It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English, our nations language?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

So when you visit another country you speak solely in the native language, even when talking to your family members?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

So when you visit another country you speak solely in the native language, even when talking to your family members?

She wasn't speaking about tourists, she was speaking about those who live here.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by theGreatunhosed
reply to post by Night Star

sounds like a great opportunity to learn spanish, every cloud....

Back when I was in school many, many years ago, we had a choice of french or spanish for a foreign language. I chose french. Learned a lot of words and greetings but could never carry on a conversation. I suck at languages and don't ever plan on moving out of the country. And with hundreds of languages spoken here, why should I learn spanish?

This is one reason so many people resent the spanish speaking population because they have come here illegally in such huge numbers and refuse to speak english. Because of that, we are now required to speak 'thier' language for many jobs, press one for english on the phone, signs everywhere in spanish. We never had to change for any other culture.

I would never ever live in a foreign country and expect the people of that country to cater to 'my' language. That is arrogant, rude and disrespectful.

<< 1   >>

join