It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New here and need help with uploading a Avatar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hey everyone,
Im new here and im still having problems with uploading a avatar. I uploaded pics on photobucket and i tried every link but nothing shows up
May i have some help please? Thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pagangoddess77

you need to go into the above menu here where it says TOOLS+ and click it, then click on ATS Uploads, and upload directly to ATS from your computer....

then you can click on the uploaded picture and set it as your avatar by clicking

Use in ATS mini-profile:
Avatar | Profile Background | Signature

Avatar when you see this, then setting it by clicking Update Avatar Submit when the screen pops up which gives you this choice, directly after clicking use in mini profile Avatar.

lol... Hope that made sense!
edit on 24-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

you need to go into the above menu here where it says TOOLS+ and click it, then click on ATS Uploads, and upload directly to ATS from your computer....

then you can click on the uploaded picture and set it as your avatar by clicking

Use in ATS mini-profile:
Avatar | Profile Background | Signature

Avatar when you see this, then setting it by clicking Update Avatar Submit when the screen pops up which gives you this choice, directly after clicking use in mini profile Avatar.

lol... Hope that made sense!

thanks! i did do that but now you cant see the picture. So i guess i need to resize it right?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

yes, here are step by step instructions including size requirements.,.... www.abovetopsecret.com...

also, if you need help with resizing your avi, just go to the avatar creations thread and the ladies and gentlemen over there will give you a helping hand
www.abovetopsecret.com...

PS Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Feel free to drop by here Avatar Creations for a browse at some cool Avatars or to get your one tweaked up.

Welcome aboard

ETA: Ooooouuuppp...........OpB beat me to it....go to Avatar creations...........

edit on 24-7-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Dont you hate it when people post while you write?

that said, you are an excellent personage over there in the Avatar creations thread, and you and Agarta both were instrumental in the creation of this beautiful Avi I am currently wearing.... (one of my newest ATS wardrobe additions!)

We can never have enough Avi's you know!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
thanks everyone. I managed to get it fixed

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
thank you for the help

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Or you can make threads with no pics
No avatar no nothing if you are on an iPad.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pagangoddess77
Hey everyone,
Im new here and im still having problems with uploading a avatar. I uploaded pics on photobucket and i tried every link but nothing shows up
May i have some help please? Thanks

Just found this link posted by another member, helped me out ALOT.

Link - Avatar Upload

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Although I absolutely love some of the ATS avatars (coolest on the net) I really hate the upload / rules system right now. It's given me so much grief, that I'd have given up already, were I not a stubborn mule.

If you look, my avatar is only the upper left-corner of the image it is supposed to be. You can see the full image here:

img.abovetopsecret.com...

I was sure to re-size the image to within the appropriate limits before uploading.

Can anyone please explain this to me, before I re-grow my hair just so I can rip it out?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

G'day Bill - I'll try to explain this as best I can.

If you want your avatar to look like this...............

then a brief explanation will hopefully eliminate the need to grow any further hair

This picture has to be put as the "background" image - not avatar. BUT you still need to put in an image into your "avatar" in order to get it to work........so the ATS geniuses have come up with this image:-

files.abovetopsecret.com...

which is actually a piece of "clean-film" or transparency and therefore does not show up - thus leaving the aforementioned background image for all to see.

NB: Now firstly, open this link & copy/paste this .gif URL (from the address bar at the very top - you will get a white screen - thats OK - you just want the URL) to your profile page -specifically to the avatar URL box. Then hit "submit".
Secondly, upload the aforementioned background image into "my uploads" and open it up so you get the page come up that looks the same as the link you gave me in your question - hit "profile background" and you will be redirected to your profile page - once there AGAIN hit the "submit" button - but this time where it says "background image" - once done you should be done and from there you can leave the .gif image alone and just change out the background image (remembering to hit submit each time) as you feel like it. Remember backgrounds are 180x470 for max effect

Hope that all makes sense mate - let me know how you get on.
edit on 8-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join