It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video of a gun saving multiple lives!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

You didn't dispute my facts that Canada is in fact higher in homicide rate, despite their tighter gun laws, you just repeated it, so I can assume you finally agree with that fact?

As for your later statements, you don't speak for everyone here, there are plenty who have seen my qualities, and my faults. I have real life friends that are also members of ATS, and I have ATS friends that I have met in real life. You only speak for yourself, and not very effectively I might ad.

As for all of your other worthless attacks, you are not going to goad me into some back and forth about who is tougher, I made my offer, I'm not vengeful, nor backhanded, nor dirty, I'd be happy to put up or shut up, under any circumstance of your choosing. We can do it for an ATS video, we can do it for charity, we can do it privately in your backyard, I don't care, I just hate when guys like you talk a big game but refuse to put their words to the test. Call me names all you want, its just internet babble. I don't carry my gun for guys like you, I don't carry it to avoid fights (although I know some disabled or elderly guys that carry it specifically for that reason, and I respect that), but I actually enjoy a good fight. I carry my gun for those situations like the pharmacy in NY, or the theatre in Colorado, or those late nights with a flat tire on the side of an interstate.

People who know guns, know they are a last line of defense, and one that we hope to never need, but we have them anyway, just like we have health insurance, car insurance, smoke alarms, and a spare tire in our trunk. We don't want to use any of those things, but we still have them just in case.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Omg, lol. sigh

Originally posted by getreadyalready

The US had a homicide rate of 4.8 per 100,000 residents, while Canada had 5.1. Canada is higher.

The murder in Canada rate is 1.5 and not 5.1, but concerning guns it so much less than that. Your lack of reading comprehension has left you with a dunce hat again. 5.1 is the homicide rate per 100000 in Winnipeg and encompasses all crime and methods but thats nothing compared to U.S. I understand the education system in the states is not that great.

Gun deaths per 100,000 population (for the year indicated):

Homicide Suicide Other (inc Accident)

USA (2001) 3.98 5.92 0.36
Italy (1997) 0.81 1.1 0.07
Switzerland (1998) 0.50 5.8 0.10
Canada (2002) 0.4 2.0 0.04
Finland (2003) 0.35 4.45 0.10
Australia (2001) 0.24 1.34 0.10
France (2001) 0.21 3.4 0.49
England/Wales 0.15 0.2 0.03
Scotland (2002) 0.06 0.2 0.02
Japan (2002) 0.02 0.04 0
www.gun-control-network.org...

Ya I can see how you think Canada is Higher. They are above the states on a map but doesnt mean the crime is higher. Sorry kiddo. Stay in school.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Your statistic showed "Gun deaths" "Homicide, Suicide, Other." Not just suicide, and not Homicides from all types of weapons Stop trying to skew the issue in your favor, although I appreciate you at least showing some data for a change.

Yes, in the US the weapon of choice is guns, but Canadians still find ways to murder each other more often than Americans.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Your statistic showed "Gun deaths" "Homicide, Suicide, Other." Not just suicide, and not Homicides from all types of weapons
I am surprised you can even turn your computer on. You made no sense yet again. Get some sleep. My stats showed GUN DEATHS. I have proven with facts that you dont know anything worthy of discussing.

.Yes, in the US the weapon of choice is guns, but Canadians still find ways to murder each other more often than Americans.

Maybe pictures can help you, sorry its not in colour.

The higher number means more. Canada is under the United States. Give up child.

Im through with you. Stay in school chum.
Gun deaths per 100,000 population (for the year indicated):

Homicide Suicide Other (inc Accident)

USA (2001) 3.98 5.92 0.36
Italy (1997) 0.81 1.1 0.07
Switzerland (1998) 0.50 5.8 0.10
Canada (2002) 0.4 2.0 0.04
Finland (2003) 0.35 4.45 0.10
Australia (2001) 0.24 1.34 0.10
France (2001) 0.21 3.4 0.49
England/Wales 0.15 0.2 0.03
Scotland (2002) 0.06 0.2 0.02
Japan (2002) 0.02 0.04 0
www.gun-control-network.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tramadolnights
Lol, Americans.

For the record, I LOVE your screenname, even if you are anti-american. Tramadol is a pretty worthless painkiller, but at least it isn't addictive, and it doesn't create a lot of accidental overdoses.

Tramadolnights is pretty funny.

Gun control is not funny though.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You are looking specifically at "gun deaths." In countries where guns are restricted, they find other methods, that is why it becomes necessary to look at overall homicide rate, not just gun deaths. In fact, in the US, over half the gun deaths are suicides, whereas most other countries do not even report suicides, because they are not crimes.

Pull a similar graph for overall homicide rate, like I did, and see how that looks to you.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Should try watching frankie boyles tramadol nights. Nice bit of british comedy at its most extreme

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Pull a similar graph for overall homicide rate, like I did, and see how that looks to you.

Im sorry I have been rude. I for a moment thought you knew what you were talking about and now I know who you are and what you can comprehend. Here is some facts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

You have failed in this thread to prove anything but shed a dumb light on gun owners which I know they arent. There are many responsible gun owners. Dont speak for them please unless thats your hidden agenda is to make gun owners look stupid.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
65% percent of homicides in the great usa are caused by guns opposed to 8% in England.... I wonder why.

Stupid wankers.

Yes carrying guns is working.

compare knife stabbings though.

what is the rate comparison ?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Wow, didnt think mexico would be so low?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Ok, now we're getting somewhere, I appreciate the sources, even though you still insist on insulting me, but contrary to your belief, I don't run out and shoot every bonehead that insults me. Wouldn't mind making you look like your avatar, but that's another story.

As for your wikipedia source, did you follow it back to see what types of crimes were included? In the US Data it includes the following....

Murder and
nonnegligent
manslaughter
rate

And it gets to the 4.8 per 100,000 occupants.

In the Canada source they are broken down and reported separately between "homicide" and "other violations causing death." The total is 711, with a population f about 35 million, that is a rate of a little over 2.1. Lower than the US. Different sources, different numbers, but this seems credible. Good statistic, and Canada wins that one.

However, same sources, looking at the "Total Violent Crime" at the bottom of each source, Canada has 1318 per 100,000 occupants, whereas the US has 403.6 per 100,000 occupants.

SO...... I wonder why Canada would have more than triple the amount of violent crimes committed against its citizens? Could it be because they are unarmed?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Comparing knifes to guns? Thats like comparing a skateboard to a car

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

So if an idiot like you steps out of line, you think you dont hace the right to be put back in line? You think your gun gives you the right to be an ass without suffering the consequences?

LOL - you are a classic internet badass...been a while.

First off I have not been in a verbal or physical altercation outside of combat since I was like 15.

Adults, don't do that. I get along with everyone for the most part even if I have to look a fool and walk away - there is no insult or slight worth dying over. Again, adults don't settle things with fights - if anyone assaults me it will be their last act I assure you. I won't wait to see if they’d just like to "beat me up" or kill me. The law doesn't require it.

You are cracking me up. Mental age -15 tops. I'll beat you up if you piss me off...are you the type to think it is your right to physically assault someone for an insult or a disagreement? How did you put it - "if you feel the need to put someone back into line". Who they hell do you think you are? Unless you are a law enforcement officer in the execution of an arrest any laying on of hands is assault and a crime and gives the victim the right to use force up to and including deadly if they feel their life is in danger... If you look or act half as crazy as you sound I don't think anyone would have a hard time justifying your death in court.

My point, I see an idiot carrying and if I feel my life or the lives of friends family and the innocent are in danger, youre going down, doesnt matter how many cans you shoot in the alley way I will not hold back. Gun means you just agreed to a face breaking, I will make sure you dont get up for days and that you are disarmed when you do.

No, not really see the law here is that I can carry a concealed weapon if I want to and have a license - if that makes you feel scared and you act wihtout provocation you will either be dead or in jail. Not even a law enforcement officer can "beat someone up" if they see someone carrying a gun. They can ask to see my permit and that's about it. I guess in your world you think you are the police? Gun...get em! Ye haw... As for skill and training with a handgun I was both a Special Forces Officer and a Soldier for about 17 of my 24 years in the military. Disarmed - I doubt it very much.

My physicality has saved lives and I will continue to do so.

If you are responding to a verbal disagreement or insult with your fists you are way more of a menace to society than a lawful gun owner any day.

There are people that use illegal drugs responsibly. Whats your point. Drugs are bad and so are guns.

Now you are insulting our collective intellect... illegal drugs are, wait for it - illegal. Guns are not, again, wait for it -illegal. Not even remotely close to making a logical analogy.

Gun owners think they are tough but they are the true cowards legal or not.

Personally, I think someone who thinks they can win a gunfight with their fists is watching too much action TV. Anyone who pulls a firearm without shooting it simultaneously might as well not have one.

I dont give a crap if people like dislike me. It only means that we are on the right track.

My guess is if you go around "giving our whoppins" you are probably disliked because you are a bully and a douche.

While after 24 years in the military I think I can hold my own in a fight - I am not going to wait and see if it's just some tough guy who wants to fight or a person who wants to beat me to death... I don't have to wait or ask. I would rather assume the worst reduce the threat to a meat sack then take my chances with the law.

I don't have to be big or "physical" I can; however, use deadly force against someone who is and I'm fairly cool with that. I have taken lives, signally and en mass using rifles and bombs from aircraft - one more won't make me hesitate at all. Sure I might feel bad for your Mom or something but that's about it.

Oh, and no one shows or points the "butt" of the gun at someone - for the record the bullets come out the other end. That is called brandishing to show a gun as a threat. To pull it and shoot someone; however, is self defense, big difference. No one brandishes a gun as a threat unless they want to go to jail - if you feel the need to pull it go all the way and pull the trigger too. If you feel the need to pull it - you'd best use it.

There are no warning shots, stop or I'll shoot requirements. In fact under the law you are better off just killing someone than wounding them - only one side of the story.
edit on 25/7/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LockNLoad

Pwned. < snip >

Pwned?!?!? So you are telling everyone in this thread that you are some kind of Billy Bad Ass, and yet you use the "word" "pwned"??? Come on be truthful, you're nothing but a 15yo keyboard warrior.
edit on 25-7-2012 by LockNLoad because: (no reason given)

I was gonna say 16 - 17, living in his parents basement.
There, he can live out his fantasy of being a protector of the public, with an xbox controller.

Law abiding gun owners should not be punished because some nutjob goes off and kills people.
It has been stated time and time again: If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

First off, Thank you for your service.

Secondly, It only allowed me to star you once.

What this kid doesn't understand is that a true bad-ass would never get online and go on and on about what a bad-ass he is. The minute you start going on about how many people you've "given a whoopin' to", you've already flagged yourself as an "internet badd-ass" not to be confused with a "true bad-ass".

Something I have always taught my students and it has always helped them to understand
the difference between a "bad-ass" and a "bully" is this.

Beating someone to a pulp doesn't make you tough nor a bad-ass.
Beating someone bigger than you to a pulp neither makes you tough nor a bad-ass.
When someone beats YOU to a pulp and then......You get back UP and keep getting back up????
Congratulations, you are a bad-ass.
This is ONLY assuming that what you are fighting for in the first place is justifiable.
Honor and pride have no place in justifying a fight.

"It is not how hard you can hit, it is how hard you can GET hit and still keep going that makes a bad-ass".

I have had the pleasure of being trained by some of the baddest of the bad (which in no way makes ME a bad-ass) and can only chuckle when I see people like this "internet tough kid" because he seems to not understand one very VERY important "law of the Bad-asses" It is one I remind myself of daily.

No matter how much of a bad-ass you THINK you are,
there is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS A bigger badder ass than you right around the corner.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

well, well , well, looks like your indigenous people in nunavut didn't get the memo that canada is a peaceful world.
better run over there and give them their whoppins, before they drive the stats right through the roof. or is nunavut
one of the place's that you would just move from and write off.

Nunavut’s homicide rate tops in Canada

i do realize that nunavut is the least populated territory or is it a province, not real sure we have states down here. and that they don't say how the the murders were committed. but all of you are saying homicide rate so there it is. stats are a numbers game and you can't argue the math. and you do realize that if the population was as big as the U.S.your numbers would be higher.meaning that the likely hood of the wackos and criminal element would increase.

i find the next few excerpts from the above link to be quite telling and maybe see a trend forming.

Nunavut’s homicide rate was also six times more than in the U.S. and 18 times more than found in the nearly homicide-free countries Denmark, Switzerland, Hungary and Japan.

Homicide rates were generally higher in western Canada, led by Manitoba and Saskatchewan. The exception to this trend was in Nova Scotia where the rate rose 39 per cent to its highest level since 1998 and the third highest rate among the provinces.

and this one, same as in the U.S., which if you want you can ask any homicide detective in any city.

As in previous years, victims of homicide were most likely to have been killed by someone they knew.

and here are your wackos/

Between 2000 and 2010, 621 persons accused of homicide were suspected of having a mental or developmental disorder, representing 13 per cent of persons accused over this period.

Approximately one-third of accused murderers with a suspected mental or developmental disorder had been previously convicted of a violent offence.

correct me if i am wrong didn't first england and then canada try to wipe out the inuit and other indian tribes. now first think about the indian schools before you answer, the last one which was closed in 1996," canadains", what peaceful civilized people they are. and now they always want to yell about how the U.S. did it.
and how do you think they did that, at the point of a gun, cause the indians were more manly men than all the canadians. they had to be because of their life style, and the fact that they didn't get guns until late in the game like their cousins south of them.

i see you had some more people challenge you and you still haven't accept the invites eh? come on and man up.
hoser and show the world.

edit on 25-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Well said, star for you.

2nd

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Golf66

First off, Thank you for your service.

You are most welcome - I don't think there is any other profession I'd ever considered. I miss it.

Originally posted by Screwed
"It is not how hard you can hit, it is how hard you can GET hit and still keep going that makes a bad-ass".

I have served with some truly bad ass operators over the years and not a one of them ever got into a fist fight with someone...

The baddest ass of them all has to be my Pashtu Interpreter in Afghanistan - man loved his country and was really good at his job. All of 100lbs soaking wet he carried his weight and then some in the field and when he got shot in the thigh and was bleeding out insisted on translating for me while we dealt with the rest of the prisoners since no one else could.

He lived for about 15 minutes with an IV line wide open in each arm translating away until he passed out and died right there in my arms. May peace be ever upon him.

He never even fired his weapon at an enemy he was my personal hero in my little piece of the war.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Let's see if he qualifies shall we?

Originally posted by Golf66
he got shot in the thigh and was bleeding out insisted on translating for me while we dealt with the rest of the prisoners since no one else could.

He lived for about 15 minutes with an IV line wide open in each arm translating away until he passed out and died right there in my arms. He never even fired his weapon at an enemy

= Bad-ASS!

See, it is people like you describe that I respect.

I would be far more afraid of a man who, no matter how much or how hard I hit him he just kept getting back up than I would be of a guy who just beat the piss out of me.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there.
The point is, the particular poster is trolling for emotional resonses from the ATS community as have have pointed out before and at this point we have about SEVEN pages dedicated to feeding this emotional vampire.

I have seen some pretty bad cases of IBA syndrome.
This may be the worst though.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Way, way back in the early days of this thread I said discussing gun control on ATS is pointless. Both sides have compelling arguements for why there should or shouldn't be gun controls. The way i see it is it's America's problem. If enough US citizens feel stongly against guns then they can vote in a president who's all for gun controls.

To discuss it here is just asking for trouble, it always ends up the same way.

My view is there's already a lot of guns floating around the US and to ban them, then get them out of circulation would take at least a couple of generations. Best just make it an automatic 10 year felony conviction if a pre-convicted criminal is found in possesion. Also tighter controls in handing out licences, maybe an interview with the local LEA. It's a tricky situation , a simple BAN THEM ALL will not solve everything.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join