It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holmes had TWO roommates! EVIDENCE that MSM is rewriting the official story before our eyes!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

As I said to you on the other thread:

There's no evidence that he had room mates - that I've seen - certainly none in the OP
There is evidence that some media outlet claimed there was evidence, in the public record - we don't have that evidence

You're missing the point this thread is about one piece of information being erased from articles, not arguing whether the piece of information was factually correct or not. Obviously it would be good to verify the information or not.

Like I said in the other thread, stuff gets deleted from articles all the time without any explanation... a lot of times you see things like "Updated at 2:15" etc., but no explanation as to what was changed or why.

Why do they do that?

Mostly, because they have to remove false info, for obvious reasons, but if they go around and tell people how often they publish false info, people will go somewhere else for their news.

In other words, the "quiet edit" is usually done to stop them from looking ridiculous and inept.

Unless you have evidence that the final story is wrong or that they've actually removed something TRUE, then all you probably have is evidence of them covering their incompetent asses.

Look at the title of the thread:

"Holmes had TWO roommates!"

Where's the evidence you have for that claim?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ZED332L

I'm not concerned about newspaper reports because once you have it in print in front of you, they cannot change it. They can however retract their statements.. Which is okay with me as long as they clarify why it's being retracted. Digital sources including video can be edited to omit information and I am positive it happens all the time. Even with so-called "live" coverage, there is a delay that allows for them to edit video and audio. They also have the ability to completely remove a video or digital source if they wanted. My find simply reinforces the fact that they do erase data to manipulate a story for their own agenda.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Look here:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Has that story been edited or updated?

Can anyone tell me

Go look and tell me, based on that URL if that story has been edited since it was originally published.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Cached articles USED to contain that same quote.. But NONE of them do. I can't find a single article that has that data anymore.

My question is this.. Why erase it completely? Why not just say the initial reports were incorrect?

I have no idea what your problem is or where you see something extraordinary. I think you simply do not know how Google, the web and news agencies/sites work and make some weird story up which has no base to stand on.

Yes, Google scans the web in certain intervals and updates its cache accordingly. News sites are often re-writing and updating one and the same story, depending on the developments. This can happen on the same story/URL, so its actually possible that the same, identical story is being updated/corrected.

This is LOGICALLY the case if a news story breaks and, at first, details can contain errors and mistakes. The editors would just correct and update the same story.

Google comes again, sees the article has updated, and will replace the same story (with the same URL) with the new one. Since the new story was on the same URL, the "old" information will be overwritten/gone at some point.

There is also NO REASON WHATSOEVER to keep the old details especially if it turns out that stuff reported early on is not accurate.

For example, CNN could report about some accident reporting 2 injured within a few minutes. 30 minutes later story gets updated by the editor because more fatalities are becoming known...in time, the old cache will be gone.

So..YOU now tell me where in your OP there is anything remotely indicating a conspiracy "like in 1984"... or how the fact that a single news story sometimes can change (based on relevancy, developments etc.) is in any way "proof" for a global conspiracy by the MSM?

edit on 25-7-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I was getting ready to send this info "... Public records indicate that Holmes lived with two roommates at ...
global.christianpost.com/news/james-holmes-colorado...
Know it appears that is has disappeared am I going nuts or just not awake?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

On Friday Holmes had two roommates.. It was in several articles. I provided plenty of evidence to support that claim. Today, as far as the MSM is concerned.. Doesn't and NEVER had two roommates. You can't just erase information like that without clarification.

You are still missing the point. If the media can change their articles at anytime and erase information or add information without any explanation, how are we supposed to know what is real and what isn't. This goes so far beyond the whole Aurora shooting event. This is a matter of journalistic integrity and their ability to manipulate a story on the fly. I suggest you read 1984 if you haven't in order to better understand what I'm talking about. They can muddy the truth with so many "facts" and then remove others to the point that nobody will ever know the truth. Real investigative reporting becomes even harder to do and there are several instances where the ability to go back and read RETRACTED statements have led to solving crimes and finding out the real story.

Whether or not the information is factual or not, it was reported that he had two roommates and now the MSM is erasing that claim AS IF IT NEVER HAPPENED. I'm sure he DID at one point either way.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Go up to my last post and answer my question please

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
Look here:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Has that story been edited or updated?

Can anyone tell me

Go look and tell me, based on that URL if that story has been edited since it was originally published.

This is the question I mean Ziggy

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The two room-mates are still mentioned in the article at the following link:

www.nbc26.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

disreguard part about disappeared to many windows open. key words for the search

james holmes roomates in yahoo

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
As we all should know, once something hits the internet it is almost impossible to erase all the footprints...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
For those still trying to grasp the significance of this and trying to pass it off as a simple journalism mistake, I suggest you read an article from the following PDF: You Are Being Lied To The article is titled "Why Does the Associated Press Change Its Articles?" It starts at page 46. If you have the time, I recommend reading the whole PDF as it is full of useful information.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I have no idea, without seeing the article on the first day it was published. If they completely erased information in it, there is no possible way to find out without having a cached copy or knowing the exact string of characters that was deleted.

I'm fine with new agencies ADDING data as long as what they originally reported and published remains intact. I am however not okay with the media removing data from a previously published article without any explanation whatsoever. Public records indicated he had roommates at one time. Whether or not it was during the past months or not is an entirely different issue. The whole point is the media reported something that was verifiable by public record, and they have erased any inclination that they did.. No explanation, and no one would be any wiser. So in ten years if people wanted to look back at that information because the case was reopened or whatever.. It would be as if it never existed.

In the past, digital media wasn't as pertinent to our lives.. So this wasn't an issue. We are now faced with a news flow that is easily manipulated. Paper news is disappearing, and with it so is the integrity and credibility of all news outlets.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cheezydik

Sure, sure, every time an article is edited, it's because of something nefarious.

If you look at MOST edits that are done on AP articles, they're to correct factual errors. I have just spent about 30 minutes reading a ton of AP corrections and have yet to see anything nefarious.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo

I have no idea, without seeing the article on the first day it was published. If they completely erased information in it, there is no possible way to find out without having a cached copy or knowing the exact string of characters that was deleted.

I'm fine with new agencies ADDING data as long as what they originally reported and published remains intact. I am however not okay with the media removing data from a previously published article without any explanation whatsoever. Public records indicated he had roommates at one time. Whether or not it was during the past months or not is an entirely different issue. The whole point is the media reported something that was verifiable by public record, and they have erased any inclination that they did.. No explanation, and no one would be any wiser. So in ten years if people wanted to look back at that information because the case was reopened or whatever.. It would be as if it never existed.

In the past, digital media wasn't as pertinent to our lives.. So this wasn't an issue. We are now faced with a news flow that is easily manipulated. Paper news is disappearing, and with it so is the integrity and credibility of all news outlets.

From the AP site:

hosted.ap.org...

hosted.ap.org...

In a case like that it's HuffPo an other news aggregators that are to blame.

It WAS edited and the AP says so right on their site.

This is what I mean, don't jump to conclusions.
edit on 25-7-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Could they not have gotten a copy of his lease agreement? Most places you rent have a lease. If there were roomates they would have had to sign on to. They may have moved before all of this happened.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It's changed!!!!!! I saw and emailed a friend straight away. When my roommate came home I rushed to show him, but the search results changed.

What's the solution they are creating problems for?

I don't wanna know the answer to that, I would however suggest getting close to those FEMA camps. Probably the safest place you can be(until the cattle trains start bringing people in). On a side note, FEMA camps aren't just in the US. They're in Oz and they are still controlled by FEMA.

There's a lot of fans waiting to be hit with sh.........

This is another Port Arthur, the only difference is they learnt their lesson and made him wear a mask to avoid discrepancies from the witnesses.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The AP says so right on their site. They SAY it was edited and WHAT was erroneous and edited. The information that was removed about roommates has no clarification. The AP does not say it was removed or even erroneous. If you can find me evidence to the contrary I'll submit.. But I have searched tirelessly for a redact and have found NONE. They just removed the data without any explanation. All of those AP corrections state the false info.. MSNBC and all the others who reported and pulled the info about two roommates DID NOT state their correction.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

I have had roommates that aren't on lease agreements sooooo many times... people come and go in your 20s..

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I believe on Friday all the news sources were jumping to all sorts of conclusions in order to get the scoop. Could also explain when things get ripped. That being said I am sure the articles and some of the revisions can be found on The Way Back Machine...or similar internet scraping archives.

One myth that keeps going is the whole "Brilliant quiet guy next door". This one has been driving me up a wall.
He was NOT brilliant, he was NOT an honors student. His family hated him for sociopathic behavior and according to many who knew him he was a complete juvi delinquent-including car theft and assault. He would even make false abuse claims to punsh family members who told him no.

He was failing his grad program before the first year was even out. I can easily see him doing the shootings as a way to make the failure not his fault, sociopaths a proanoid who regard everyone else as there to serve them or acknowledge their superiority. I am willing to bet he believed and still does that he could beat the system while getting his name in history books.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join