It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone broke into my neighbors house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
So, somebody broke into the house of the guy behind me, around 8:30 am. His son just happened to be home; he's usually at school at that time, but for some reason he stayed home late. The person backed their car up to the garage door, then went around back and broke their sliding glass patio door with one of those window punch things for when your car is underwater. The son scared him away or something, I don't really know the details. Nothing was stolen and nobody was hurt except for the window.

My next door neighbors are from India. They are Christian missionaries or something, not real sure. The woman knocked on my door today and was asking me what happened with the guy behind me, so I told her what I knew of the story. I jokingly said that I was thinking of taking my computer and laptop to work with me so it wouldn't get stolen, and she started saying stuff like "The Lord will protect us" and "Cover your house with the blood of Jesus" (wtf? that's sick, yo). I just kind of ignored it but she said again something about Jesus would protect us (in the same context of preventing our things from getting stolen), and the hypocrisy was so overwhelming that it was actually making me uncomfortable. I said "I doubt it", and she was insistent, like "Oh, no! He will!", and then really cranked the religiosity up to 11. I thought I was going to puke on her shoes. The guy behind us is Christian, and The Good Lord didn't protect his sliding glass door from getting busted. I highly doubt Jesus Christ gives a # if I have a television or not. And if the guy had broken in and stolen all of my stuff, she undoubtedly would have said it was "The Lord's will" and told me that material things are worthless and all our treasures are in Heaven blah blah blah.

UGH. I'm really starting to hate all religions. All the double standards and the logical fallacies and the slippery fail-safes, like "you need to have faith" as an answer for anything unanswerable... really sickening.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
next time tell her - pray in one hand s*** in the other see which one fills up first ... their primitive barbaric superstition wont protect a thing ... get couple big dogs .. alarm and a .45 then you have protection ..
good to hear nobody was hurt in the attempt .. keep an eye out though the burglars may try to return later to try again

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Did you, or anyone else, actually see the car?

There is possibility of it not being a coincidence that the son 'just happened to be home'. Maybe he broke it, and then came up with this rather extravagant lie.

If so, then he does deserve a bit of recognition for his creativity.
Well done kid. That was a good one.

edit on 7/24/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That's the way religious folk use their religious propaganda: The lord/god will protect you. But if something happens and you weren't protected, it was the lord/god's will.

Puhlease....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Oddly enough the people who live across the road from me were burgled, from what i now know, they had a bunch of stuff taken, but the brain in me is not so sure they haven't done an insurance job.
Why would the husband take the kids to spain, (the unruly talkative kind that might well have been a problem with the investigators around if they had heard something) the wife go to her mothers, (in the same town) taking the attack dog with them?.
Previous occassions the dogs have been left behind at home and someone has come to feed them.
A bunch of other stuff that seems a little contrived.
Jesus wasn't there for them either, or, maybe he wasn't because it IS an insurance job???,

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I would of sic 'ed my dog on her. Too funny.

I use to have the bible thumpers come to my house until I put a sign up about my attack dog. Needless to say they don't come around much anymore.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

join