It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MICHAEL BLOOMBERG: Police Officers Should Go On Strike If There Are No Gun Reforms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
"I don’t understand why police officers across this country don’t stand up collectively and say we’re going to go on strike, we’re not going to protect you unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what’s required to keep us safe,’"
I bet NYPD would get paid leave on strike the way he sounds. I see most failed to notice the skyrocket in gun sales in Colorado since the shooting. Sounds like people want gun control. At least that's what DC is trying to hear.
Business Insider

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

And again a reform on guns will not stop another tragedy like this.
Criminals will get their hands on guns any way they can.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yes, but he got all these guns legally correct?

Do you think James would have found a gun illegally? Is it that easy in the US?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Sorry but Bloomberg is an idiot and a fake
what the hell?

Protect the people but never release a statement against police brutality...
However release a statement that innocent people shouldn't have the right to own a gun
What if instead of the Batman attacker using guns him and a squad of people went in stabbing everyone, then what ban knives????

And what about the police officer who recently shot his son because he thought he was an intruder?
No more guns for cops?

Instead why not ask the question how come in some protests the "law enforcers" come with sonic weapons?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

I'm not sure. But even if he couldn't get a gun there are plenty of other weapons easily available to him. A home made pipe bomb for example. He probably would have killed more people by tossing a couple of pipe bombs into the theatre.

Point is: gun control is not going to stop maniacs from killing people.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
" Police Officers Should Go On Strike If There Are No Gun Reforms " ......... because they`re tired of loosing all that cash , and want to bring your troops home to occupy your land and stop the foreign invasions ..... to look like "the good guy" again ......... this is wonderful , embrace it

Snakes ! ..... the Olympics start this weekend ............ helloooooooo ............THE OLYMPICS START THIS WEEKEND ....

... If you`re staying put ..... get armed , quickly .... if you`re moving out ......... "god speed"

... and if you survive ....... dont teach algebra ..... infact , forget numbers ..... man is hell bent on numbers

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Of course he does not think you should own a gun. This is the same man who thinks your not smart enough to know what size soda you should buy.

I am so sick and tired of politicians exploting the horrible acts of a few people to futher their own agenda. This usually results in us loosing some other personal freedom. Had he not mentioned the traps at the apartment there is no telling how many people it would have killed. So due we outlaw gasoline. No fireworks for public sale. Will we now have to have a license to purchase electrical supplies?

There will always be evil people in this world. Its has been that way from the begining of time. The fault lies in people, not their tools. Until we address how we deal with these people and stop blaming tools they use we will never make any head way.

As a side note. How long are we going to continue to allow politicians to spout what ever sounds good for the moment. When are we going to make them take about solutions instead of sound bites.
edit on 24-7-2012 by David134 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It really is that easy in the US, along with any other country in the world.
Guns are out there.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
My major question is why would ANYONE side with bloomberg, or any power hungry politician?
Police should protest if there are new gun laws.
Remember with every new law Osama Bin Laden wins, as he has done what he is supposed to have set out to do.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
That is, without a doubt, the emptiest bluff I've ever heard. You think the politicians are going to go without police protection? Do you think local governments won't miss the revenues from traffic tickets? How long before people realize that no one will come after them if they don't pay their taxes?

Given a couple months, I would bet that people band together and start eliminating the gangs infesting their neighborhoods. I think a lot of communities would benefit from a heavily armed populace and no police presence.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Remember with every new law Osama Bin Laden wins, as he has done what he is supposed to have set out to do.

Thank you. We have give up so much of our freedoms in this country in the name of security. Anyone can be made safe. Just depends on how far and deep you are locked away.

" He who would trade liberty for security deserves neither."

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Wel if they do strike they could be replaced by private security. I bet you that would happen if they all went on strike. Blackwater would become the new Police department.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
He said it, but he didn't REALLY mean it... What are we thinking, taking our Politicians at their word?

/s

“I didn’t mean literally go on strike. In fact, in New York, they can’t go on strike. There’s a law against it," the mayor said...

No, cops shouldn't literally strike...
edit on 24-7-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What is scary to me is that the majority of New Yorkers actually voted this dip-# into office.

Are New Yorkers that clueless or is it voting scam...?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If anyone has a vested interest in gun violence, it's LEOs. The question is which is more important to them...safety or job security because that is what it boils down to. Guns directly impact both.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
He said it, but he didn't REALLY mean it... What are we thinking, taking our Politicians at their word?

/s

“I didn’t mean literally go on strike. In fact, in New York, they can’t go on strike. There’s a law against it," the mayor said...

No, cops shouldn't literally strike...
edit on 24-7-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

Yeah, of course cops shouldn't literally go on strike. I guess he is/was suggesting they should metiphorically go on strike. What a dumbass.. Stupid politicians and their word playing games never end.

edit on 24-7-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Does Bloomberg think before he speaks? Ever? How would police going on strike make people give up their guns or support gun reform? If anything it's going to ensure that people want to keep their guns. If there are no police "protecting" us then we have to protect ourselves.

Way to shoot yourself in the foot, Bloomberg. Pun intended.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This guy is a tool.

How about police stop committing violence against civilians? How about we repeal laws that make crimes out of things that are not crimes? How about cops actually do their job and protect and serve, instead of generating income and intimidating the public?

Do it. Go on strike, I dare ya! I'd be happier man. I'm well armed and well trained in using those arms. I don't need some mouth breathing jackwagon to protect me and my family. With the cops on strike I can actually go out on the town without constantly looking in my rear view mirror worried I'm going to get pulled over for some BS, or walk down the street without worrying about getting stopped, tazed, beat, and shot by a dumb copper.

It's not the citizens job to protect the police, it's THEIR job to protect citizens. You know, they actually get PAID to do this job too! How crazy of an idea we actually expect them to do the job they are paid for!

The US is a (sorta) free country. With freedom comes danger and responsibility. If cops are too cowardly to police a nation where LAW ABIDING citizens own guns, then here is an idea, STOP BEING A COP. Why are they so terrified of the citizens in the first place? Is it because they realize the natives are getting restless and worry that in the near future people aren't going to put up with the bull chit the police are constantly spewing? Are they worried the free citizens of this country are soon going to stand up and demand that pig faced coppers leave them the heck alone?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I know that I could go out today and get more than one, off the books.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join