It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dwarf Series X Trailer is here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Finaly! I don't know about you lot (esspecialy those outside the UK), but i've been looking forward to the new series of Red Dwarf ever since the Back To Earth special. From the trailer, it seems to of gone back to it's classic ways, and many will be happy to hear, that the laughing track is back (there has been quite abit of critisism over the lack of it in the Back To Earth special, IMO it didn't effect the comedy at all, but each to their own).

It should be aired around the September/October time on Dave, so without further adew (sorry for the spelling, never had to write that word before :/) Here is the trailer!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

From the trailer, it seems to of gone back to it's classic ways, and many will be happy to hear, that the laughing track is back (there has been quite abit of critisism over the lack of it in the Back To Earth special, IMO it didn't effect the comedy at all, but each to their own).

Are you serious? Someone actually LIKE the recorded laughter? I find it insulting to my intelligence being told when to laugh or not. I canĀ“t stand watching ANYTHING with recorded laughter. Anytime a family member looks at something like that, my first thought is "great, sheep-mode on".

Can you please link to where anyone critizised leaving it out, as i find that extremely hard to believe...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sounds like good news

I wasn't that keen on the Back to Earth special if I'm being honest..Especially after all the build-up to it.

But I'm hoping this new series will produce some great episodes!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
COOL!!

I've been a fan of Red Dwarf for a long time. But I have to ask: what is Dave? I'm assuming it's a UK thing and I live in the States. Does this mean I won't get to see it for about 10 years?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There will be a few on IMDb, alot of people i've spoken too said that they missed the laughing track, and i read it a few times on some IMDb threads, alas that was a long time ago, I appologise I don't have the time to hunt and find

I personaly don't mind a laughing track as long as it isn't over done (many american sit-coms such as Friends, Two and a Half men, and so on), really grinds my gears,lol.

Once again, i appologise that I don't have the time to start hunting through year old threads to find the critism, but it is quite a common one, but if i can't provide the proof, I understand your skeptism.

Can't wait for the new series to start though

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
COOL!!

I've been a fan of Red Dwarf for a long time. But I have to ask: what is Dave? I'm assuming it's a UK thing and I live in the States. Does this mean I won't get to see it for about 10 years?

Yea, Dave is a UK channel that plays re-runs of old programs. You see many refferences on BBC comedy pannel shows to the channel for them showing topical programs 5 years after. I was watching a topical sketch show last night on it (Dead Ringers) that was done in the build up to the invasion of Iraq

You should be able to catch the program on tvduck.com or sidereel.com and watch it online though, so you won't have to wait 10 years

Oh yea, just to clear up why it's not on the BBC anymore, Dave brought the rights to the program so that they could produce Back to Earth and this series if Back To Earth was successful enough.

top topics

join