It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun sales soar after Colorado shooting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by acmpnsfal

seriously ??

Ok lets see, if you are not hunting or at a gun range, what other possible reasons would there be to pull out a gun?
1. to clean it
2. to inspect it
3. to practice with it
4. to target shoot it
5. to share with friends
6. to train with it - loading, unloading, safety measures
7. to teach others
8. to provide mortal defense should it be required
9. my mortal kombat skills are rusty so it serves as a quality back-up

Lol, share it with friends? You cannot be serious. You are talking about a gun like its a pokemon card or something.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I cant speak on your personal trauma or experiences.
you could, you just choose not to and that's ok ... however ... i'm not missing the fact that you could agree that i was not only well within my right to behave in such a manner but having access to the tool that accomplished it is equally my right, as well as everyone else's.

but i do understand, that wouldn't serve the agenda of the day.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Alright guys this seriously isnt fun anymore, lol. Your points are getting more and more absurd. Im out. See you around.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by bowtomonkey

I'm am sorry,. but are you retarded? Seriously, there are 20 million registered hunters in the US. You gotta be a troll.....

Seriously. Get real!

All I hear is that gun owners need guns because bad guys have guns.

Now you tell me that they are necessary for hunting, a new argument which you just brought forward, but felt fit to insult me with it, as if I was supposed to know that you had any relevant arguments to back yourself up with.

Who is trolling who here??

My argument still stands. None of the pro-gun people here use their weapons for any useful purpose at all. The main use of guns in America by a massive degree is to hold people up at gun point, murder people and basically threaten. If in case 5 years ago you shot a rabbit, bully hoo. From the arguments presented here, that hunting trip is vastly outnumbered by life threatening situations because of criminals with guns.

This is what I'm hearing.. dodge and change the story if you will. (I would) You simply can't argue the proliferation of gun ownership makes Americans safer, when the rest of the world don't need guns to protect themselves, (unless you rate Afghanistan as your peer)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

It seems fair to me to say that, based on the actual usage of guns in America that the tool is primarily used to rob people at gun point.
ok, so how does restricting law-abiding citizens keep guns out of the hands of criminals ??

this is the sole question you refuse to answer.
please try.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

and here, we have panthers, snakes, vicious free-roaming dogs, lots of drug deals, drive-by shootings and home invasions (weekly).

which of these should i NOT prepare to defend against ??

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

When you talk stupid like this:

When was the last time you did any of these things..? no wait, let's be real (because I can see how your views are coloured by emotion). How many American gun owners do any of these things?

The answer is none of them.

Be prepared to be called on your stupidity. I cannot believe that anyone can actually be stupid enough to believe that tripe? You must be trolling.

20 million of us hunt, and it is our right. Many of us also have guns made for defense. That is also our right.

My argument still stands. None of the pro-gun people here use their weapons for any useful purpose at all. The main use of guns in America by a massive degree is to hold people up at gun point, murder people and basically threaten. If in case 5 years ago you shot a rabbit, bully hoo. From the arguments presented here, that hunting trip is vastly outnumbered by life threatening situations because of criminals with guns.

There are 300 million guns in the US at least, check those agains how many are used in any crime. You really expect anyone to believe that bit of stupidity?
edit on Wed, 25 Jul 2012 02:44:49 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

You are telling me that you pulled a gun on an unarmed person.
no, i shot a person/intruder who was not armed with a gun.

I'm Australian and your rate of gun crime over 100 times higher. I told you that it is 1st page news.
well, my story made several papers here, couldn't say why you didn't read it there.

If you can't answer me without misquoting me, don't bother. I'm done with you. You are reckless and unhinged and proof that the right to bare arms in America is a failed ideal.
shame, shame ... if i did such a thing, please link it rather whine or would you prefer some cheese?

I have no problem whatsoever with people owning guns.
good, then quite griping about it.

since you're not American or living in OUR environment, why don't you concern yourself with the guns in your neighborhoods, not ours ?

America has suffered extensive damage from the Gun Control crowd, need proof ?
gunowners.org...

ETA: psssst ... i've been around since before Brady became a household & political name.
and yes, i do remember 1st hand, how it used to be.
and yes, it was better then.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

what information do you deem so damning ??
and what does this have to do with the topic of this thread anyway ??

i'm glad gun sales are on the rise, as it should be.
i'm sad that it took such a tragedy to motivate the public to action.
i'm afraid, it won't be the last.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Also, mental illness usually presents itself in early adulthood about the time someone would buy a gun if they were eager to get one
this is pure hillarity

children as young as 8 target shoot with their own guns.
children as young as 16 go to war and fire weapons civilians don't even have.

and you want psyche ameteurs to evaluate and restrict the same ppl who bleed for your freedom to make such ridiculous demands ... have you no honor whatsoever ?

are you guys that afraid of returning vets or what?

We live in America. Children do not go to war at 16 here. Although they are allowed to practice at rifle ranges, im ok with that.
got news for you, if it were legal, i'd list 12 names who have graduated boot camp before their 17th birthday ... so, don't yammer about what you don't know, eh?

children at age 16 can and have voluntarily joined the services and many moons ago, died for your freedom, respect it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

i have no such unfounded fear.
a right is unalienable ... you nor any other has authority to remove/restrict it.

with or without a gun, i can brew a bomb in my kitchen, can't you?

glad to hear that you don't care about my rights, so tell, why the heck should i care about yours ??

funny thing is, i'm arguing for OUR rights, mine and yours.
thanks for the back-up
... at least my gun is dependable.

this isn't about nerve gas and if i had it, i wouldn't be advertising it, so kinda like CCW, how would you know?

if i'm unbalanced believing we should be equally armed, then the government must really be off-their-rockers to be creating that stuff, don't ya think ??

no, i stand in the same place i did when we started this discussion.
GOOD for the citizens of Colorado ...
here, here and up the irons.

the more the merrier ... a well-armed society is a polite society ... been there, lived it.
take Kennesaw GA as an example

gunowners.org...
Kennesaw, GA. In 1982, this suburb of Atlanta passed a law requiring heads of households to keep at least one firearm in the house. The residential burglary rate subsequently dropped 89% in Kennesaw, compared to the modest 10.4% drop in Georgia as a whole.

* Ten years later (1991), the residential burglary rate in Kennesaw was still 72% lower than it had been in 1981, before the law was passed.

* Nationwide. Statistical comparisons with other countries show that burglars in the United States are far less apt to enter an occupied home than their foreign counterparts who live in countries where fewer civilians own firearms.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

So im going to assume you do not know the history of the very thing you are arguing to keep the rights to...crazy.
just what nonsense is this?
care to be specific or are you more comfy running in circles ?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Lol, share it with friends? You cannot be serious. You are talking about a gun like its a pokemon card or something.
yeah, friends and like-minded people.
must be a shame that's not a familiar concept for you.

pokemon cards ?? no, i ship those to my grand-daughter.
my friends have been to wars and back.
my friends and family are service members, hence, guns are common in our circles.
just like a deck of cards is to a family.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

It seems fair to me to say that, based on the actual usage of guns in America that the tool is primarily used to rob people at gun point.
ok, so how does restricting law-abiding citizens keep guns out of the hands of criminals ??

this is the sole question you refuse to answer.
please try.

I don't need to. Places with strict gun laws don't have this problem. Therefore your argument has no merit.

I will say, however that I can be convinced that the problem is too big to deal with by making guns harder to get, although without trying, who knows? I would think that the bigger issue is the level of prisonisation (yes it's a word) because that's where the gangs are learning.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

since you're not American or living in OUR environment, why don't you concern yourself with the guns in your neighborhoods, not ours ?
reply to post by Honor93

I'm not concerned about your environment, but when you spout BS over the internet it is not your environment anymore.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

i don't need to. Places with strict gun laws don't have this problem. Therefore your argument has no merit.
that's a lie and without reference, it cannot be considered in this argument.

since you provide no reference, i will. see Chicago, Los Angeles, New York or Baltimore ... all with very strict gun laws and some of the worst gun crime in the country.
and that's a fact, not one of your unsubstantiated claims.

I will say, however that I can be convinced that the problem is too big to deal with by making guns harder to get, although without trying, who knows? I would think that the bigger issue is the level of prisonisation (yes it's a word) because that's where the gangs are learning.
more hyperbole ?? haven't you learned better yet?
gangs and members learn long before they see a jail or an arrest for that matter.
gangs that now fill our jails, didn't learn it there.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Honor93 because: format

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Guns make it easy, and with guns people get killed - not with homemade bombs.

Quit finding irrelevant examples of non-existent similarities to make your weak arguments.

It's so weird the way you love your guns. It's as if they were your children.

I love shooting and have owned a few weapons but I would never come up with a constant line of BS to protect my "rights". You come off like a spoiled kid, you know. It's worse that this is so common these days and no matter how you cut it, the arguments are so obviously flawed it's outrageous.

If Australia had people acting like you, they'd round you up and make you a laughing stock. What a bunch of extremists you are, that you can't make reasonable arguments based on relevant issues and have to go full bore with propaganda on your fellow Americans - and the rest of the world.

Keep your guns. Many of you know how to use them. Keep your propaganda too. The dumbness is a diseases and we have far more than enough without you soft-cocks BS'ing like a brain fart.

Oh well.. could be worse.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

reply to post by Honor93

I'm not concerned about your environment, but when you spout BS over the internet it is not your environment anymore.

i'd guess it's better that we're spouting BS rather bullets, eh?
if your not concerned with our envirnoment of guns, then why are you complaining ?
what's in it for you?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

since you provide no reference, i will. see Chicago, Los Angeles, New York or Baltimore ... all with very strict gun laws and some of the worst gun crime in the country.

For my reference - see above
Are guns easy to get in these big cities = yes

How you go about making them hard to get is a job for your gov't. Telling me it is your right to own them because criminals do is rubbish. You are going to get a shock when you discover how America's gun crime isn't twice as bad as other countries (like Australia, UK etc). It's not 10 times as bad. It is 100 times worse. Incredible stuff, brought about without any doubt at all because of the ideology that people need to have guns for self protection.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey
reply to post by Honor93

[quote[ Guns make it easy, and with guns people get killed - not with homemade bombs.
homemade bombs can kill more with less effort, what's you point exactly?
don't have to register a bomb, don't have to get clearance to buy the chemicals, don't even need a license for any of it, so what is you argument here ??

Quit finding irrelevant examples of non-existent similarities to make your weak arguments.
i will IF you will

It's so weird the way you love your guns. It's as if they were your children.
well, what can i say, they're part of the family (both kids, guns and a bunch of animals).

the rest was just a nonsensical rant that really doesn't deserve a response.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join