It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St. Louis not as bland as debate audience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Did anyone else notice that just about every question was asked by a middle-aged white person? (not to mention the moderator & candidates) While I think I saw 2 African-Americans in the audience, it was clearly not a 'slice of America.'

During the debate, I was commenting to my wife that people were going to get a bad impression of St. Louis (where we live). It's really more diverse than shown in the audience at this 'debate.' Along with blacks & white, we have sizeable Hispanic, Bosnian, Indian, and Asian communities.

I guess I just find it sad that not only did they limit the issues disscussed, but they crafted the audience to look like a Barry Manalow Concert!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yeah, but then, many people knew this was coming.

It's not uncommon, plus you recall that Debate tickets were only issued to a certain number of people.

I don't know how they manage it, but they've always got the target audience riveted. Rich Whiteys.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
I don't know how they manage it, but they've always got the target audience riveted. Rich Whiteys.

Ahhh, but not too rich. Remember, Kerry's tax increase would only affect himself, Bush, and Charlie Gibson!

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Ahhh, but not too rich. Remember, Kerry's tax increase would only affect himself, Bush, and Charlie Gibson!

What was up with his comment? He said that by LOOKING around there he could see that only there would only be 3 people affected.

Since when can you look at someone and determine how much money they make? Was he looking for jewelry? Going by hair cuts? The lack of botox injections and the obvious need for plastic surgery? What??

O.K., granted I didn't think it looked like a crowd of socialites but I would have NEVER just assumed especially OUT LOUD that these people were making less that 200K! Didn't that bug anyone else?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Wasn't it said at the start that the audience only consisted of those who were still undecided on who they would vote for? Does that say anything about those who weren't there? Not really.

new topics

top topics

join