It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video of a gun saving multiple lives!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I suppose that if everyone was unarmed then spooks would have a less dangerous job shadow herder.
I wonder if the second amendment is getting in the way of some goals?
I believe that thugs and criminals will have to answer for the people left in the wake of certain agendas.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
65% percent of homicides in the great usa are caused by guns opposed to 8% in England.... I wonder why.

Stupid wankers.

Yes carrying guns is working.

See this thread.

Your numbers are skewed. The overall violence rate is much higher in England, even though the guns are restricted, and the population is smaller. Over half the gun deaths in the USA are suicides, while many other countries don't even report suicides. When you compare over all crime rates per capita, the US is way on down the list. There are plenty of sources in that other thread.

Also, the UK has just as many gun rampages as the US does. In fact, the majority of gun rampages occurred in places with extreme gun restrictions. Maybe its because the population was helpless?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

65% percent of homicides in the great usa are caused by guns opposed to 8% in England.... I wonder why.

There are lots of people being stabbed to death in England every year, instead of being shot. They are both violent cultures. Switzerland is an example of a country that has a lot of guns but a very low crime rate.
edit on 24-7-2012 by NeuronDivide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm going to guess neither side of the argument will like what I say, but the problem is not guns, it's capitalism.

In short capitalism creates artificial scarcity as a part of it's nature, there are no profits in abundance. A large class of society is always going to be poor, it's not just the domain of the lazy. The lazy are not criminals, the lazy are at home watching the goggle box.

If the workers owned the means of production we could produce for our needs. Property crime would become almost non existent in a world of overproduction. The violence that goes along with property crime would all but disappear.

If you accept, and support, a system that creates inequality, and class divisions, than you have to understand, and accept, the problems it creates. Or decide to change...

..or stay paranoid and arm yourself to the teeth. It really is up to you...

edit on 7/24/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You are not talking to someone who wants to listen to your statistics.
You are dealing with pure and unbridled emotion which seems to be the case with most people
who are for tighter gun control.

Leave statistics out if it.

I want to know from one of these people if they were in the situation the guy from Conneticut was in would he want a gun in his hands.

The reason these people will never answer this question is because either way they answer, they are screwed!!
Don't believe me??
Try it for yourself.
Ask this question to a GUNOPHOBE.

Either

A. YES I would want a gun - which makes you a hypocrite.

or

B. NO, I would not want a gun - which makes you stupid.

So, which one do you want to be?

A hypocrite

or

Stupid?

I Sure would like an answer to my question.

Tick tock, Tick tock.
I'm waiting.

Me thinks I'll be waiting for a while.
I won't hold my breath.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Possibly the smartest thing I've read in a long time.
You sir are to be commended for your intellect.

No, I'm not being a smart ass.
Thank you.

Star from me.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Trying to convince fans of the seconds amendment on ATS about stricter gun controls is like trying to get the Pope to take up Islam. It's like religion, never mind how much you argue the case for gun controls it's never going to be heard.

Just for clarity i think it's too far gone in the US, i'd buy a tank and have an m60.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I don't believe this video at all. It looks staged to support the 2nd Amendment.

Originally posted by Screwed

If you need a gun then you are in the wrong place around the wrong people and maybe you are the wrong person.
Tougher gun laws do keep guns away from the unstable and criminal. It helps.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

Yeah like this guy who clearly lived in the wrong neighborhood and hung around the wrong people.
He should have just moved and none of this would have happened.
You're a genius.
Why didn't I think of that?
Your logic is astounding.
You are a mental giant living amougst a bunch of barbaric idiots.
JUST MOVE!
So simple yet sooo, effective.

People like you truely amaze me.

Well the fact is that mental giants like yourself that need to carry weapons probably couldnt defend himself physically due to a lack of it and most likely live in a lower class even if you think you dont.

When people carry guns they eventually use them. People like you are not all intelligent and a master of self control most likely you are the opposite.

So what happens when a mental giant like you gets out of line and a physcial man like me steps in and gives you and old fashioned whoopin infront of your girlfriend ( if you swing that way) , what are you gonna do, pull your piece?

I wouldn't allow you that close. And if, by some miniscule chance you were to get that close, I wouldn't need my piece to take care of a mental giant like you. But, if by some even more miniscule chance you gained the upper hand, and I felt my life was in danger, you'd be ventilated.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I don't disagree but i do think the problem is not in the form of control only the control itself.
In other words i haven't found a better system or model.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Trying to convince fans of the seconds amendment on ATS about stricter gun controls is like trying to get the Pope to take up Islam. It's like religion, never mind how much you argue the case for gun controls it's never going to be heard.

I'm all for the argument, I appreciate the opportunity to toss out facts instead of speculation and emotion.

Please show me anywhere in the world where gun control has actually worked.

If guns are so dangerous, with 280 million of them in the US as of 2007, and probably WAY MORE than that now, then how come we aren't all dead yet? There are 5 guns in my home at this very moment, thousands of rounds of ammunition, a 100lb dog, a 5 year old and a 4 year old, and yet no one has been shot, no one has been bitten, no one has been arrested, and even though I have one of the larger homes on this particular street, we've never been robbed? The neighbors have been robbed, a couple of times, but not my house. Wonder why?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I totally agree. The current world situation will no doubt encourage many of us to return to nature-based technology and self-sufficiency, which will solve these problems of scarcity!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

There's zero problem with intelligent, law abiding people having guns, it's everyone else you have to worry about. I think ANOK nailed the problem, inequality, criminal classes and a generally violent society. Even in a perfect society there's still going to be the occasional crazy person with a grudge against innocent people. I really don't know the answers. Maybe in the future when they can scan people's brains and screen out all the dangerous people we can all relax but untill then people are going to keep getting shot, stabbed, punched, garotted, burnt, eaten and generally messed up.

and yeah i know the brain scanning things a whole differrent converstation about human rights and state control

edit on 24-7-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hey what about the Skandinavian countries. They have a high percentage of gun owners. Some even with silencers which are legal and recommended over there so that when you go hunting you don't disturb your neighbors.

How come gun crime is so relatively low in those countries?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Hey what about the Skandinavian countries. They have a high percentage of gun owners. Some even with silencers which are legal and recommended over there so that when you go hunting you don't disturb your neighbors.

How come gun crime is so relatively low in those countries?

How come crime in general is so much lower in some countries than the US, guns or no guns?

Because it has nothing to do with guns. It has to do with your economy and the HUGE rich poor divide you have.

Of its 30 member states, most of which are also members of the European Union, the United States has the largest gap between its wealthiest and poorest households after Mexico and Turkey, according to the report, "Growing Unequal?", which was released at OECD headquarters in Paris Tuesday.

Rich-Poor Divide Worst Among Rich Countries

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Good manners, good education and a low level of social disparity !

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

So what happens when a mental giant like you gets out of line and a physcial man like me steps in and gives you and old fashioned whoopin infront of your girlfriend ( if you swing that way) , what are you gonna do, pull your piece?

I don't know about him, but as for me, I've been carrying a concealed gun for about 20 years on and off, but consistently for 15. I've been in MANY fights...... knives and baseball bats.......I had a gun in my possession. Never needed it so far, but it was always there...... I've had to disclose it to the police in the aftermath .........

Sorry to hear you live in such misery. What a terrible place and existence.

O I thought I was going to be a goner, and I really didn't even think my 9 mm was going to be enough to matter, so I just took the little 5.0 convertible, spun it around with the tires spinning, and headed right at them at full speed! They moved, and I was out of there! I had the gun, was glad I did, but didn't need it.

That must of looked so cool. Should of put on youtube cool guy. How gangsta

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

" If I had my gun I would of shot him". Thank goodness he didnt. Hate to see someone die over a few bux or a chocolate bar.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

That's your response.

I guess its easier than providing any support to your baseless, naive, and entirely emotional argument against guns.

Ya, it was pretty cool actually, although scary as hell at the time, and no, my existence is extremely rewarding. In fact, shooting a gun is extremely entertaining, but I am much more complicated than that, I like all sorts of things, and I have all kinds of life experiences. The thing I would despise would be living in your safe little bubble. Do you even have any decent scars to tell stories to the kids and grandkids? Because I can tell stories all day and night, and they will check out if the kids decide to go looking.
I couldn't stand a safe and boring existence, and so thankfully, that is not the existence God laid out for me.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

That's your response.

I guess its easier than providing any support to your baseless, naive, and entirely emotional argument against guns.

Ya, it was pretty cool actually, although scary as hell at the time, and no, my existence is extremely rewarding. In fact, shooting a gun is extremely entertaining.....

We need a another flood God!. Wash away these people. Sigh.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

I don't disagree but i do think the problem is not in the form of control only the control itself.
In other words i haven't found a better system or model.

A better system than capitalism? Maybe you're just not looking hard enough?

This should be our future...

A New Era of Worker Ownership?

All over the country, people—like the workers of Chicago’s New Era Windows—are building worker-owned cooperatives that root jobs in the communities that need them.

www.yesmagazine.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join