It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-Fil-A Recalls Muppet Kids Meal Toys, Declaring Them Unsafe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
linky

Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie

Why can't Chick-fil-A just come out and tell the truth?
They had a disagreement with Jim Henson's company and are no longer will be giving out their toys.
But instead they go the route of hypocrisy and lie about the issue.

This here should tell you something about Chick-fil-A.

smh

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Lies and hypocrisy. Just about sums up their beliefs

Telling children they have to pledge their undying love to an imaginary demi-god or suffer for eternity in hell werent the only lies they are willing use.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Typical religious nuts. It's never their fault always someones else's. I would have more respect for them if they would just admit that the muppets don't like their anti gay stance and therefore the muppets have left the building.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
LOL

This corporation is pathetic and is hurting all of their franchisees.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Isn't it more accurate to talk about the Jim Henson company cutting off it's relations with Chick-Fil-A? blogs.ajc.com...

It's the first time I've ever heard some one say that a store issuing a recall is doing it to hurt it's suppliers. I may be misunderstanding what our posters are saying, but I see nothing that indicates Chick-Fil-A is trying to hurt Jim Henson over that company's CEO's philosophy.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Chick fila is like McDonalds. The franchisees really have nothing to do with the CEO is saying. But the discriminatory and negative attention will hurt the individual franchiees sales in certain cities especially.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Children are getting their fingers stuck in the holes of the finger puppets? Did the manufacturer use leftover Chinese Finger Traps?

It is interesting timing on the recall.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Guys be real, they can't tell the truth like that.

You and I know the truth, the several thousand folks on here know the truth and people who actually read know the truth.

What % does that constitute of total customers of Chick-fil-a? Not a whole lot.

So, I hope you see where I am going with this. Politricks but necessary damage control until it passes over and everyone forgets about the whole deal.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I can't wait for a gay employee to come out and get fired. Maybe then the courts will pay them millions and millions of dollars for discrimination. Hell I'm thinking about getting a job there and then just telling them I'm gay so they fire me.

Time to get paid!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I was curious about the nature of President Cathy's "homophobia," so I followed the links within Huffington Post to find out what had been said. From another HP article:

It’s not every day that the leader of a big business steps into a national debate that has the potential to offend many of its customers.

But Dan Cathy, president of the popular fast food chain Chick-fil-A, has done just that, saying on a radio show that “we’re inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage. And I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude that thinks we have the audacity to redefine what marriage is all about.”

That can't be it. Come on, you've got to have something better than that. That's not even close to homophobic. Please, show me where the good stuff is. That opinion is the majority opinion in the vast majority of states. That's what's getting you upset?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Normally this wouldn't be a problem for me.

BUT! This is coming from a company that prides itself on it's values.
The sign is a lie. As we all know.

What kind of values are they showing if they lie about stuff?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

A really dumb question, but what are they lying about? Aren't they recalling the toys? I'm missing the "lie."

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by grey580

A really dumb question, but what are they lying about? Aren't they recalling the toys? I'm missing the "lie."

The recall reason is a bit suspicious. Jim Henson's company severs any future dealings with Chick-fil-A over their anti gay marriage stance.
Then all of a sudden there's a recall of toys where there have been no injuries?
Mighty convenient isn't it.

linky

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
anybody got a picture of said toy/s my curiosity is now peeked

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Jim Henson died in 1990. Disney owns the rights to the Muppets.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
UNSAFE!! LOL. NO..

THIS is why:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The muppets declared a Chick Fil A boycott.
OF COURSE Chick Fil A is going to get rid of muppet toys.
I mean .. comeon ... DUH!

Chick Fil A can close on Sundays and run it's business the way it wants to.
Muppets can declare a boycott and not eat chicken. Whatever.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The muppets declared a Chick Fil A boycott.
OF COURSE Chick Fil A is going to get rid of muppet toys.
I mean .. comeon ... DUH!

Chick Fil A can close on Sundays and run it's business the way it wants to.
Muppets can declare a boycott and not eat chicken. Whatever.

Why didn't they tell the truth? Why did this supposed Christian company lie about why they are getting rid of the Muppet toys?
edit on 24-7-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Dear grey580,

I agree completely that we're not getting a complete story. I followed your link to the article which contains this:

Whether or not the toy recall was in any way motivated by the Jim Henson Company's announcement on Facebook last week that they did "not wish to partner with [Chick-fil-A] on any future endeavors" remains a mystery. Still, as the popular LGBT blog Joe. My. God. notes, Chick-fil-A's claim regarding "possible safety issues" pre-dating the Jim Henson Company's dissolution of their partnership has also become the subject of intense debate.
So, at least The Huffington Post doesn't seem to know what the reason for the recall is.

The recall reason is a bit suspicious.
Sure, I and the Post agree with you. What I don't see is how we can call it a lie, knowing the little that we do, and if it is a lie, how does that help or hurt anyone? What's the purpose? Certainly the recall costs Chick-Fil-A money by making them cough up desserts in exchange, so what's the point of a lie?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

True we are not sure if it's a lie or not. But like I said it's very odd for them to have a recall at the same time they are severing ties with Jim Henson company.

And Chick-fil-A is a company that takes pride in it's Christian values.
And if you see where I'm going with this. If you take pride in your values.
You shouldn't be lying.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join