It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death by Gun Control...The truth about gun control laws...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
I don't think you people realize this, but you are scaring yourselves into believing the government is actively trying to kill you and your family. This is really weird, you are fear-mongering each other from within this pro-gun stance while claiming anyone who is pro gun control is afraid of guns. I have no words for it. But as stated above, if the US government really wanted you gone, your little guns would not save you.

We are merely commenting on historical fact.

You are right that if the military came with aircraft we'd be done for.

The fact all the other nations went thru a "gun control" phase prior to their slaughter
is what we call a symptom of history repeating itself.

I know that may be hard to wrap your head around, but give it a shot, no pun intended...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2
So by your reasoning OP, the following countries should have had millions killed, if not the entire countries completely wiped out:-

Austalia
New Zealand
Japan
England
Greece
Italy
The Phillipines
Iceland
Sweden
Norway

Do you want me to keep going on listing countries that have supposedly "extreme" Gun restrictions, that haven't had millions of people exterminated? GG OP, GG.

Numerous ppl in the population control circles have made their intent clear.

They have carved in solid rock in the Guidestones.

Pianka gave a speech at UT advocating wiping out 90% of humanity with a bioweapon.

Holdren is calling for forced abortions and sterilization chemicals added to the drinking water.

Bill Gates says with a smile that vaccines will help lower population in Africa.

This is all mainstream news...wake up...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Sounds like Ice-T has been reading up on Jefferson as well...

I remember when his song, "Cop Killer" came out and all the controversy that followed. I met him after he performed it at CBGB with his metal band Body-Count years ago and he said it was only a matter of time before more of America understood the message.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Gun are only "scary" to those that have not used then and repect them. Once you used a gun, you find the understand that guns arnt bad but only the bad people behind the gun is bad.

There is nothing better then to have my wife, who never used a gun before and was against then, to use it and find out how inpowering it is to know as a female she can now deffend herself against the criminal.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Not that I'm against guns but this argument is kind of silly. The government could drone attack us all, non-stop, till we just surrendered. Either that or hire some mercenaries to fight us. A couple of machine guns isn't going to save you from the US military's power. Half of the US is fat and can't even run.

edit on 25-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Riiiight, because a government and military attacking it's own citizens on it's own soil wouldn't have any troubles. The military would be fragmented all to hell, with both sides having advanced weaponry.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
In the first full year of the firearms ban in Australia, gun related crime rose 44%, so the ban is a good thing?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just wait till after he election. No matter who wins, they'll be coming after the guns.

You can have all the guns you want, but there's this little tax you're going to have to pay to own them.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
In the first full year of the firearms ban in Australia, gun related crime rose 44%, so the ban is a good thing?

Take away the right to bear arms from the "law-abiding" citizen, and only the criminals will have the right to bear arms.

Incidents like the "Dark Knight Shooting" in Colorado, can't be prevented. No matter how many laws on gun control you have. Now if one or two people in that theatre would have had CHL and concealed a firearm on their person, it wouldn't have completely eliminated the threat of a tradgedy from happening, but would have been able to minimize the devastation.

My personal favorite thing to say to those who try to pass the idea on me that guns kill people, I alway say "if guns kill people then the 'spoon' is the reason people are over weight"

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well Korea and Vietnam did a good job of defending themselves from the U.S. Military with inferior weaponry...

But I guess under their logic we should just lay down and die because we couldn't win. Imagine that realspoke is an Obamite, just IMAGINE that. Sheeple...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2
Soviet Russia - Stalin, an A Grade Homocidal maniac
Nazi Germany - Hitler, Himmler, Rudolph Hess, et al - another bunch of A Grade Psycho's
Cambodia - Pol Pot - hey, look, another nutcase dictatorial leader...........

Can people see the pattern emerging here?

I see a definite pattern there. No guns and ruthless, murdering dictators are sure to wipe out millions of innocent people effortlessly.

Thank you for proving the OP's point.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
when the 2nd amendment was written there were not automatic riffles.

the 2nd amendment says ".....well regulated militia". REGULATED. people seem to totally miss that word. REGULATED doesn't mean we can buy guns at the local 7-11.... or anywhere without proper regulations in place.

if automatic weapons are okay why not include bombs?? if we're talking about more than protecting our homes (automatic weapons) then hand grenades should be fine too. a nice cannon? why not?

no one is ever going to have ALL their guns taken away but some tighter rules would be a good idea and NO automatic weapons. that should be left to the highly trained military.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Exemplar

Then according to you this whole thread is obsolete because a country never attacks their own people

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Let's talk USA. There are more guns than Americans within these boarders. We own enough ammunition to make WWII look like a day at Grandma's. No one will ever take control of the American People as by force of arms we represent the best armed standing Army in the history of man. Please, do not confuse us with the French.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

and if anyone really believes that, then they should certainly review this ...
www.arthurhu.com...

This is one of the most complete collection of mass death statistics on the internet. Dedicated to the hope that people will one day stop using the name of economic justice to kill their fellow man and woman, and finally realize that Karl Marx, not free market capitalism, is the most evil system of thought, and biggest source of death and poverty in human history.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Since when did ATS become so definitively right and left wing? Guns. guns, guns, guns, guns....

I thought we were mostly alternative thinkers here. Everyone is jumping on the "right to bear arms" issue. I've got no answer to this problem because I don't live in the US and I've only ever fired a gun about half a dozen times, but I would have thought that we, as ATS'ers, were smarter than this.

Lots of the responses I have seen could have either been straight out of the NRA, or parroted from bleeding heart pacifists. Knee-jerk reactions. Do we have no original ideas here anymore?

I guess what some people have been saying about ATS'ers being dumbed down is really happening. I'm disappointed.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Lazylounger because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
when the 2nd amendment was written there were not automatic riffles.

the 2nd amendment says ".....well regulated militia". REGULATED. people seem to totally miss that word. REGULATED doesn't mean we can buy guns at the local 7-11.... or anywhere without proper regulations in place.

if automatic weapons are okay why not include bombs?? if we're talking about more than protecting our homes (automatic weapons) then hand grenades should be fine too. a nice cannon? why not?

no one is ever going to have ALL their guns taken away but some tighter rules would be a good idea and NO automatic weapons. that should be left to the highly trained military.

what relevence does automatic weapons have to do with it? in all reality, semi-automatic weapons are more accurate than an automatic weapon shooting "X-number" of rounds per second, therefor rendering semi-automic weapons more deadly.

the fact of the matter is, there are regulations in place for automatic weapons. the average joe-blow cant just go down to their local sporting goods store and purchase a fully automatic weapon. there are special liscences you have to obtain to purchase these "fully automatic weapons."

i love hearing people throw up the "fully automatic weapon argument" in the air. it give me one hell of a laugh.
edit on 25-7-2012 by wilson417 because: typo correction

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Tell us more of what you know, oh wise one.

Anyhoo, last time I checked, you can not fight against an invading army with just a pistol. But most pistols are semi-automatic too. So we shall ban all pistols then?

Also look up the term regulated, the term regulated refers the rule of law and the way it is referred to in the constitution is to law abiding citizens, not the army to stand up for the constitution against a tyrannical government. It is regulated, because the people put the rule of law (thats the constitution) and principals before anything else, thus creating the right and duty for citizens to bare arms.

Also as another poster pointed out, semi auto is the weapon of choice and this is not for pray and spray. It is to find your target and shoot, not just pray and spray like many auto weapons, gotta conserve the ammo, its selling like pancakes.

And yes, grenades and other weapons are all cool too, especially the armor penetrating 50 cal.
edit on 26-7-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Hey America!

Get ready, the shows about to begin!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazylounger
Since when did ATS become so definitively right and left wing? Guns. guns, guns, guns, guns....

Lots of the responses I have seen could have either been straight out of the NRA, or parroted from bleeding heart pacifists. Knee-jerk reactions. Do we have no original ideas here anymore?

So where are YOUR bright ideas? I really don't think that the people saying that criminals don't obey gun laws are the dumbed-down ones. All you do is insult defenders of the 2nd Amendment and offer nothing to counter. Typical of the anti-gun crowd.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

This has already been argued in the Supreme Court, and they disagreed with you. No one is missing anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join