It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holmes had TWO roommates! EVIDENCE that MSM is rewriting the official story before our eyes!!!

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
"quiet edits" are done every day by news orgs... they usually happen for a variety of reasons which are not... nefarious... usually to cover someone's ass... someone that made a stupid mistake... Unless there's more info than, "a story was edited without acknowledgement" I don't see any big conspiracy fodder.

As for Naval connections... so what? What percentage of people have some close relative in law enforcement or the military? A huge percentage in the US, that's for sure.

As for hair dye "taking" - I've never once seen Manic Panic not take... I've had a salon dye not take, but only once... never seen manic panic fail... and I was in a punk band for years... I've had three color hair, red hair, purple hair, blue hair, green hair, etc. NO probs... I'd say that the age of OTC hair dye failing is pretty much over, if you follow the instructions and are willing wait while your scalp is burning

It has less to do with sinister conspiracies and more to do with the subversion of recorded history. Even though we can look far into the past for examples of "subjective history", it's been vital to have a detailed chronological archive of news reports. The OP is speaking to how the coverage of this particular event makes it very clear that we are on a slippery slope. When news was printed or transcripted, any changes to the story would have to be noted in a follow up story or a printed correction.

If news outlets can now take an existing article and edit it without specifics, and further, alter it without any acknowledgement of doing so, our entire foundation of recorded history is threatened. That is the core of the issue. Just because as you say, "quiet edits" are a common practice, doesn't make them right or acceptable. Far from it. This sets a precedent that will impact society, individuals, research, historical cataloging, and essentially reality and truth in a negative way (and has begun to do so already).

The naval connection is interesting, but it would be impossible to glean anything else from it at this point.

...and the last point about Manic Panic colors and the like. Special FX is generally longer lasting. How long bright colors last, and if they take at all depend on a number of factors: level hair has been lightened, porosity, natural hair color, hair type, damage, and so forth. You are right that formulas have come a long way and certainly anyone can give it a go and get good results. But I will stand by my statement that if you have not bleached and dyed your hair a funky color before and have no experience coloring hair, a thousand things can go wrong. It's not like simply throwing any old color over your natural hair, especially when your natural hair is a dark level 2. It's an intensive process that would be awfully time consuming for someone already devoting a great deal of energy to constructing explosive booby traps, recordings, running through the attack, learning how to shoot several types of guns, learning how to gear up, and making sure everything goes according to plan. The last thing you'd want is to deal with a bleaching eff up. "Oh, dang. My crazy guy look is all busted and not fabulous at all!" (as killer walks out with a terrible dye job making him look the fool rather than a scary mass murderer.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by HolographicPrincipal

I don't disagree that the media shouldn't do "quiet edits," but they do... not in just this story, but in dozens of stories, for dozens of reasons.. It's kinda worth a topic of it's own, but isn't evidence of anything nefarious in this case, as far as the evidence I've seen is concerned.

As for the hair dye thing, I think we're basically on the same page, except you leapt to a conclusion I've seen no evidence for. How do you know JH had no history using hair dye. seeing it used by his sister say, or friends, or dying his hair previously? Is that just a guess?

I think, and this is gonna be hard to prove or disprove, it';s just my opinion, but I think that most people these days have pretty decent luck dying their hair wild colours... 20 years ago it was damned impossible without some serious money spent... or very good luck... now, walk down the street inmost cities or go to a festival and there's a million girls with bright green or orange or pink hair... and most of that I'd guess comes from things like manic panic, special fx, etc.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ook33

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
Well, is James Holmes father still going to testify against the bank fraud case or whatever that case was about? Or will his sons "alleged" actions stop him from testifying?? Does anyone have any clue about this??

As longlostbrother said, it was actually a hoax. It keeps coming up in threads about the dark knight shooting, but it has been debunked a lot of times already.

Got it! TY both Ook & Holographic....

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I don't recall seeing any reputable source reporting about James' father's possible involvement, BUT, where was it reported that it was all a hoax? The media's silence on his father...and mother, for that matter, makes me suspicious.

James' defense team will not be allowed to have a defense expert witness in any of the testing done by the prosecution. For some reason when I post the rest of the link it doesn't work. It's in the court document dated 08/16/12.

www.courts.state.co.us...

Is anyone a lawyer in here? Is that just normal procedure when it's been requested by the defense? I'm kind of curious why the judge would order that in such a high profile case. Wouldn't he rather be safe than sorry?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CinnamonHearts

I read that an expert from the defense will be allowed to be present for any testing that could destroy evidence, but not for any other test (ie a test which does not risk to destroy evidence). That's not being denied a presence to any test at all.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ook33

You're right, I just reread it.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CinnamonHearts
I don't recall seeing any reputable source reporting about James' father's possible involvement, BUT, where was it reported that it was all a hoax? The media's silence on his father...and mother, for that matter, makes me suspicious.

James' defense team will not be allowed to have a defense expert witness in any of the testing done by the prosecution. For some reason when I post the rest of the link it doesn't work. It's in the court document dated 08/16/12.

www.courts.state.co.us...

Is anyone a lawyer in here? Is that just normal procedure when it's been requested by the defense? I'm kind of curious why the judge would order that in such a high profile case. Wouldn't he rather be safe than sorry?

Just search LIBOR HOLMES SORCHA on ATS and all will become clear.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I have been looking at some of the aspects of this and these things stand out to me.

At Holmes' apartment in a student-housing complex in northern Aurora, police are still working their way inside the booby-trapped unit.

Per the source below. The apt was booby trapped.

Biology student Kaitlyn Fonzi, who lives below Holmes, says loud techno music began playing in his apartment promptly at midnight. Against the advice of her boyfriend, Fonzi says she went up and banged on the door, but no one answered. She said she called police to report the loud music, which was playing on a loop and stopped at exactly 1 a.m., she says. Fonzi says they went to sleep but were woken up by a SWAT team breaking down doors and ordering everyone out around 2 a.m.

Again per the source below.

The movie began at 12:05am. The ticket proves that.

Police say he started shooting 30 minutes after the movie started so that places him at the scene at approximately 12:35am.

The female at the apartment states the music stopped at approx. 1am. Then the SWAT Team comes at 2am (ish)

*Anyone see a problem with the timeline here?

*And how does she KNOW it was on "a loop"? A song is easy to determine its on a loop but she said "music".

*If he was such a loner and had no firends, kept to himself then why would the boyfriend of the girl give his advice not to go up and knock on the door?

*And how come HE (the boyfriend) didn't go up there if he was worried at all about his woman?

*DPD stated they had an active scene at the theater for several hours. Obviously.

*SWAT was at the theater per DPD & media.

*They didn't know where his vehicle was until much later so they couldn't have run his tag to determine address plus they stated in the media his personal effects (typically meaning wallet, keys, etc) were in the car which they processed later on.

*He was taken into custody and held pending his identification which took a while due to the chaos there.

*How did they know to go to his apartment complex and NOT bust his door down as they did other units there unless they knew in advance of the rigged apt?

*They have always maintained he was incoherent/drugged so its seems unlikely he would have informed them about his apt or they could have learned that so quickly.

Finally.....

4:19 a.m. Mountain: KUSA on the scene of an apartment complex where SWAT teams have descended, which is possibly the home of the shooter.

Source for above statement of SWAT arriving at apt well after the purported time stated by neighbor

USA Today
edit on 22-8-2012 by CovertOperator because: Clear some things up

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CovertOperator
I have been looking at some of the aspects of this and these things stand out to me.

At Holmes' apartment in a student-housing complex in northern Aurora, police are still working their way inside the booby-trapped unit.

Per the source below. The apt was booby trapped.

Biology student Kaitlyn Fonzi, who lives below Holmes, says loud techno music began playing in his apartment promptly at midnight. Against the advice of her boyfriend, Fonzi says she went up and banged on the door, but no one answered. She said she called police to report the loud music, which was playing on a loop and stopped at exactly 1 a.m., she says. Fonzi says they went to sleep but were woken up by a SWAT team breaking down doors and ordering everyone out around 2 a.m.

Again per the source below.

The movie began at 12:05am. The ticket proves that.

Police say he started shooting 30 minutes after the movie started so that places him at the scene at approximately 12:35am.

The female at the apartment states the music stopped at approx. 1am. Then the SWAT Team comes at 2am (ish)

*Anyone see a problem with the timeline here?

*And how does she KNOW it was on "a loop"? A song is easy to determine its on a loop but she said "music".

*If he was such a loner and had no firends, kept to himself then why would the boyfriend of the girl give his advice not to go up and knock on the door?

*And how come HE (the boyfriend) didn't go up there if he was worried at all about his woman?

*DPD stated they had an active scene at the theater for several hours. Obviously.

*SWAT was at the theater per DPD & media.

*They didn't know where his vehicle was until much later so they couldn't have run his tag to determine address plus they stated in the media his personal effects (typically meaning wallet, keys, etc) were in the car which they processed later on.

*He was taken into custody and held pending his identification which took a while due to the chaos there.

*How did they know to go to his apartment complex and NOT bust his door down as they did other units there unless they knew in advance of the rigged apt?

*They have always maintained he was incoherent/drugged so its seems unlikely he would have informed them about his apt or they could have learned that so quickly.

Finally.....

4:19 a.m. Mountain: KUSA on the scene of an apartment complex where SWAT teams have descended, which is possibly the home of the shooter.

Source for above statement of SWAT arriving at apt well after the purported time stated by neighbor

USA Today
edit on 22-8-2012 by CovertOperator because: Clear some things up

I live in France but I think theaters work the same way in the U.S. The movie seance begins at a determined time (in this case, 12:05 am), and ads and trailers are showed to the audience for a good 15 minutes (minimum... I know a particular theater who plays ads for a good 25 minutes). The movie then begins, approximately 15 to 25 minutes later. So in this case, the movie began at 12:20 or 12:30, not at 12:05. The shooter then came in the theater, at 1 am, or 12:50. It seems more coherent with the fact that a SWAT team came at the appartment complex at 2 am.
If the music stopped at 1 am, maybe it was programmed to do so on Holmes' computer.
Concerning the boyfriend, we don't know what was his motivation to say to his girlfriend not to go knocking on Holmes' door. Maybe he just wasn't bothered enough by the music to judge it appropriate to go knock, or maybe he just didn't wanted to harass someone.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CovertOperator

There's dozens of iPhone apps that will start a song playing at a certain time and play it for a certain duration...

Computers can do that as well... very simply.

So...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

True for sure. Or it could have been a timed player as well.
Question or concern isn't how it was done, its how did she know it was a loop if she didn't into the apt?
edit on 22-8-2012 by CovertOperator because: re-edit statement - missed point by poster

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Question or concern isn't how it was done, its how did she know it was a loop if she didn't into the apt?
edit on 22-8-2012 by CovertOperator because: re-edit statement - missed point by poster

I don't really see what the problem is here... If it was loud enough, and obviously it was, since she went to knock on his door, the music was certainly pretty clear, more than just a blurred sound. If the music was clear, it is pretty easy to tell if it is the same thing over and over, in a loop.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ook33

I don't really see what the problem is here... If it was loud enough, and obviously it was, since she went to knock on his door, the music was certainly pretty clear, more than just a blurred sound. If the music was clear, it is pretty easy to tell if it is the same thing over and over, in a loop.

Mayyyybe...

Unless it was like 20 minute techno songs, of something that sounds really same-y...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ook33

A "loop" constitutes a mode initiated by a person who turned on the radio/cd player, cd players don't turn on by theirselves outside of a timer built into the player itself. Unless someone on the outside knew for certain that the mode of the player was for sure in "loop mode" rather than on a timer or someone playing it from inside the unit the speculation on her behalf of stating it was on a loop indicates inside knowledge of the mode of the player. or a lucky guess. Besides, if it was a loop mode the music would play until turned off. Thats typically what loop mode means, to play over & over. But it shut off at a specified time indicating it was not loop mode but on a timer.

With the apartment being rigged to blow (obviously) it seems really clear that he or someone wanted police or anyone else to enter the unit in order to shut the music off and thereby blowing the building up. Perhaps to destroy additional evidence or ???

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Strange to me she was the only one who has ever said there was loud music. Now I'm sure there probably were others who heard it however the music I believe was intended to lure someone (police probably) into the unit in order to blow it up to destroy something? Evidence of ?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
All in all Holmes probably was the ONLY shooter but thats based on mainstream statements and what is released. There for ARE discrepancys in much of what it said however there is some confusion in initial reports & statements that have to be considered also. On the other hand, there is no reason to simply discount those first statements for any reason.

Given what we know now about many past incidents such as Waco, OKC, 911, Ruby Ridge we need to not so quick to discount statements made by officials considering their past record of untrues.

That aside, there was an additional gas mask found on the opposite side of the theater. How did that get there? Ummmm???
edit on 22-8-2012 by CovertOperator because: add comment to post

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Has anyone seen these Youtube videos of that night? Yesterday was the first time I came across them. It says they were uploaded on July 20. The date of the shooting in the title is wrong, July 19 - maybe that's why the videos didn't turn up in my searches. It has almost 10, 000 views, few comments. I also find it strange that MSM (I don't have cable so I'm just going by what I see on the internet) didn't include clips from that video in their stories; it was always from that other amateur video from that night.
edit on 22-8-2012 by CinnamonHearts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

In this video, Corbin Dates states the man taking the phone call had a goatee. I still don't understand why the people doing the interviews can't just flat out ask these witnesses, "Was the person you saw taking the phone call the same man in the courtroom"? (Unless they have, and I just haven't come across them). Chris Matthews sort of started going there, but then the questioning just veered off.

Ben Leung, who lived on the first floor of the building, never mentioned hearing any music.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Since the moment that I heard of this event, I thought I knew what happened.

After going through all the material so far, I still believe exactly what I thought before I knew anything about it.

The real James Holmes is dead. The one we are seeing, especially in the court room, is a plant, an operative. The main purpose of the entire mission was to instill greater fear into people and make more people acceptable of stricter gun laws. Because the different faces of James Holmes that we are shown and, sometimes even on mainstream networks, these pictures are placed side by side or shown sequentially, and because everyone who has eyes can see that those are two different people, it is obvious that they wanted to make sure that the conspiracy theorist world was awfully busy as well.

Notice the contention, the unrest! Notice how Colorado seems to be a good state for a lot of these kind of problems to be made nationally aware. Notice how the person in that court room is halfway not understanding what is happening but also continues a sort of act.

The operative was probably drugged and placed under hypnosis for a time to complete the task. The real James Holmes was a sacrifice. That much is very easy to discern. I can't believe you all are still arguing over hair color. Have you not seen both faces of James Holmes with that same hair color going on? Except the James Holmes that has more of a greek like face, his dye job is pretty horrible. That's the picture of him that he supposedly used at his porno site; the one with the half-naked girl hanging on him and he has headphones. That is the more eastern european facial feature guy and his hair is NOT dyed very well. Check it out. However, the James Holmes they are advertising is clearly more anglo in appearance. His hair is dyed pretty much perfectly.

I did not go through this entire thread to determine who all knows what and sees what or whatever....

I could go on forever. I don't like bickering or arguing or debating. I'm just sharing what I have intuited about the situation.

Your gun rights will be diminished. Your anger will spike if you are not patient and wise. You will be treated unjustly (or you will be the one being unjust; as actually most people will take the side of for their supposed comfort and security). You will be laughed at. You will be called the fool by fools.

Old news. Really old news. Do not let any of this stupidity frighten you - if it was all "perfectly" executed, you would have less fear; and their intention is to cause fear... so they create the holes in the story to keep all of us shaky. It's pointless.

Trust in the Lord and be disinterested in silliness.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

The only picture that doesn't look like James to me is the one from the AFF site. That does not look at all like the guy in the courtroom. The man in the courtroom and the man in the university ID are the same person, in my opinion. You would think that at least one person who knows/knew him, or had seen him (neighbours, people he talked to in his neighbourhood, the guy below he went to school with, his professors, etc.) would have said that wasn't James Holmes.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-8-2012 by CinnamonHearts because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39 >>

join