It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bush reppin' dat east side to da fullest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
To quote Bush....

"The great threat to our country is that these haters end up with weapons of mass destruction."

Haters?

I didn't really know that Bush had this word in his vocabulary. It comes as a complete and total shock to me that he would use this slang term to describe Al-Quaida. Not that it doesn't fit, but it seems a bit unorthodox.

For all of you who are not aware of what I mean by this, I give you the following. An Urbandictionary definition of the word Hater.

Hater:

A person who feels anger and/or jealousy for someone who has succeeded in something they have worked hard for.
A being who speaks badly,and/or takes negative actions in attempt to create problems for a successful person.

When you make it out the hood, a friend can turn into a hater.
"T-Bo" dropped a dime on "Big Mike" just because Big Mike was makin some change! T-Bo a hater!

This is one Bush-ism that I can actually listen to without cringing. However, the nexus one just seconds prior is another story.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Oh, come on...

not even a chuckle?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I will have to give him a huge

Bush is a playa, to da fullest (ie. playing the American public)!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
When I heard this last night I asked, "Did he just say haters?"
Bush certainly has a way with words! Now, I know I'm not the only one that found it strange.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Not being familiar with da hood, I didn't realize that 'haters' was a slang term and I didn't think anything of his use of it. Haters is the noun form of the word hate and is every dictionary that I know of.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Oh, come on...

not even a chuckle?

I heard it. It would be funny if it were a mistake, but it was on purpose.

Part of the "Bush is my Homie" soft tour.

You see the signs behind newscasters on CNN and Fox, you see the T-shirts at rallies. I don't know who they're after with that. African Americans? Latinos?

Hard to say since it's always white frat boy types holding the signs and wooting it up for the camera, but it's part of the same "grassroots" campaign.

Bush is my homie... Don't be a hater.

Like don't be a Girle Man.?

It's macho crap. But that one was no slip IMO. He was going for the cheers in smoky frat houses. Yeah! Stop those Haters Home Boy! Or Bush just forgot the word for terrorist. Anything's possible.

Bush Homie T-Shirt

Ridiculous. If Bush is my home boy, I must be The Man. :shk:

top topics

join