It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormally Magical

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Is it magic taking place when one controls their imagination?

I think it is.

I think the imagination is paranormally magical.

What do you think though?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I think "magic" is a highly mystified version of using the world's natural energy (on all planes) to enact your intent. You think it, you will it, the energy does it. And that energy is capable of a lot of things, even showing you the mysteries of the universe.

Why do you think it was banned?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

It seems to control the imagination is possible but are you talking about manifesting what is inside imagination boundries into reality Warjohn or just controlling the normal imagination?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Alan Moore, seems to believe so, look him up.

Hes the Writer of the Comic Watchmen.

Has some interesting theories on Imaginations and Creativity.

Alan Moore “To me, all creativity is magic. Ideas start out in the empty void of your head - and they end up as a material thing, like a book you can hold in your hand. That is the magical process. It's an alchemical thing. Yes, we do get the gold out of it but that's not the most important thing. It's the work itself.”

Lots of his ideas seam to follow the whole Illumination teaching of the Illuminati...
edit on 24-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by WarJohn

It seems to control the imagination is possible but are you talking about manifesting what is inside imagination boundries into reality Warjohn or just controlling the normal imagination?

Controlling the normal imagination.

What is keeping imagination in its place? If one could crack that, then into reality magic goes!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Controlling the normal imagination.

What is keeping imagination in its place? If one could crack that, then into reality magic goes!

That boundry that blocks that imagination side from this supposed reality side. Maybe its something in the water or food? Given to those who would have this ability to prevent them from bringing things into this reality that may be beyond this realities controllers control.
Some type of mind blocker, maybe.
edit on 7/24/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I imagine that thinking the majickal imagination is somehow not imagickal is patently absurd.

I imagine.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

The accepted modern day concept of "magick" as practiced by modern pagans, occultist and mystics....

Magick is the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with will, using means not currently understood by traditional Western science, for the purpose of causing either physical or non physical good/harm to yourself or others, and can be done either consciously or unconsciously.

This is basic stuff...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

That's essentially what I said, just more simplified.
edit on 24-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yes we are saying the same thing. I often reply to the OP immediately after reading threads such as these, before I even read the response. Bad habit I guess.

An example of unconscious magick on attack can go like this.

A young man is walking down the street and passes by a woman. He thinks to himself, "What a fat, ugly girl. She is disgusting!"

Unbeknownst to this young man, is that he has some telepathic ability he doesn't realize. The woman doesn't know either, but all of sudden she is disgusted with herself. She doesn't know why or where it all started or came about - but it's there. She starts to fall into a depression, stops eating or perhaps binges, becomes obsessed with changing herself - unaware that these thoughts and feelings were never her own. They were sent her way.

Yeah, it works like that.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

The mundus imaginalis.

neuroscienceandpsi.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

An example of unconscious magick on attack can go like this.

A young man is walking down the street and passes by a woman. He thinks to himself, "What a fat, ugly girl. She is disgusting!"

Unbeknownst to this young man, is that he has some telepathic ability he doesn't realize. The woman doesn't know either, but all of sudden she is disgusted with herself. She doesn't know why or where it all started or came about - but it's there. She starts to fall into a depression, stops eating or perhaps binges, becomes obsessed with changing herself - unaware that these thoughts and feelings were never her own. They were sent her way.

Yeah, it works like that.

Yes, I have seen these fatties, going nutzoid, ramming their fingers down their throats, popping diet pills like crazed zombies on a mission from nothing more than some unknown telepathic monster who only has his mind on sex with the model-skeleton group and a fleeting thought of socialized hate for roles of adipose.

Sickening.

The devastation and power they yield.

edit on 24-7-2012 by WhamBam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WhamBam

What you don't like my off the cuff, example of how psychic consciousness works? Even unconsciously?

I suppose it is easier to pretend that even our thoughts and the way we project it onto others doesn't haven't consequences.

But no worries, mine is just one opinion of 7 billion after all.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

What you don't like my off the cuff, example of how psychic consciousness works? Even unconsciously?

Because it's a pile of it.

top topics

join