It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on the economy: ‘We tried our plan — and it worked’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The Washington Examiner
July 24, 2012

Obama on the economy: ‘We tried our plan — and it worked’

Obama is exaggerating again !!

Of course he was addressing supporters while trying desperately to convince others of his "accomplishment".

I say Not Good Enough Mister

"Our Plan" is a failure in the eyes of the millions of people who have been taken prisoner by the "Obama Economy".

Those same prisoners people were hoping to get the jobs back and the normal life.

The chicken feed "assistance" is no where near the regular pay those people had a few short years ago.

What went wrong ?

Who really got all that money the government has spent ?

I would say "It Worked", but not the way WE wanted !!

Many say it has worked well --- for a Marxist agenda !!

Obama is anti-middle class. He has continuously widened the gap between rich and poor.

Discussing his economic policies at a fundraiser in Oakland, California, last night, President Obama, told supporters that “we tried our plan — and it worked.”

“We tried that and it didn’t work,” Obama said of Mitt Romney’s proposed tax cuts and spending cuts, which he dismissed as a Bush-style “top down” economic policy. “Just like we’ve tried their plan, we tried our plan — and it worked,” he added later in the speech. “That’s the difference. That’s the choice in this election. That’s why I’m running for a second term.”

Obama made these comments in Oakland, where the unemployment rate was 13.7 percent in May 2012. The national unemployment rate is 8.2 percent — up from 8.1 percent in May — for the second straight month.
People might wake up !!

The majority of Americans have NOT "benefited" from any Obama & Co. policy

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

have you noticed though just from talking to people on the street how many people are still so blind about Obama? If you point out anything to a great majority of people you just speak to on the street they always have a ready excuse as to why things are in such bad shape and how none of this is Obamas fault and how Obama just needs more time etc etc etc

They even have excuses, should people actually know about even one of them, for why our constitutional rights are being methodically removed since Obama came into office.

Obama will be re-elected, if the Americans I have spoken to have anything to say about it, and they will of course be voting.

Sad state of affairs really.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I know I haven't benefited from his Presidency.

But I never wanted him to be president in the first place.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Many say it has worked well --- for a Marxist agenda !! Obama is anti-middle class.

He has continuously widened the gap between rich and poor.

Those 2 statements are contradictory. Contradictory means "Mutually opposed or inconsistent."
Marxism lessens the gap between the rich and the poor....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

bwhahahahahaha....

Worked? yeah okay that was a good one...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

for why our constitutional rights are being methodically removed since Obama came into office.

They aren't being removed. You haven't lost a single damned right. The NDAA didn't actually give them the authority to detain citizens indefinitely. You guys just kept repeating it on this website despite all evidence, aka the actual document states it doesn't give this authority.
Gun rights have actually been expanded since he took office. You can now carry concealed weapons on national parks, as well as take them through amtrak.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
He must be talking about some other country, 'cause it sure as hell ain't here. How can he stand there and outright lie? The sad part is, he has followers that believe him. They will have charts and graphs, showing in some twisted way, we are doing better. Ask the small business man how it's going.
Wait, I forgot he didn't build that, Obama did.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

for why our constitutional rights are being methodically removed since Obama came into office.

They aren't being removed. You haven't lost a single damned right. The NDAA didn't actually give them the authority to detain citizens indefinitely. You guys just kept repeating it on this website despite all evidence, aka the actual document states it doesn't give this authority.
Gun rights have actually been expanded since he took office. You can now carry concealed weapons on national parks, as well as take them through amtrak.

I suppose youve forgotten about the accused American born terrorist, who they killed instead of bringing to trial huh?

Where was his right to due process?

Hmmmm? riiiiiiiiight nothings been taken away..........wake up and look at the direction the ball is rolling and the infringement this administration has has not only CONTINUED, but set forward in itself.......

just because he hasnt been able to complete the agenda in 4 years, doesnt mean it can be competed in 8, its been a constant blitz of things like this from him since day 1

We need a total revamp, No Obama, No Romney, None of these party line toting idiots hell bent on agenda of bigger gov and subservient American populace
edit on 24-7-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
If you think you can do better at his job do it, if you have a better plan, DO tell....... Until then all you anti obamist can pretend like anybody cares that you point out every lil thing......

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There is too very sad things about that statement he made.

1. people will hear it on the news and accept it.
2. People will come on here and agree that it worked and praise him.

No, he didn't exaggerate when he said that. He lied.

Obama is one of two things. He is either flat out lying when he knows it didn't work or he is so far removed from the public he really has no idea if it worked or not and is going on information his people are feeding him which is false.

Same goes for anyone who comes on here applauding & agreeing with him. They are either lying to themselves or are really ignorant about the subject and regurgitate what they hear on the news.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Many say it has worked well --- for a Marxist agenda !! Obama is anti-middle class.

He has continuously widened the gap between rich and poor.

Those 2 statements are contradictory. Contradictory means "Mutually opposed or inconsistent."
Marxism lessens the gap between the rich and the poor....

So say the text book scholars.

In reality, Marxism, as we have seen in history actually creates an "underground" rich class as well as a "bureaucratic" rich class.

In reality, Marxism, as we have seen in history actually creates a bigger pool of poor.

You need to throw out the textbook assumptions.

Look at reality.

Perhaps the Marxist experiments created a "middle class" through blackmarteering, but they were only a few.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

I suppose youve forgotten about the accused American born terrorist, who they killed instead of bringing to trial huh?

Where was his right to due process?

Hmmmm? riiiiiiiiight nothings been taken away..........wake up and look at the direction the ball is rolling and the infringement this administration has has not only CONTINUED, but set forward in itself.......

Leaving your country and affiliating yourself with the enemy during wartime is the same as renouncing your citizenship. Go live in another country that wouldn't do that if it bothers you so much. Oh wait, EVERY country on Earth would do the exact same thing. Plus, the constitution gives the government the authority to quell insurgencies however they want to, there is no due process necessary if there are people attempting to take down the government. So what happened was constitutional.

Accusing someone of removing your constitutional rights is a lofty accusation. You need better examples than that to back it up.

edit on 24-7-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
How to have a bloodless revolution and save America and the world: STOP ELECTING DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Obamas economic plan = trickle up poverty. Considering the unemployment rate and the property values I'd say his 'plan' (if he even had one) has failed. Unless his plan was to make everyone poorer .. then he did a great job.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Leaving your country and affiliating yourself with the enemy during wartime is the same as renouncing your citizenship. Go live in another country that wouldn't do that if it bothers you so much. Oh wait, EVERY country on Earth would do the exact same thing. Plus, the constitution gives the government the authority to quell insurgencies however they want to, there is no due process necessary if there are people attempting to take down the government. So what happened was constitutional. Accusing someone of removing your constitutional rights is a lofty accusation. You need better examples than that to back it up.

Im not saying the guy isnt guilty and i spent my time over seas fighitng these people...

but its not the same as renouncing your citizenship, he was still an American citizen......

With your thought process, then, anytime they deem someone the enemy, they can do the same thing......and this is the thought track of the administration........do you NOT see the problem with that?

They have already changed the terms on who could be considered and should be watched as a terrorist........

Who is next on that hit list, YOU? ME?

Im always flabbergasted that people cannot see the logical conclusions to these sort of things, and the end game........

It was absolutely NOT constitutional, and it was a violation of his rights to due process, full stop.......

I do not agree with this man and would meet him on the field of battle if he was attacking, however, they did not do this, they knew where he was and executed him .......

Just because you dont "believe" that it wasnt constitutional, doesnt mean its right........

This administration, has and IS in the process of stripping the American people of their rights, and is on the road to tyranny

Accusing someone of removing your constitutional rights is a lofty accusation. You need better examples than that to back it up.

Actually its a perfect example........he stripped this man who was still an American citizen of his right to due process, because now they can make the decision to target and kill you , even if you are an American citizen and they "deem" you a terrorist.......
edit on 24-7-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Leaving your country and affiliating yourself with the enemy during wartime is the same as renouncing your citizenship. Go live in another country that wouldn't do that if it bothers you so much. Oh wait, EVERY country on Earth would do the exact same thing. Plus, the constitution gives the government the authority to quell insurgencies however they want to, there is no due process necessary if there are people attempting to take down the government. So what happened was constitutional. Accusing someone of removing your constitutional rights is a lofty accusation. You need better examples than that to back it up.

Im not saying the guy isnt guilty and i spent my time over seas fighitng these people...

but its not the same as renouncing your citizenship, he was still an American citizen......

With your thought process, then, anytime they deem someone the enemy, they can do the same thing......and this is the thought track of the administration........do you NOT see the problem with that?

They have already changed the terms on who could be considered and should be watched as a terrorist........

Who is next on that hit list, YOU? ME?

Im always flabbergasted that people cannot see the logical conclusions to these sort of things, and the end game........

It's not my thought process.....
it's what the constitution has said since it was written.
If people go against the government, they have the authority to do whatever it it takes to stop them.

edit on 24-7-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Hey Xue.....BS Much?

By "our plan"...He was talking about the economy under Bill Clinton creating 23 Million jobs without the tax-cuts for the wealthiest.

Let's try some transcripts....

THE PRESIDENT: My opponent’s entire plan, his whole plan for economic renewal, is more tax cuts for the wealthy.

THE PRESIDENT: More regulation -- eliminating regulations for banks and corporations that we put in place after the crisis.

THE PRESIDENT: Cutting more investments in things like education and research.

THE PRESIDENT: And somehow this is supposed to create jobs and prosperity for everybody. That’s what Mitt Romney believes. That’s what his allies in Washington believe.

But here’s the problem -- we tried that and it didn’t work. (Applause.) It’s not what you believe, it’s not what I believe, it’s not what most Americans believe will actually make a difference. This country was not built from the top down; it was built from the middle class out, from the bottom up. (Applause.) That’s how we became the most prosperous nation in the history of the world. That’s the path that you can choose for America in this election. And that’s why I’m running for a second term as President of the United States. (Applause.)

I’m running because I believe you can’t reduce the deficit -- which is a serious problem, we’ve got to deal with it -- but we can’t reduce it without asking folks like me who have been incredibly blessed to give up the tax cuts that we’ve been getting for a decade. (Applause.)

I'll cut out government spending that’s not working, that we can’t afford, but I’m also going to ask anybody making over $250,000 a year to go back to the tax rates they were paying under Bill Clinton, back when our economy created 23 million new jobs -- (applause) -- the biggest budget surplus in history and everybody did well.

Just like we’ve tried their plan, we tried our plan -- and it worked. That’s the difference.
(Applause.) That’s the choice in this election. That’s why I’m running for a second term.

When the American auto industry was on the brink of collapse, more than 1 million jobs were on the line, Governor Romney said, we should just "let Detroit go bankrupt."

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Plus, the constitution gives the government the authority to quell insurgencies however they want to, there is no due process necessary if there are people attempting to take down the government. So what happened was constitutional.

Are you delusional????

Since you brought up the Constitution, let me refresh your memory!

2nd Ammendment

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

So by your reasoning, as long as the government says THEY are right, you have totally thrown out our rights of the second amendment????? By your reasoning, we are to put our heads in the sand and allow a government gone wild to take away our freedoms and liberty????? Wake the hell up!

Take a look in the mirror before you go to bed tonight and spit on it!!!! Because, that is how you feel about those who died for us to enjoy our so called freedoms that we enjoy today!!!
edit on 24-7-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

It's not my thought process..... it's what the constitution has said since it was written.

You clearly have no knowledge of the constitution..........and theres nothing in the constitution about leaving America to fight for someone else and not being an American anymore

Just because its your opinion doesnt make it fact...........FACT makes it fact........

FACT: He was an American......
Fact: He was denied his right to due process and sumarily executed, by accusations of terrorism (rightfully or wrongly) by people who get to make the rules and what constitutes a terrorist........

Fact: HIS rights were violated.........and stripped...........

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Exactly........

Your post is spot on, but supporters will TOTALLY ignore this fact and keep rambling on and making claims with no basis because they DO NOT want to wake up to the reality.........

Just like this administration is doing, instead of actual facts, they will repeat things over and over and over and over until it doesnt matter if its a fact or not, it becomes the talking point, and to them, valid

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join