It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun sales soar after Colorado shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Because I have to jump through so many hoops already that it's ridiculous....
Gee, now why would I object to have even more useless hoops to jump through, that are not even effective at keeping guns out of criminals hands? Not to mention, no one is born nuts, it's not predictable if someone is going to go looneytunes.

Ummmm, no. You really do not have to jump through many hoops at all, compared to what people who want to drive a car have to go through. Also, mental illness usually presents itself in early adulthood about the time someone would buy a gun if they were eager to get one.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Spoken like someone who never had to jump through those hoops, and don't care to. That's what pisses me off about people like you. You care about no one but yourself. It's not until someone messes with a right you actually use and cherish that you get offended.
edit on Wed, 25 Jul 2012 01:55:06 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed, 25 Jul 2012 01:57:22 -0500 by TKDRL because: removed redundancy

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

i left the last bunch of children on another playground.
if you aren't at least going to follow along, i'll find another sandbox.

responding to your commentary concerning the following:
weapon vs tool ? they are one in the same.

let's examine this further ...
hammer - tool and weapon
axe - tool and a surprisingly effective weapon
rake - garden tool and a weapon
knife - kitchen/garden/shed/automobile tool, also a weapon
automobile - tool which can be used as a weapon
screwdriver - popular tool and deadly weapon
gun - weapon that can be used as multiple tools
need more ??

are you seeing any similarities here ??
i sure hope so because you're not very good at this game.

State/fraud/coercion = driver license for personal travel only ... need a reference?

sorry for you, i used to live in one of those too, PA to be exact.
however, in FL, we don't have those here.
registrations are good for 2yrs too. (paid in advance of course)

when i purchase weapons from a private dealer, no i don't have to register it.
when i purchase from a dealer, it's registered whether i want to or not.
when i build one, that's for me and with whom i share to know, no others.

1. Drunk drivers are kamikazi the moment they start the engine.
2. when drunk driver are entering highway EXITs, they are kamikazi.
3. when drunk drivers kill another, they are kamikazi.
4. refer to #1

gun owners don't intend on killing another human either.
criminals ?? that's another story.

ps: although i certainly could have, i chose NOT to kill, rather end the threat.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I cant speak on your personal trauma or experiences. But gun during that era in America history were a lot less efficient than the ones today. So if you were in immediate danger it would not be worth the time to stop and load it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

When someone picks up a gun, their intent is to harm someone. Thats the only thing a gun is useful for lol.

You have got to be trolling...... You really think everytime someone picks up a gun their intent is to harm someone? Seriously? No one can be that heavily brainwashed......

Ok lets see, if you are not hunting or at a gun range, what other possible reasons would there be to pull out a gun?
edit on 25-7-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Lol, its not interfering with your right to have a gun at all. It would just be weeding out those who dont need to have them, providing training and knowledge before purchase, and having the state be aware of who has what.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

i left the last bunch of children on another playground.
if you aren't at least going to follow along, i'll find another sandbox.

responding to your commentary concerning the following:
weapon vs tool ? they are one in the same.

let's examine this further ...
hammer - tool and weapon
axe - tool and a surprisingly effective weapon
rake - garden tool and a weapon
knife - kitchen/garden/shed/automobile tool, also a weapon
automobile - tool which can be used as a weapon
screwdriver - popular tool and deadly weapon
gun - weapon that can be used as multiple tools
need more ??

are you seeing any similarities here ??
i sure hope so because you're not very good at this game.

State/fraud/coercion = driver license for personal travel only ... need a reference?

sorry for you, i used to live in one of those too, PA to be exact.
however, in FL, we don't have those here.
registrations are good for 2yrs too. (paid in advance of course)

when i purchase weapons from a private dealer, no i don't have to register it.
when i purchase from a dealer, it's registered whether i want to or not.
when i build one, that's for me and with whom i share to know, no others.

1. Drunk drivers are kamikazi the moment they start the engine.
2. when drunk driver are entering highway EXITs, they are kamikazi.
3. when drunk drivers kill another, they are kamikazi.
4. refer to #1

gun owners don't intend on killing another human either.
criminals ?? that's another story.

ps: although i certainly could have, i chose NOT to kill, rather end the threat.

Uh, I addressed all that already, not rehashing. Keep up.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by Honor93

Its not malicious intent, they did not intend for anyone to get hurt. Thats why most drunk drivers who are involved in accidents where someone is killed gets charged with involuntary manslaughter.

When someone picks up a gun, their intent is to harm someone. Thats the only thing a gun is useful for lol. Its not that hard or complicated.

sorry, but you won't get that one by this recovered alcoholic, try again.
a drunk who drives ... has malicious intent from the moment they start the engine, period.
(an adult who is old enough to consume, knows better)

yes, i know the law, never said i agreed with it.
it's not an accident to intentionally put others at risk.

i pick up my gun daily ... never once had the intent to harm someone.
had intent to clean it, exercise it and even to practice drawing it ... but not once, did i desire harming someone. that's just pure fantasy on your part.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Right, because making people pay hundreds more, and jump through more hoops that aren't going to help is not impeding my right to arm myself. If they started making you get backround checks and pay for licenses to exercise your right to free speech, you would not be happy about that either. It's like talking to a kindergartener here....

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Also, mental illness usually presents itself in early adulthood about the time someone would buy a gun if they were eager to get one
this is pure hillarity

children as young as 8 target shoot with their own guns.
children as young as 16 go to war and fire weapons civilians don't even have.

and you want psyche ameteurs to evaluate and restrict the same ppl who bleed for your freedom to make such ridiculous demands ... have you no honor whatsoever ?

are you guys that afraid of returning vets or what?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

reply to post by bowtomonkey

Probably because it is a useful tool we use? I would defend my right to use every single tool I use. Especially guns. They put food on my table, and keep me safe at night. Protect us from coyotes, wolverines, bobcats, bears, wolves. To hell with people like you who would limit, even more, my right to a tool I need.
edit on Wed, 25 Jul 2012 01:10:10 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

When was the last time you did any of these things..? no wait, let's be real (because I can see how your views are coloured by emotion). How many American gun owners do any of these things?

The answer is none of them.

It seems fair to me to say that, based on the actual usage of guns in America that the tool is primarily used to rob people at gun point.

I wonder if you thought your argument through. I mean, it is a tool and you pretend it is valued by it's actual usefulness, when in all reality a guy just used a gun(s) in a theater full of innocent patrons and everyone here who is arguing that they need them, make the same example of protection from robbers, murderers etc.

By your own admission your tool is 99.99% used to kill, or threaten life and the rest is pure fantasy.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I'm am sorry,. but are you retarded? Seriously, there are 20 million registered hunters in the US. You gotta be a troll.....

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

I cant speak on your personal trauma or experiences. But gun during that era in America history were a lot less efficient than the ones today. So if you were in immediate danger it would not be worth the time to stop and load it.
i don't know where you're going with this but i had more difficulty keeping the phone on one ear with 911 operator and simultaneously reaching the safety with the other hand.
(small hands)
as far as loaded goes, why would i keep an unloaded gun for "safety" reasons ??

the first gun i ever shot was a muzzle-loader and aside from being cumbersome and time consuming to load, it's accuracy was just as efficient as the rifles i shoot today.
(different ammo, better distance -- that's the biggest difference overall)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

hmmm, where did you read that i was threatened by one ?
on the contrary, i was saved by one (mine).

you're dowright lying ... see Wiki for proof otherwise.

i'd like to know where that "here" is ... that place where "laws" prevent gun crime.
i've never read or heard about such a place. where would that be ??

oh, so you have guns in your "here" but no gun crime?
do you really expect ANYONE to believe that?

if you're not against gun ownership, then why are you addressing my example of exercising MY right ?? what's your problem with me or others like me ?

You are telling me that you pulled a gun on an unarmed person.

I'm Australian and your rate of gun crime over 100 times higher. I told you that it is 1st page news.

If you can't answer me without misquoting me, don't bother. I'm done with you. You are reckless and unhinged and proof that the right to bare arms in America is a failed ideal.

I have no problem whatsoever with people owning guns. If I was American I'd have a whole cache because I enjoy weapons. My only disagreement is with the ridiculous BS arguments that are being put forward. I keep hearing people argue they deserve the right to have guns because they want to protect themselves from other people with guns, (which as an Australian and therefore someone who lives in a society with very few guns, and where the owners have passed stringent tests, with many types of firearm illegal to all is obviously completely untrue).

America, listen up. You have a problem with gun crime because too many people have guns and the problem is made far worse by idiots spouting ridiculous excuses which offend the intelligence of all the people in every1st world country that 100 x safer.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

Its not malicious intent, they did not intend for anyone to get hurt. Thats why most drunk drivers who are involved in accidents where someone is killed gets charged with involuntary manslaughter.

When someone picks up a gun, their intent is to harm someone. Thats the only thing a gun is useful for lol. Its not that hard or complicated.

sorry, but you won't get that one by this recovered alcoholic, try again.
a drunk who drives ... has malicious intent from the moment they start the engine, period.
(an adult who is old enough to consume, knows better)

yes, i know the law, never said i agreed with it.
it's not an accident to intentionally put others at risk.

i pick up my gun daily ... never once had the intent to harm someone.
had intent to clean it, exercise it and even to practice drawing it ... but not once, did i desire harming someone. that's just pure fantasy on your part.

Ummmm, thats your story. Clearly not normative of what happens, if you had homicidal tendencies and a death wish thats your problem. Dont try to put that on everyone who drinks and drives. And im supposed to feel confident that you will be safe with a gun, with that information about you? See, this just isnt very convincing at all.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

seriously ??

Ok lets see, if you are not hunting or at a gun range, what other possible reasons would there be to pull out a gun?
1. to clean it
2. to inspect it
3. to practice with it
4. to target shoot it
5. to share with friends
6. to train with it - loading, unloading, safety measures
7. to teach others
8. to provide mortal defense should it be required
9. my mortal kombat skills are rusty so it serves as a quality back-up

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Right, because making people pay hundreds more, and jump through more hoops that aren't going to help is not impeding my right to arm myself. If they started making you get backround checks and pay for licenses to exercise your right to free speech, you would not be happy about that either. It's like talking to a kindergartener here....

Right because I can use my words to physically kill someone. Seems legit.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Also, mental illness usually presents itself in early adulthood about the time someone would buy a gun if they were eager to get one
this is pure hillarity

children as young as 8 target shoot with their own guns.
children as young as 16 go to war and fire weapons civilians don't even have.

and you want psyche ameteurs to evaluate and restrict the same ppl who bleed for your freedom to make such ridiculous demands ... have you no honor whatsoever ?

are you guys that afraid of returning vets or what?

We live in America. Children do not go to war at 16 here. Although they are allowed to practice at rifle ranges, im ok with that.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey
reply to post by Honor93

You say that 'a tool is a tool is a tool'.

So it's just a tool and nothing more.. move along nothing to see here.

If it is just a tool why are you arguing for the sake a mere tool? Perhaps you are a tool too. Is that why?

i'm not arguing for a "tool" but my right to utilize that tool in any manner i see fit.
that is my right, your right and every other person's right.

why can't you accept and dismiss it as easily as you would any other tool you don't/choose not to use ?

why would you be in favor of regulating a right anyway ?

It's a killing tool. Your argument can't be used anywhere. Nerve gas is just a tool too. Would you agree if I told you I had enough to kill a whole city?

You are just hiding behind words because you know that you don't have an argument and therefore fear that you don't have a right.

I don't care about your rights. Why should I care? If I told you it was my right to own nerve gas would you agree based on principles as you suggest I should.

You feel yourself on shaky ground and that is why you're unrealistic.

If you told me that you don't care about the problems that guns cause because you like guns, I could say nothing at all. The problems start when you talk complete and utter BS to me, as if it your right to act like a knob because you can't get your way.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

i don't know where you're going with this but i had more difficulty keeping the phone on one ear with 911 operator and simultaneously reaching the safety with the other hand.
(small hands)
as far as loaded goes, why would i keep an unloaded gun for "safety" reasons ??

the first gun i ever shot was a muzzle-loader and aside from being cumbersome and time consuming to load, it's accuracy was just as efficient as the rifles i shoot today.
(different ammo, better distance -- that's the biggest difference overall)

Wow.....just wow. So im going to assume you do not know the history of the very thing you are arguing to keep the rights to...crazy.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join