It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All three of Colorado's Death Row inmates committed their crime in Aurora??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well I heard it on the tube so I naturally questioned it and started researching the "coincidence". It seems that all three (yes 3) death row inmates indeed committed the acts in Aurora.

Nathan Dunlap killed four employees at a Chuck E Cheese's in '93
Robert Ray and Mario Owens in '05 killed witnesses vowing to testify against them in another case.

Good guys...you should check the mug shots.

Colorado Death Row

Weird coincidence I think. Not a real big pool to choose from but still why Aurora? Seems like a nice enough place so I looked into their statistics.
I was shocked to find they are over the Colorado and National averages in almost all crimes. Here are a few stats for you to look at if interested.

Aurora Crime Statistics

It is interesting that property crimes are down while violent crimes are up. (This is a national trend to be fair).

Im not here to bash Aurora but I wonder why there is a trend that doesn't exist in a town like Golden which has more crime across the board.

I will leave this to ATS to hash out however you want.
Peace!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Interesting indeed. Not just the occult number 3. Haven't looked at the maps in regards to this, but I bet that Aurora lies on an energy point/ley line crossing.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

While 17 states have abolished capital punishment completely, Colorado is in the bottom 4 on numbers of Death Row inmates of those states still using the Death Penalty.

3 is weird. Here is another coincidence. The prosecutor responsible for 2 of the three is the prosecutor for James Holmes.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

He is probably an MK/Ultra handler, satanist evil arcane initiate, secret society member.

-keeping the only remaining witnesses in solitary confinement until they, and the last remaining link to their conspiracies, gets laid to rest forever.

I wonder what his background is... Unfortunately I'm too lazy to do any more researching,
edit on 24-7-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
odd as well that the worst criminals came out of this area but it was still considered one of the safest locations in the country......

Safest cities....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222

He is probably an MK/Ultra handler, satanist evil arcane initiate, secret society member.

Its' a she..Carol Chambers..

mebbee

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The more shocking thing to me is the fact that one man has been on "Death Row" for 15 years.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Good find. I didn't think to look up safest cities. Here is a star.
It is weird because if you look at the stats in my OP Aurora is above both National and Colorado average which tells me there are safer places in Colorado alone that should be above them on the list.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Why were they keeping him there for that long?

Tryiing to keep the program open??

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What? That's like living in Binghamton and wondering why the majority of violent crimes happen in NYC. The Denver metro area is the largest metro area in Colorado. None of this is surprising. I grew up in Colorado - what REALLY happens in Golden? Violent crime wasn't too uncommon in Denver and Aurora. Between "gang" activity, and crazy people, the population center would obviously also be the center of crime stats.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
What? That's like living in Binghamton and wondering why the majority of violent crimes happen in NYC. The Denver metro area is the largest metro area in Colorado. None of this is surprising. I grew up in Colorado - what REALLY happens in Golden? Violent crime wasn't too uncommon in Denver and Aurora. Between "gang" activity, and crazy people, the population center would obviously also be the center of crime stats.

Of course but I would expect Denver to be higher than Aurora even though they are both Denver metro. It seems Glendale and Aurora are higher. Nothing really happens in Golden
they just have fewer citizens like you said that makes the numbers jump and was a poor example on my part. Glendale is horrible though.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Of course but I would expect Denver to be higher than Aurora even though they are both Denver metro. It seems Glendale and Aurora are higher. Nothing really happens in Golden
they just have fewer citizens like you said that makes the numbers jump and was a poor example on my part. Glendale is horrible though.

Well I know when we moved to Aurora from the city of Denver it was due to affordability. We were right near the city line, but Glendale is a little less than Aurora. Obviously that plays a role - especially since they are just outside of Denver, as opposed to Golden.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

So are you saying that the affordability of Denver drove crime down while increasing crime in the suburbs due to migration? Interesting but Im not sure I have what you meant correct here.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another

So are you saying that the affordability of Denver drove crime down while increasing crime in the suburbs due to migration? Interesting but Im not sure I have what you meant correct here.

Let's not ignore the fact that violent crime trends tend to follow a certain financial status. Denver isn't cheap. Aurora in some places provides Denver living at cheaper rates. Glendale is cheaper than both of those places.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Of course. I was with you but after being gone all day I thought I read your post wrong. Sure there are always economic factors that crime will follow I just think its a pretty big jump from the average. thanks for your contribution for sure.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Not to forget I also believe the percentage of families with children between 12-18 on average is higher in the suburbs.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Having lived here in Aurora for 20 years, I've noticed a trend. My mom and I would be living in a place and noticed the crime increase. So we moved a little bit south, and after a few years we noticed a crime increase (hell someone shot the back and side window of our van). Then we moved again (this was 18 years ago), and sure enough, we're starting to see an increase in crime.

To me, it seems like the violence and gangs are slowly migrating and spreading from Denver into surrounding areas to the south. Heck, the other day my mom and I were going to pick up some Burger King and there was a fist fight going on outside. I also work fast food, and some of the customers I've seen over the 6 years I've worked at this place. Man O man.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Slash

I used to be involved in gang activity in high school. (SMOKY HILL ALUMNI STAND UP!!!) lol

The typical suburban trend. It spreads, no matter what. People ignore the state of their children, and think they're saving them by moving them further out, but their children are gang bangers and other types too. So they end up moving thinking they're escaping crime, but the crime lives in that ultra privileged bedroom in their house, with the computer, TV, game system, etc.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Small world. I went to Smoky Hill high school. My senior year was 10 years ago, so I know what you're talkin about.

I think another reason for the violence increase is that Aurora is growing in population, so of course statistics are going to change.
edit on 7/24/2012 by Slash because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join