It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video of a gun saving multiple lives!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

How did someone with nothing interesting to say, and no intelligent way to back up their arguments survive on ATS since 2009?

Maybe you should move on over to BTS, or at least the Aliens forum where the debates don't require facts, statistics, or even personal experience, but you can just speculate and make sideways comments all day? Hmmm? More your cup of tea?

ETA:
Hmmm, by the looks of your threads, you are more of a cut and paste, and one-liner kind of guy, but I see that you are in Ontario, so perhaps you would be more interested in discussing your OWN MASS SHOOTINGS that occur in your safe little bubble?

or maybe your happy with you government focusing its energy on important issues like loud motorcycles.

edit on 24-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This kind of rethoric is EXACTLY why gunowners keep getting heat. They dont see a problem that is there. In Switzerland every swiss male is subject to the draft. After their service, they get to keep their military grade high powered rifle, which combined with their training they can use to repell an invasion by Lithuania or something, or play Wilhelm Tell if taxes get too high.

Americans on the other hand have guns falling in the hands of thugs and those who arent thugs lack any training to use their rifle in a way to depose a corrupt goverment or fend off an invasion. Killing time at the range is not training.

These are things good gunowners need to fix, getting conceivable guns off the streets and military grade stuff in the hands of law abiding and trained citizens, because the goverment has no interest in a well organised militia which uses guns responsibly and is effective with them. They rather have a gun culture of pistols, that cant compete with military rifles, are favoured by criminals and create a gun culture that can be shamed and in the long run broken.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

How did someone with nothing interesting to say, and no intelligent way to back up their arguments survive on ATS since 2009?

Maybe you should move on over to BTS, or at least the Aliens forum where the debates don't require facts, statistics, or even personal experience, but you can just speculate and make sideways comments all day? Hmmm? More your cup of tea?

ETA:
Hmmm, by the looks of your threads, you are more of a cut and paste, and one-liner kind of guy, but I see that you are in Ontario, so perhaps you would be more interested in discussing your OWN MASS SHOOTINGS that occur in your safe little bubble?

or maybe your happy with you government focusing its energy on important issues like loud motorcycles.

edit on 24-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

Starred from liejunkie.

Priceless

The only thing I will add is good for the guy in the video.

My biggest regret is that I cannot own a gun because of a few ignorant decisions years ago.

I live in Illinois

One of these days I want to arm my mother to the teeth though

edit on 24-7-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by getreadyalready

So what happens when a mental giant like you gets out of line and a physcial man like me steps in and gives you and old fashioned whoopin infront of your girlfriend ( if you swing that way) , what are you gonna do, pull your piece?

I don't know about him, but as for me, I've been carrying a concealed gun for about 20 years on and off, but consistently for 15. I've been in MANY fights...... knives and baseball bats.......I had a gun in my possession. Never needed it so far, but it was always there...... I've had to disclose it to the police in the aftermath .........

Sorry to hear you live in such misery. What a terrible place and existence.

O I thought I was going to be a goner, and I really didn't even think my 9 mm was going to be enough to matter, so I just took the little 5.0 convertible, spun it around with the tires spinning, and headed right at them at full speed! They moved, and I was out of there! I had the gun, was glad I did, but didn't need it.

That must of looked so cool. Should of put on youtube cool guy. How gangsta
edit on 24-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

I think it is abundantly clear by now that you are trolling for emotional responses from the ATS community.
Thankfully they have so far shown nothing but class and respect.

Ohhh, by the way....Were you going to answer my question today?
I sure would appreciate it.

Here it is again in case you missed it the other two or three times I asked.

ahemmm,

If YOU were in that mans shoes would you want a gun?

It is a simple question really.

A. YES

B. NO

Let's see if you can give a direct answer without just answering a question with a question.

Tick tock.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

A. YES

B. NO

Let's see if you can give a direct answer without just answering a question with a question.

No, I would let them take what they want for no life is worth any material.

I will tell you though, when I was in Toronto, some guy was arguing with his wife and started getting pushy, so I walked up to them and asked if everything was ok, I am quite the imposing figure, the guy got scared and flashed the butt of his gun, before he could put his shirt down he was on the ground convulsing from my fist making love to his face. And just because he was carrying a gun, I gave him two solid cheekbone busters while he was shaking. I called police. when they arrived the guy came to. Later the cop told me I did a good thing knocking him out and that he was a licensed gun owner. Cop said in all likelihood he would of used it.

If youre gonna carry, youre gonna pay for it.

P.S The guy was released from hospital within 15 days. No charges laid.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yes, thats right. The incidents i heard on the scanner were only reported cause they were attempted robberies on businesses. And they had security camera footage...

As for my handguns, lmao. I usually carry a 1911 .45 with 5 inch barrel, but some outfits just cant work around that. Honestly i just refuse to sell any guns cause no one wants to pay what theyre worth!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Honestly i just refuse to sell any guns cause no one wants to pay what theyre worth!

But aren't things only worth what people are willing to pay for them?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

yes, emphatically yes. my ruger and my glock please!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

lol you are the schooolyrd bully. you should look into that. and i am laughing at you, not with you

edit on 24-7-2012 by ezekielken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

[

I will tell you though, when I was in Toronto, some guy was arguing with his wife and started getting pushy, so I walked up to them and asked if everything was ok, I am quite the imposing figure, the guy got scared and flashed the butt of his gun, before he could put his shirt down he was on the ground convulsing from my fist making love to his face. And just because he was carrying a gun, I gave him two solid cheekbone busters while he was shaking. I called police. when they arrived the guy came to. Later the cop told me I did a good thing knocking him out and that he was a licensed gun owner. Cop said in all likelihood he would of used it.

one day your gonna try to give some one a whoppin, and your gonna find your manly ass lying in a pool of your own blood with a big ol whole in the middle of your forehead. cause there is always some one who is always a little bigger, faster and thinks two steps ahead of you. it doesn't pay to stick your nose in someone else's business.

if it was me you would have never got within a arms reach, if you step towards me i step back two, and i'm also pretty big and pretty fast. gave a lot of whoppins and taken a few myself. after the last no more. i'm also to pretty to take a chance on getting my mug all messed up. i'll just pull my .45 and put a dot on your forehead.

you see i know what sight picture and sight ailment mean. so theres very little chance at that a close a range that i would miss you. so you go on and keep on being billy bad ass if you want, me i'll trust my colt .

edit on 24-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

one day your gonna try to give some one a whoppin, and your gonna find your manly ass lying in a pool of your own blood with a big ol whole in the middle of your forehead.....

Well if we can get the guns out of 1/2 wits, criminals and people who cant spell 'hole' then maybe the chances of that are slim.

if it was me you would have never got within a arms reach, if you step towards me i step back two, and i'm also pretty big and pretty fast. gave a lot of whoppins and taken a few myself. after the last no more. i'm also to pretty to take a chance on getting my mug all messed up. i'll just pull my .45 and put a dot on your forehead.

You would have to like a good coward would. Im guessing you meant "too pretty" instead of to.
They should do a basic grammar test before issuing guns.

i'll trust my colt .

People like you have to, thats my point.

Next time i lift my shoe I will say hi to you.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken

lol you are the schooolyrd bully. you should look into that. and i am laughing at you, not with you

School yard bully? Lol. Nope. You step out of line and put me and my family in danger, you better be carrying a gun and better use it because I know a whole bunch of laws that allow me to hospitalize you or worse.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

A. YES

B. NO

Im sorry but im gonna throw out my BS card and no Cop would be thanking you for "Assaulting", a person and possibly making matters worse than they would've been if you would've just called the police to intervene when you noticed the couple causing a scene. That is their job, thats what they do and if story is true which i highly doubt that it is, you would've been the one going to jail for "Assault". There is always 2 sides to every story, maybe the guy just found out she was having an affair with his best friend, most people don't take to well to that kinda news and if so you could understand that guy getting into a heated argument with his woman, now if he's hitting her then you have the right to step in but in a war of words you have absolutely no right under any law butting in playing hero, that is what you call the police for in America, but Canada may be different they've always been bass ackwards, aye.

Some people feel the need to try and tell others over the internet just how badass they are and 9 times out of 10 they are full of BS and this story wreaks of it, sorry but have to call it when i see it.
edit on 24/7/12 by Aliensdoexist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensdoexist

Im sorry but im gonna throw out my BS card and no Cop would be thanking you for "Assaulting", a person and possibly making matters worse than they would've been if you would've just called the police to intervene when you noticed the couple causing a scene.
Sigh, sorry as a citizen I have the responsibility to protect those in need. It took 2 seconds to put the gun owner down, a little faster than calling 911 and having his girlfriend admit he showed me gun and me hopping into my rover help a little I am sure.

That is their job, thats what they do and if story is true which i highly doubt that it is, you would've been the one going to jail for "Assault".
The gun owner showing me his gun was justification for me to smash his face, what a good cop.

There is always 2 sides to every story.....
Show me the butt of your gun and I will show you one story.

Some people feel the need to try and tell others over the internet just how badass they are and 9 times out of 10 they are full of BS and this story wreaks of it, sorry but have to call it when i see it.

No, but it seems intelligence is not a factor when acquiring a gun.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Well if we can get the guns out of 1/2 wits, criminals and people who cant spell 'hole' then maybe the chances of that are slim.

please is that all you got.pull the spelling nazi trick. or insult someones intelligence.

You would have to like a good coward would.

you don't know me, you have no way of knowing how brave i am. i don't make a habit of telling every body, how big and bad i am. it's been my experience that those that brag about there deeds, are generally
full of b.s.

People like you have to, thats my point.

there again you don't know me, so how do you know what i am like. you can't judge somebody by every thing they type. for all i know, you could be some little pip squeak who is acting all big and bad.

and if you want to find out what i am like or if i'm as big and fast as i said, you have a open invention to come to floridia and find out. well go down to the gym and climb in the ring and go at any style you want.

Next time i lift my shoe I will say hi to you.

i have no idea what you mean by this, maybe you are saying you'll squash me like a bug, or maybe referring to stepping in something. in either case please see the response above.

edit on 24-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeuronDivide
Here's another good example

Your example is a good example of stupidity.

These criminals came in and were calmly going to take the money. Instead some old man opens fires and puts everyone in danger, shots fired everywhere it is a miracle someone innocent did not get shot.

What an idiot.

That guy is a hero, give criminals a dose of what they deserve. That guy's shots were well aimed, he wasn't taking blind shots never pointed his weapon at any people in the cafe, if you watch closely when he crosses the person standing with his hands in the air you'll see him pull his gun back and sidestep to avoid the innocent guy, he knew what he as doing and maybe had previous police experience or military training, I haven't read anything about that story so don't know anything about it other than what I just watched in the video. He's a hero in my book and should get a medal for his bravery. Sure people were in danger, as soon as the robbers walked in that cafe every single persons life was in danger, had he not shot them maybe this would've been similar to the Colorado incident but we'll never know because he stopped it from escalating.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

You mentioned putting a dot on my forehead twice. Only scummy people lacking intelligence, moral, dignity and respect say stupid things like that. Youve mentioned how tough you are and how you will not hesitate to kill. Youre a sick guy.

I am come from a world with peace and when there is no peace the culprit can easily be found with alcohol abusers, gun owners, criminals and outsiders.

You are under some insane delusion that all legal gun owners are smart and responsible. Many of these criminals obtained their guns legally. Havent you been paying attention?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Flame away. This is security camera footage of a robbery last year at one of our local walgreens pharmacies, in Benton Harbor, michigan. The pharmacist, Jeremy Hoven, shot the thugs, thwarting the robbery and possibly saving the lives of everyone working that day. The shooting was ruled as justifiable, and this is a perfect example of why law abiding folks should have guns. Jeremy was fired and sued the store. Local gun owners refuse to go there. Better fired than dead.

This # happens often in benton harbor, and i spend a lot of time there. Usually no shots are fired, but i have on several occasions heard the police scanner talk of robberies at gas stations where a worker drew a gun and the thugs fled, resulting in the police spending hours looking for them. I spend a lot of time in benton harbor as its rigght next to st joseph......

Anyone who thinks they can get rid of the criminal supply of guns is insane, therefore we should have access to what we choose to defend ourselves with. I own 4 handguns so i can carry with any outfit i wear.

The thing I love about all of these videos where the thugs actually get confronted? They are all tough as nails until someone has a gun too. Then they run like the wind.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeuronDivide
Here's another good example

Your example is a good example of stupidity.

That guy is a hero, give criminals a dose of what they deserve. That guy's shots were well aimed

Firing into an open street in broad daylight @ 0:32 seconds shooting the FLEEING suspects as they did not return fire. Even the criminals had more intelligence not to open fire and if they did there would of been multiple casualties. What an idiot.

Would he have been a hero if he hit someone, a child in a carriage?

IF it were possible to eliminate all guns then the criminals would have a hard time getting them. Guns are usually purchased legally then sold or stolen.

Im against booze and guns. Call me a visionary. I dont expect to make many friends along the way.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Im sorry but im gonna throw out my BS card and no Cop would be thanking you for "Assaulting", a person and possibly making matters worse than they would've been if you would've just called the police to intervene when you noticed the couple causing a scene.
Sigh, sorry as a citizen I have the responsibility to protect those in need. It took 2 seconds to put the gun owner down, a little faster than calling 911 and having his girlfriend admit he showed me gun and me hopping into my rover help a little I am sure.

That is their job, thats what they do and if story is true which i highly doubt that it is, you would've been the one going to jail for "Assault".
The gun owner showing me his gun was justification for me to smash his face, what a good cop.

There is always 2 sides to every story.....
Show me the butt of your gun and I will show you one story.

No, but it seems intelligence is not a factor when acquiring a gun.

Showing the butt of a gun as long as its not drawn is not justification for you to "Assault" the guy, if it were to be drawn then you would have a right but holstered you have no right, maybe in your mind you think you do but this guy sounds like he was an idiot that didn't have much experience with a weapon he's Canadian so that goes without question. Guys still use that Monopoly money up there, aye.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join