They are all necessary. They are reflecting points to show the whole clearly. The point is not to judge the screen we view the world by. The point is to do the viewing and see the overall picture that emerges. Faith and humility are the corrective lenses for astigmatism of the mind.

edit on 25-7-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join