It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on the economy: ‘We tried our plan — and it worked’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

"Our Plan" is a failure in the eyes of the millions of people who have been taken prisoner by the "Obama Economy".

"Our Plan" "created 23 million new jobs and the biggest budget surplus in history"

He was talking about the Clinton years before the Bush Era tax breaks for the 1% and the longest period of financial deregulation ever.

See the transcripts..

THE PRESIDENT: My opponent’s entire plan, his whole plan for economic renewal, is more tax cuts for the wealthy.

THE PRESIDENT: More deregulation -- eliminating regulations for banks and corporations that we put in place after the crisis.

THE PRESIDENT: Cutting more investments in things like education and research.

THE PRESIDENT: And somehow this is supposed to create jobs and prosperity for everybody. That’s what Mitt Romney believes. That’s what his allies in Washington believe.

But here’s the problem -- we tried that and it didn’t work. (Applause.) It’s not what you believe, it’s not what I believe, it’s not what most Americans believe will actually make a difference. This country was not built from the top down; it was built from the middle class out, from the bottom up. (Applause.) That’s how we became the most prosperous nation in the history of the world. That’s the path that you can choose for America in this election. And that’s why I’m running for a second term as President of the United States. (Applause.)

I’m running because I believe you can’t reduce the deficit -- which is a serious problem, we’ve got to deal with it -- but we can’t reduce it without asking folks like me who have been incredibly blessed to give up the tax cuts that we’ve been getting for a decade. (Applause.)

I'll cut out government spending that’s not working, that we can’t afford, but I’m also going to ask anybody making over $250,000 a year to go back to the tax rates they were paying under Bill Clinton, back when our economy created 23 million new jobs -- (applause) -- the biggest budget surplus in history and everybody did well.

Just like we’ve tried their plan, we tried our plan -- and it worked. That’s the difference.
(Applause.) That’s the choice in this election. That’s why I’m running for a second term.

When the American auto industry was on the brink of collapse, more than 1 million jobs were on the line, Governor Romney said, we should just "let Detroit go bankrupt."

edit on 24-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Exactly........

Your post is spot on, but supporters will TOTALLY ignore this fact and keep rambling on and making claims with no basis because they DO NOT want to wake up to the reality.........

Just like this administration is doing, instead of actual facts, they will repeat things over and over and over and over until it doesnt matter if its a fact or not, it becomes the talking point, and to them, valid

Thanks! I am glad to meet another American who understands what our country was built upon!

These folks who follow the partisan line need to wake the hell up and realize that they are victims of .............

Divide
Manipulate
Control

This is the text book plans that our government uses against us on a daily basis! What the hell!!!! It works!!! Just watch how people fight over race, religion, political parties etc etc..............They do it for a reason! They know that when we stop fighting we will realize who the bad guys really are!

Problem is, I am sick and freakin tired of these damn zombies who have to belong to a TEAM so that they feel they are somebody and have a purpose in life! What a waste of skin for ANY human to feel that they our nothing unless they belong to something!

edit on 24-7-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here is an excerpt from that same speech...

they don't really have an economic plan. They know their economic theory is not going to sell. So really what their ads all boil down to is: The economy is not where it should be, and it’s Obama’s fault. It’s very simple, easy to summarize. You will continue to see a variation on this theme.

And I guess it may be a plan to try to win an election, but it’s not a plan to create jobs. It’s not a plan to revitalize the economy. It’s not a plan to rebuild our middle class.

www.dailykos.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Does Obama not realize that there are these things called "Google", "the internet", and "research"? Not to mention those shadowy objects like "facts", "data", and "economics".

He obviously believes his own propaganda, which is terrifying.

/TOA
edit on 24-7-2012 by The Old American because: grammar brain fart

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It all worked just like John Perkins said it would go down.

They have been running around the globe impoverishing nations.

It is all part of the plan.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
If you think you can do better at his job do it, if you have a better plan, DO tell....... Until then all you anti obamist can pretend like anybody cares that you point out every lil thing......

Just like Hillary explains, it is not them coming up with these plans.

They get their orders from higher up than DC.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

EXACTLY!!!!! Yet we fight amongst ourselves over who is right and who is wrong thinking that we are the ones holding the puppet strings while someone who is not even a part of our government is the one making the puppets dance!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

EXACTLY!!!!! Yet we fight amongst ourselves over who is right and who is wrong thinking that we are the ones holding the puppet strings while someone who is not even a part of our government is the one making the puppets dance!!!!

George Carlin also had a good explanation.

CFR, Bilderberg, Club of Rome, Trilateral Commission, etc etc

A lot of the ppl who find all of this hard to believe is because they
are victims of brainwashing via the mainstream media, red team vs. blue team
contrived fake opposition.

Its the Bernays method brought to the electronic medium.

Bernays book - propaganda

The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of.

edit on 24-7-2012 by Ex_MislTech because: link

The TV is just one tool in their tool box, but it is a BIG part of it.

TV and electronic brainwashing
edit on 24-7-2012 by Ex_MislTech because: link

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
quit hating on obama! i gotta give the man props, he has kept this country afloat when all you obama haters thought we would be speaking chinese by now!!! according to some doom and gloomers we would be a bankrupt nation and all in FEMA camps by now waving a commie flag!!! dont even tell me we would all be better off had mccain been elected! things are so bad yet you are all still posting online from your computers you still have enough money to pay for your internet access, quit crying, you dont know what real hard times are like. we are so spoiled in this country its not even funny. i didnt live through the great depression but i am sure it was a hell of a lot worse than what we are going through now.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Chalk this up to where I live or whatever but I can say in the past 2 years I have not met personally anyone who thinks Obama is doing a good job and should be reelected.

Even my die hard Democrat sister who voted for him last time is having buyer’s remorse.

I smell a rat somewhere – I think he will be reelected unfortunately but I am not really sure if the people really want him reelected or if there is just a spin campaign in the media to say he’s got popular support so that when they rig the results no one will be the wiser.

Honestly, I meet a lot of people and have yet to speak personally with one who supports him. What are the odds of that?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I have just enjoyed reading all of your posts in this thread (and given stars to all of them) and I thank God there are still people like you, who are not blind sheep willing to believe whatever fodder the government tells them. It is they sadly, who are handing over our constitutional rights without bothering to think.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
Chalk this up to where I live or whatever but I can say in the past 2 years I have not met personally anyone who thinks Obama is doing a good job and should be reelected.

Even my die hard Democrat sister who voted for him last time is having buyer’s remorse.

I smell a rat somewhere – I think he will be reelected unfortunately but I am not really sure if the people really want him reelected or if there is just a spin campaign in the media to say he’s got popular support so that when they rig the results no one will be the wiser.

Honestly, I meet a lot of people and have yet to speak personally with one who supports him. What are the odds of that?

Red team or Blue team, both are puppets of the potomac for the round table groups.

Democracy is an illusion due to the vote rigging as seen in "hacking democracy".

Both sides of the aisle are putting on a show, its as the one congressman said
when he didn't know his mic was still on "its all rigged"

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I am almost the exact opposite as you, those I have spoken to are firm in their support of Obama, with few willing to vote for anyone else. It might be a difference in demographics, I speak to people who would be seen as traditionally democrat anyway, students, teachers, lower middle class to poverty levels.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

quit hating on obama! i gotta give the man props, he has kept this country afloat when all you obama haters thought we would be speaking chinese by now!!! according to some doom and gloomers we would be a bankrupt nation and all in FEMA camps by now waving a commie flag!!! dont even tell me we would all be better off had mccain been elected! things are so bad yet you are all still posting online from your computers you still have enough money to pay for your internet access, quit crying, you dont know what real hard times are like. we are so spoiled in this country its not even funny. i didnt live through the great depression but i am sure it was a hell of a lot worse than what we are going through now.

Take off your cheerleading costume and then talk to me about how great a shape this country is in!!! Maybe we are not in fema camps yet, but that doesnt mean the NDAA and the camps do not exist now does it??????

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I haven't read the article but the title of the OP is correct
He did have a plan and it did work!

His plan was to campaign with gimmicky words like "change" and "yes we can" but never defined what or at least barely did.
He thought this idiotic approach would work.

Unfortunately..... it did, it got him elected.

And even after the massive protest against the bailouts people are still voting for him.

I think the bailout protests might have been bigger than the anti-war protests during the bush administration which despite the war being expanded into the entire middle east there's no more war protesters.

This is a fashion show, that's what this is

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Obama on the economy: ‘We tried our plan — and it worked’

Blowing 6 trillion dollars and the sheep love him for it?

Can't argue.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hilarious...Twice I post the full qoute showing he was speaking of returning the tax rate of the Clinton years VS. Bush Era tax breaks and Trickle Down Economics and everyone pretends they can't read.

The Clinton years (without the Bush Tax BReaks for Millionaires and Billionaires) created the BIGGEST BUDGET SURPLUS IN HISTORY and 23 Million jobs.

Anyone want to argue that "plan" did not work?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Hilarious...Twice I post the full qoute showing he was speaking of returning the tax rate of the Clinton years VS. Bush Era tax breaks and Trickle Down Economics and everyone pretends they can't read.

The Clinton years (without the Bush Tax BReaks for Millionaires and Billionaires) created the BIGGEST BUDGET SURPLUS IN HISTORY and 23 Million jobs.

Well that certainly is on way to look at it !!

But it takes some real deep reading between the lines to actually "see" a reference to Clinton in the speech !!

I remind you that this whole thing is about votes and perception.

Most people, especially the recent economic prisoners, will not see it that way.

They wanted action in the first term, not rhetorical deflections.

Good observation anyway.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by Indigo5

Well that certainly is on way to look at it !!

But it takes some real deep reading between the lines to actually "see" a reference to Clinton in the speech !!

Deep Reading???? It was the sentence that preceeded the out-of-context qoute! Pluhheese don't act stupid, it does not become you

I'll cut out government spending that’s not working, that we can’t afford, but I’m also going to ask anybody making over $250,000 a year to go back to the tax rates they were paying under Bill Clinton, back when our economy created 23 million new jobs -- (applause) -- the biggest budget surplus in history and everybody did well.

Just like we’ve tried their plan, we tried our plan -- and it worked.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yes I know.

But the point is Does the average voter understand

That's the problem with Obama's writers.

They are not getting their "message" delivered to the right "listeners".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join