It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly one in 10 employers to drop health coverage (because of ObamaCare!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A lot of employers are going to drop health care coverage for their employees because of cost. Obamacare can't be blamed for this. They will give their employees a raise and tell them to get their own insurance. With the extreme way that healthcare has risen over the years I am surprised more employers haven't stopped the benefit already. Without something being done, half the employers would have dumped the insurance benefit within the next five years. I think like a business man because I am. I understand costs and their effects on the price of goods sold and competiveness in the market well. The system we had wasn't sustainable and the one we are replacing it with is a little better but it is not enough to correct the problem.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
A lot of employers are going to drop health care coverage for their employees because of cost. Obamacare can't be blamed for this. They will give their employees a raise and tell them to get their own insurance.

I doubt they will give their employees a raise. They will likely just pocket the savings.

I picture it something like this:

executive one: insurance premiums are getting way too expensive and will bankrupt the company
executive two: we can't drop the insurance due to the PR disaster
executive one: we can blame Obamacare and increase our profits. Anytime anyone questions us, we can say it was due to the high costs associated with Obamacare.
executive two: brilliant plan
edit on 29-7-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

That sounds pretty good. You could get a job as an exec in a big corporation with an understanding like that.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
A lot of employers are going to drop health care coverage for their employees because of cost. Obamacare can't be blamed for this. They will give their employees a raise and tell them to get their own insurance. With the extreme way that healthcare has risen over the years I am surprised more employers haven't stopped the benefit already. Without something being done, half the employers would have dumped the insurance benefit within the next five years. I think like a business man because I am. I understand costs and their effects on the price of goods sold and competiveness in the market well. The system we had wasn't sustainable and the one we are replacing it with is a little better but it is not enough to correct the problem.

I keep saying it no idea why no one listens. They will NOT give a raise, because the money that WOULD go to the raise now will go to pay a fine. This hurts the middle class, a lot.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

That fine isn't near the twelve+ grand a year that companies are paying for average quality insurance with dental and eyeglass coverage. The deductibles are jumping to keep the prices at that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join