It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video of a gun saving multiple lives!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Flame away. This is security camera footage of a robbery last year at one of our local walgreens pharmacies, in Benton Harbor, michigan. The pharmacist, Jeremy Hoven, shot the thugs, thwarting the robbery and possibly saving the lives of everyone working that day. The shooting was ruled as justifiable, and this is a perfect example of why law abiding folks should have guns. Jeremy was fired and sued the store. Local gun owners refuse to go there. Better fired than dead.

This # happens often in benton harbor, and i spend a lot of time there. Usually no shots are fired, but i have on several occasions heard the police scanner talk of robberies at gas stations where a worker drew a gun and the thugs fled, resulting in the police spending hours looking for them. I spend a lot of time in benton harbor as its rigght next to st joseph......

Anyone who thinks they can get rid of the criminal supply of guns is insane, therefore we should have access to what we choose to defend ourselves with. I own 4 handguns so i can carry with any outfit i wear.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Video brought a smile to my face. Thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well this is the USA, home of the Wild Wild West afterall. Can't say much has changed since then

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Yeah...I'm about done with the threads intentionally starting blowouts between pro-gun and anti-gun people. At the very least, this is an attempt to sway views, and given how well the previous threads went, I don't think it'll be successful, which you should have known to begin with.

Every object can be used to save or destroy. That much is obvious. And seeing as how no one has a great solution for the matter, let's leave it be, yeah? How about trying to find out the REAL reason Aurora Dude went crazy?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Not trying to start a war or anything. And i know there are people malleable enough to be swayed. By the way, i will take an antigunner to the shooting range and let him fire my weapons, at my expense. I bet theyd enjoy it.

nusnus, the wild west was LESS violent in the day. Look up some newspaper archives of shootings from the famous towns like tombstone. Wyatt Earp killed less people in his lifetime than the aurora shooter did. Most shootinga back then were between two fools at a saloon where they were mutually at fault. Not such a big deal like massacring innocent people. Even highway men, who robbed stage coaches, were very polite. They usually only stole the box with the gold in it. This way the public didnt care much and so they werent cracked down on...
edit on 24-7-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
In an intelligent world guns would not be needed. If you need a gun then you are in the wrong place around the wrong people and maybe you are the wrong person. Too bad the wrong people are everywhere.

Sorry for the people that believe they need the to carry weapons. My fists are weapons but I also dont live in a place where fighting, crime, violence and utter stupidity is the norm, but if it were I would move. People are stupid and I would rather move than have to feel the need to carry projectile weapons to 'protect' myself.

Tougher gun laws do keep guns away from the unstable and criminal. It helps.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Criminals are into crime because it is easy. Make it hard, and they don't want to do it.

Being a difficult victim means not being a victim at all! Being a passive, unarmed, willing victim makes crime easy, and that is what criminals want.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Usually no shots are fired,

In most of these incidents police are not even called as the average citizen is afraid to get in trouble for exercising their right to self preservation.

I own 4 handguns so i can carry with any outfit i wear.

Now your'e killin me smalls.
Ala don't be a menace to south central.
What do you think, nike's and the tech 9 or adidas and the uzi?

Accessorize!!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
If you need a gun then you are in the wrong place around the wrong people and maybe you are the wrong person.

My fists are weapons but I also dont live in a place where fighting, crime, violence and utter stupidity is the norm, but if it were I would move.
and I would rather move than have to feel the need to carry projectile weapons to 'protect' myself.

Yeah like this guy who clearly lived in the wrong neighborhood and hung around the wrong people.
He should have just moved and none of this would have happened.
You're a genius.
Why didn't I think of that?
Your logic is astounding.
You are a mental giant living amougst a bunch of barbaric idiots.
JUST MOVE!
So simple yet sooo, effective.

People like you truely amaze me.

People are stupid

indeed.

Let me ask you a question you are sure to avoid answering by simply answering with yet another question.
But hey, I'll give it a shot.

If YOU were in that mans shoes would you want a gun?

It is a simple question really.

A. YES

B. NO

Let's see if you can give a direct answer without just answering a question with a question.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Exactly, and the affluent family raising a dozen or more foster children in Pensacola were just bad people too. That's why the Ninja attack on their huge home left them both dead and all the children homeless and in mourning.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

If you need a gun then you are in the wrong place around the wrong people and maybe you are the wrong person.

Yeah like this guy who clearly lived in the wrong neighborhood and hung around the wrong people.
He should have just moved and none of this would have happened.
You're a genius.
Why didn't I think of that?
Your logic is astounding.
You are a mental giant living amougst a bunch of barbaric idiots.
JUST MOVE!
So simple yet sooo, effective.

People like you truely amaze me.

Well the fact is that mental giants like yourself that need to carry weapons probably couldnt defend himself physically due to a lack of it and most likely live in a lower class even if you think you dont.

When people carry guns they eventually use them. People like you are not all intelligent and a master of self control most likely you are the opposite.

So what happens when a mental giant like you gets out of line and a physcial man like me steps in and gives you and old fashioned whoopin infront of your girlfriend ( if you swing that way) , what are you gonna do, pull your piece?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Here's another good example

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Well the fact is that mental giants like yourself that need to carry weapons probably couldnt defend himself physically

You've got me pegged.
I have studied and taught martial arts for 28 years but......you've got me pegged.

Your powers of observation are astounding to say the least.

I noticed you refused to answer my question though.

It's expected.

Here it is again in case you missed it.

If YOU were in that mans shoes would you want a gun?

It is a simple question really.

A. YES

B. NO

Let's see if you can give a direct answer without just answering a question with a question.

edit on 24-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeuronDivide
Here's another good example

Your example is a good example of stupidity.

These criminals came in and were calmly going to take the money. Instead some old man opens fires and puts everyone in danger, shots fired everywhere it is a miracle someone innocent did not get shot.

What an idiot.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Hows the view from that ivory tower?
Does your neck hurt from looking down on everyone below you?
The guy in the video saved lives and this is not the first time.
I hope the day doesn't come when the guy wit the biggest punch runs roughshod over the weak.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

So what happens when a mental giant like you gets out of line and a physcial man like me steps in and gives you and old fashioned whoopin infront of your girlfriend ( if you swing that way) , what are you gonna do, pull your piece?

I don't know about him, but as for me, I've been carrying a concealed gun for about 20 years on and off, but consistently for 15. I've been in MANY fights in that time frame, and I've taken away knives and baseball bats from people, but never once have I even had to mention that I had a gun in my possession. Never needed it so far, but it was always there. I've had to disclose it to the police in the aftermath a couple of times, but never gotten in any trouble.

One night in a back alley of Dallas, TX, and a car full of mexican gang-bangers followed me and a friend as we made a wrong turn into a dead end. I thought I was going to be a goner, and I really didn't even think my 9 mm was going to be enough to matter, so I just took the little 5.0 convertible, spun it around with the tires spinning, and headed right at them at full speed! They moved, and I was out of there! I had the gun, was glad I did, but didn't need it.

I posted This personal story a year or two ago. Had my gun that day, but didn't need it, glad I had it though!

I've also posted many, many times on ATS about the dangers of relying on a gun in a close combat situation. The gun is a last line of defense, not a first. Depending on a gun to save your life is probably a mistake. Mine is for use when I am isolated, stranded, in the safety of cover, or with distance between me and an attacker. Mine is never to be seen, but better to be felt, then heard, but never seen. I hope everyone that carries a gun feels the same way.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
65% percent of homicides in the great usa are caused by guns opposed to 8% in England.... I wonder why.

Stupid wankers.

Yes carrying guns is working.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

These criminals came in and were calmly going to take the money.

How can you be certain of this? Anything could have happened

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

65% percent of homicides in the great usa are caused by guns opposed to 8% in England.... I wonder why.

Stupid wankers.

Yes carrying guns is working.

Were you going to answer my question?
Or, just pretend I didn't ask it?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Yeah...I'm about done with the threads intentionally starting blowouts between pro-gun and anti-gun people. At the very least, this is an attempt to sway views, and given how well the previous threads went, I don't think it'll be successful, which you should have known to begin with.

Every object can be used to save or destroy. That much is obvious. And seeing as how no one has a great solution for the matter, let's leave it be, yeah? How about trying to find out the REAL reason Aurora Dude went crazy?

How is it an attempt to sway views, its the "Truth", this stuff happens everyday throughout this country and you dont hear about it in National Media so people pay no attention to it, if the clerk hit a silent alarm how long do you think it would've taken police to respond? Not saying anything bad about police, I was raised by one but they have to first figure out the situation, figure out a solution and think of all the variables before they even enter the building and thats not even counting the 5-10 minutes it would take for a cruiser to even pull in the parking lot.

Its the National Media that are trying to sway your views by only reporting on the big headlines that they think people want to hear about and and inserting their own personal opinions telling you that guns are bad, guns are the enemy and we must ban them and that will solve violent crime. You've eaten a steady diet of brainwashing by the Media and do not even see it, national media has "swayed" your views already. So how is this guys video of a security camera footage with no commentary, no personal opinions trying to sway anyones views or make you believe their own personal agenda is the truth? Its just the truth in the video with no BS personal opinions.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join