It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video of a gun saving multiple lives!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

found another source, more timely, dated just yesterday which supports the one in my last post which was dated oct,27 2011. now mind you they say overall crime is down, but that is not what we are talking about.
were talking about homicide, guns, wackos and billy bad asses.
Toews takes the credit after Canada reports lowest crime rate since 1972 … just as Harper heads to Toronto gun summit
from above link

But there was an increase in 2011 in homicide, sexual offences against children, impaired driving and most drug offences.

The crime rate numbers from Statistics Canada come just as Canada’s largest city is having a debate about violent crime after several public shootings this summer.

The Prairies saw higher violent crime rates than the rest of the country. Winnipeg had the highest homicide rate among major cities in 2011, according to StatsCan. Manitoba had the highest provincial homicide rate for the fifth straight year. Winnipeg had a six per cent increase in the severity of violent crime. Saskatchewan had the second highest homicide rate, followed by Alberta.

so lets review these,it looks as if the stats are for the previous year, from my post above is 2010 and this one is for 2011. and they are saying in this that overall crime is down, "but there was an increase in 2011 in homicide, sexual offenses against children, impaired driving and most drug offenses."

seems to me most canadian criminals are turning into a bunch of, drug using, beer swilling drunk driving, pedophile, killers. numbers don't lie.

candada the civilized country eh?

oh here are the stats from my last post, so you don't have to scroll back.

and i thought that i would include this link, which shows the crime stats.
Police-reported crime for selected offenses, Canada, 2011

edit on 25-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
The way i see it is it's America's problem. If enough US citizens feel strongly against guns then they can vote in a president who’s all for gun controls.

I didn't see from whence you hail so forgive the short civics lesson. In The United States of America there are powers that are granted to the federal government and the rest like local laws and policies regarding gun ownership, permits and licensing are reserved to the States and or the people.

A concealed carry permit is governed by State law not federal and varies from location to location. The reason behind that is America's diverse landscape and population. It can vary from densely populated urban areas to wide open plains with no one for miles.

Where I live almost every adult I know over the age of 21 without a legal problem has a concealed weapon permit. One has to take the training course, qualify on the weapon you want to carry and pass a criminal background check. There are only 10K people in 702 square miles or 15 per mile. We have 1 Deputy Sherriff on duty at all times – three of the cities in the county have a regular policeman or two the rest have no law enforcement other than the County Sherriff. Response times are 45 min with sirens blaring from one end of the county to another since most of the roads are dirt or gravel country roads. Out here it makes good sense to have a permit.

Compare that with say Chicago or NYC- hell NYC has like the world’s fourth largest army for a police department and people stacked on people. See they have pretty strict gun laws, I am not saying I agree with them even in those circumstances but hey they vote for the politicians who make the laws so whatever works for them right.

The problem is when their State Senators want to impose their strict laws on me out where I live… That I have a problem with. I don’t live there by choice – nothing intrigues me about city life, there is nothing I like about their politics there. I don't want them to live by my rules...please don't make me live by thiers.

Bottom line is what works for one locality may not work in another – gun control is not a federal one size fits all issue. Leave it to the locals to decide what rules they want to live under.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

How long do you think your fist will carry you ? An axe handle will beat you down . A stun gun will beat you down and trouble come to you unexpectedly .

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by getreadyalready

You are not talking to someone who wants to listen to your statistics.
You are dealing with pure and unbridled emotion which seems to be the case with most people
who are for tighter gun control.

Leave statistics out if it.

I want to know from one of these people if they were in the situation the guy from Conneticut was in would he want a gun in his hands.

The reason these people will never answer this question is because either way they answer, they are screwed!!
Don't believe me??
Try it for yourself.
Ask this question to a GUNOPHOBE.

Either

A. YES I would want a gun - which makes you a hypocrite.

or

B. NO, I would not want a gun - which makes you stupid.

So, which one do you want to be?

A hypocrite

or

Stupid?

I Sure would like an answer to my question.

Tick tock, Tick tock.
I'm waiting.

Me thinks I'll be waiting for a while.
I won't hold my breath.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Just a suggestion, if I may. Attempt to type slowly and perhaps use caps. You may want to try using smaller words then YES or NO. maybe one grunt for yes and a half grunt for no.

And you are correct. Most UK folks will never answer your very simple question.
He will not answer, for then he would appear the fool. HE has a HUGE EGO and the bottom line always with folks of his ilk will be........ ready ? " I don't like guns and no one should have them but the police and Military " I'm perfectly content with carrying a gun. I've never had to use it perhaps due to my stature 6'4 220 and I ain't fat. I'm also not a loud mouth buffoon claiming " My hands are my weapons " I think that is hilarious. It's all in fun UK guy so don't get ya nickers in a bunch.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
This should be our future...

A New Era of Worker Ownership?

All over the country, people—like the workers of Chicago’s New Era Windows—are building worker-owned cooperatives that root jobs in the communities that need them.

www.yesmagazine.org...

I've always loved the idea of worker-owned business. There is no better incentive for productivity and innovation than being directly rewarded for your efforts, as opposed to begging your boss to please recognise your value and possibly find it in his heart to grant you a pay raise (Can you tell I've had problems at work?).

As for the anti vs. pro gun ownership argument, the anti-gun crowd live in a fantasy world or faries and unicorns if they believe that more gun laws are going to have any effect whatsoever on criminal behavior.

There are more gun laws in the U.S. than ever in our history.
There are more criminals in the U.S. than ever.
Therefore, it's a fact that anti-gun laws have no effect on reducing crime.

Detroit, NYC, LA, and Washington D.C. have the toughest gun laws in the nation.
All of these areas are among the most violent in the country.
Therefore, it's a fact that anti-gun laws have no effect on reducing violence.

Simple, isn't it?

No, gun owners do not, in fact, base our arguments on emotion as was suggested. We don't have to, we have an abundance of facts to back up our argument. And yes, we do listen to the anti-gun people, and all they do is ignore facts and reduce the discussion into a name-calling contest, and when we refuse to partake in the childish banter they declare victory.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by ezekielken

lol you are the schooolyrd bully. you should look into that. and i am laughing at you, not with you

edit on 24-7-2012 by ezekielken because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by ezekielken because: (no reason given)

School yard bully? Lol. Nope. You step out of line and put me and my family in danger, you better be carrying a gun and better use it because I know a whole bunch of laws that allow me to hospitalize you or worse.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

So you do approve of violence to solve problems--just your own particular brand of violence. What do you mean by "in the hospital or worse?" I thought you said no materiel was worth a human life yet you seem to imply that you would be perfectly willing to take a life with your fists. It does not seem to be a consistent belief system.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

P.S The guy was released from hospital within 15 days. No charges laid.

Should of...sorry...should've been, since you were the physical aggressor. I would of...dang...I would've had your pansy butt behind bars.

Of course, that's assuming your "imposing figure" would of...crap...would've been vertical.

/TOA

No matter how many time you can play it in your head, if it were you showing me your gun to intimidate me, you would be in hospital too.

Gun owners beware, you carry, and if you step out of line, I and other will unleash hell upon you because we all know when little ignorant chumps get there butts beat infront of girlfriend they will pull out their gun, thats why i "FINISH HIM".

Look kid, I worked security for many years, I have hospitalized, disfigured and disarmed many people. I have no fear, I move quick, steadily without out mercy. Think twice before you try to intimidate someone with a gun.

Wow, and you call Americans violent people. You seem to take joy in physically intimidating and injuring people. I've never seen a self defense shooter in the US take such pleasure in hurting other people. Usually the response is "it was a horrible thing but I had to do it." You seem to enjoy it, so it is probably a good thing that you don't have a gun as I doubt that you could control yourself. People tend to project their own proclivities upon others and it seems you project violent tendancies and lack of self control on others because you have some self control issues yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join