It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holmes had TWO roommates! EVIDENCE that MSM is rewriting the official story before our eyes!!!

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Definitely not okay for them to change the official record - so far MSNBC and the Denver Post are guilty of this, Google cache proves this point (I'd add the Christian Post but it has a clear agenda, Christian values not really news). There are others for sure, but in my research we can now point our fingers at MSNBC and the Denver Post and say, "guilty!"

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Without the full article you have nothing. The next sentence is likely, "they moved out months ago, saying Holmes was a fruitcake."

I agree. Simple fact checking uncovers the fact that the maintenance guy at the apartments said he had no roommates and he was basically anti-social. Public records might indicate he had at one time roommates, but these apartments were used to house students at the university and since it's summer break, they might not have been there.

Jose Torres,45, said he didn't remember Holmes having a roommate and said he wasn't social. Torres gasped when he realized Holmes was the accused shooter in Colorado.

Source

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
.6 sorry

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOMOREMOLOCH2012
.6 sorry

Alrighty.

.6 miles in under a minute is a feat that not even Chuck Norris could accomplish.

800m world record: Wilson Kipketer 1:41.11 (DEN)

So yes.. This fact is very suspect.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
around .4 to 6 wounded(dont think so) one cops calls in outside 9 and dispatch says employee says still shooting in 9 now

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

In an interesting twist, as MSNBC is guilty of scrubbing their news reports to not reflect anything about the roommates, they were also the first national media outlet to get hold of this news after the local nine station. It probably means nothing, but still first on the national scene, and guilty of bad journalism behavior.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
why didn't neighbor not say she smelt gasoline at his apartment,

ask what apartment are these officers 322 320 at 45 sec before shooting? oh yeah guys they are planing to get police to do things in front of people to piss them off?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
www.spokeo.com...,+CO:23653999061

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
reply to post by crazyguy2012

It isn't that they removed an "article" to make room. That would be fine. It's that the removed information from an article, that was already published, without any retraction or explanation of why that information was removed. If the information were true (I'm not saying it was), then it has the potential to be damaging to the Official Story. Information was erased from existing articles without any hint as to why and it probably would have gone completely unnoticed (which is scary). We can speculate all we want that they did it to protect his roommates, old ones, current ones or whatever..Or that the information was incorrect. But that is just speculation as well. We are just making excuses for the media when they screwed up, or intentionally hid something. If we make excuses for them, it makes their job a hell of a lot easier too.. Hell they can report whatever they want.. It's okay....

What I'm getting at, is we wouldn't know the difference if it were true or not.. Because so many of you have fallen right into their hands by excusing it as "normal" or a "mistake".. Did it ever occur to you that they are intelligent enough to understand that if they do this enough, or claim that's what is normal.. It opens the door for them to do it with ease when they ARE trying to manipulate a story for their own agenda. People are missing the point completely.. The flood gates are open if you already think its okay for them to do this. If you are so quick to say it must be a mistake, they can do this all the time.. Even when information is pertinent and real..

You are stating the obvious, but it cannot be overemphasized. What the media are doing is calibrating our ears to be unable to discern lies from non lies. The hearing is an important sense, so much so that I stay away from any television sounds that I cannot modulate or control. If you hear nothing but lies, you will lose your hearing, for all intents and purposes.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

Spending time on elaborate and meticulous traps in your apartment just to tell the police about it doesn't make sense. Getting geared up for a shootout(armor) just to be taken by the police without incident doesn't make sense. A genius in neuroscience programs deciding out of nowhere, with no clear motive, to plan and carry this attack out doesn't make sense. He lived with two roommates, who are now being 'forgotten.' He got a phone call just before the incident, which is also just being swept under the rug.

If you think this is all clear cut and adds up to something as simple as you are making it out to be than you are far too lost to be involved in this conversation.

So you completely disregard Occam's Razor?

Could he have faked the call?

Could the police have found something that lead them to believe the apartment was booby trapped and he said nothing?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

I'm kind of surprised someone who works in IT hasn't noticed this before, it happens ALL THE TIME.
There is a reason it's called the world wide WEB, aka NETwork. Every single piece of information you see is there for a reason, and every single social media site is part of the web that now ensnares you.
666=WWW
Keep on twittering and tweeting and texting, it's good for you.
Instead of paying 10 bucks to see a movie about the facebook scam you should ask yourself why that site is worth BILLIONS of dollars, there aren't enough banner ads in the world to justify that kind of value. The real value is in all the personal information people share with the entire planet in the psychotic delusion that other people actually give a damn. You have woven your own nooses.

Exactly. The only value it has is that all your info is collated, and certainly kept tabs upon.

I see the face of zuckerberg and I see the face of doom. Enjoy the captivity.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

I'm kind of surprised someone who works in IT hasn't noticed this before, it happens ALL THE TIME.
There is a reason it's called the world wide WEB, aka NETwork. Every single piece of information you see is there for a reason, and every single social media site is part of the web that now ensnares you.
666=WWW
Keep on twittering and tweeting and texting, it's good for you.
Instead of paying 10 bucks to see a movie about the facebook scam you should ask yourself why that site is worth BILLIONS of dollars, there aren't enough banner ads in the world to justify that kind of value. The real value is in all the personal information people share with the entire planet in the psychotic delusion that other people actually give a damn. You have woven your own nooses.

Exactly. The only value it has is that all your info is collated, and certainly kept tabs upon.

I see the face of zuckerberg and I see the face of technofascist
doom. Enjoy the captivity.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

You are stating the obvious, but it cannot be overemphasized. What the media are doing is calibrating our ears to be unable to discern lies from non lies. The hearing is an important sense, so much so that I stay away from any television sounds that I cannot modulate or control. If you hear nothing but lies, you will lose your hearing, for all intents and purposes.

How would current renter's information be in public information anyway? Answer, its not. Those apartments are student housing where there were likely several prior tenants and if they were out of state students and obtained a Driver's License with that address and then moved they may have never changed their address to the new one (happens all the time)...same with voter's registration...there are hundreds if not thousands of possibilities that prior tenants had listed that address for.

The media can't replace public record, but they can make crap up. If it really was in the public record it still is, go search for it on in the county or in the Colorado state records....stop using Google as some kind of rock solid authority.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I always thought it was sort of a journalists' "code of honor" to openly admit when mistakes were made in reporting. For example, see page 2 of this Handbook of Journalism from Reuters. "Always correct an error openly." I would assume (or at least hope) that most other organizations have the same policy.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT

Originally posted by Ghost375
Without the full article you have nothing. The next sentence is likely, "they moved out months ago, saying Holmes was a fruitcake."

I agree. Simple fact checking uncovers the fact that the maintenance guy at the apartments said he had no roommates and he was basically anti-social. Public records might indicate he had at one time roommates, but these apartments were used to house students at the university and since it's summer break, they might not have been there.

Jose Torres,45, said he didn't remember Holmes having a roommate and said he wasn't social. Torres gasped when he realized Holmes was the accused shooter in Colorado.

Source

Fact checking has been replaced with quiet editing...

First in line gets the prize, whether it be ratings, or ad revenue... this is OLD news... it's been happening for literally decades...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by calendula
I always thought it was sort of a journalists' "code of honor" to openly admit when mistakes were made in reporting. For example, see page 2 of this Handbook of Journalism from Reuters. "Always correct an error openly." I would assume (or at least hope) that most other organizations have the same policy.

They don't.

The risks to them are very high... if they ENDLESSLY correct their mistakes openly, and their main competition seemingly doesn't MAKE the mistakes (as they quiet edit their articles) the "good guys" look incompetent... the general public doesn't REALLY give a # either...

There's NO reason, other than integrity, to not quiet edit online stuff...

Hell, the NYTimes took decades to make a correction... in print...

These guys are on the next thing almost immediately, they don't make the websites and 99.9999999999999999% the articles 99.9999999999999999% of journalists write are only read by a few hundred people...

AND

If you look at a forum like ATS, where everyone is AGHAST at shoddy journalism, then, in the next post, writes something as a FACT, that is just, at best, a WILD GUESS... well, you know... deal with your own problems before you start pointing fingers, etc.
edit on 26-7-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I found this interesting
www.blacklistednews.com... tter

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

the general public doesn't REALLY give a # either...

Well, I'd beg to differ. If they knew how easily these articles can be manipulated and ARE manipulated.. They'd probably care. At least the ones intelligent enough to understand the power media has over society anyhow. I think the popularity of this thread shows that people really do care about the credibility of the media.

There's NO reason, other than integrity, to not quiet edit online stuff...

Did you really just.... no.. wait.. Yup. You definitely did. This statement beyond all doubts has proven to me that you DO NOT get it. "There's no reason other than integrity"? Then what the hell is the point of even having a news outlet? If they have no integrity then what is the point of even reporting? Please tell me this was a typo.. because INTEGRITY is the point of this entire thread. Without it, we cannot be sure of anything. We don't have the ability to be everywhere and investigate everything ourselves.. If we can't rely on the media to give us the straight story then we can't write history correctly. We can't learn from our mistakes. Where do you draw the line between facts and falsehoods? If you can honestly accept this reality.. then you accept ignorance. You're the exact type of person that has made it possible for the media to get away with it. If you accept that reality, why are you here? Why are you on a conspiracy forum at all? Why do you discuss this as if you care?

The irony is almost unbelievable.

I'd much rather know that they made a mistake and are honestly admitting they had to fix it. That gives them FAR MORE integrity than totally erasing information as if it didn't happen. That is totally corrupt, and as I have stated so many times before.. It allows them to do it when the facts are true.. People will simply dismiss it as another mistake..

Hell, the NYTimes took decades to make a correction... in print...

First of all you know about it.. So it's totally different. I'm not really sure where you were going with this statement.
It was in print.. There is physical evidence and there will always be slides and proof of the original article. In the digital world, there is nothing the average person can get a hold of once the change is made and old caches are flushed. As newspapers and physical literature disappears.. So does the hard evidence. It's already happening, and if you haven't noticed.. The propaganda and lies seem more abundant now than ever.

edit on 26-7-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

The line right above the one you posted also says that the maintenance guy is from the last apartment he lived in, not the current one.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think it is sort of like the Sirhan Sirhan(Robert Kennedy's assassin) case.Where the guy was programmed to do something and then has no memory of it. A new age Manchurian candidate(except there wasn't just one target) to cause a horrific event and let the government get control over guns. I think they plan to take away all of our guns so it is easier for the NWO transition. Somewhere along the lines the news got messed up (which happens all the time) and they are now trying to fix it , because maybe a statement down the road that they are going to make, would have conflicted with what was previously posted which appears to already be happening. Good Catch on this one.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join