It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JULY 24TH: Ron Paul’s Audit the Federal Reserve Bill to Go to Vote

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
VIDEO UPDATE:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Time for people to put their money where their mouth is. In the time it takes people to post their comments in this thread is the same amount of time it would take to contact your representatives and urge them to vote for it.

U.S. House of Representatives -
In the upper right corner of the site you will see a search feature to locate your representatives. Take the 5 minsutes and tell them why they should or should not support this measure and why.

U.S. Senate -
Again upper right hand corner you will see a search feature to locate your Senator. Even though this measure is in the House, take the time to tell your Senator why this is important and why they should encourage their counterparts in the House to support the bill.

Speak up and be heard....
edit on 24-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Wow. LOL

"I agree with [Fed] Chairman [Ben] Bernanke that congressional review of the Fed's monetary policy decisions would be a 'nightmare scenario,' especially judging by the track record of this Congress when it comes to governing effectively. "Unfortunately … we in Congress have shown too frequently our inability in a political environment to make tough choices," Hoyer said.

thehill.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I agree... WOW...

Even if our monetary system ran perfectly I would still advocate oversight and audits just to ensure its stays that way. As for politicizing policy that happens on a daily basis so im not sure what the representatives might be smoking to think its not already being done.

Personally speaking I think its bad policy to just operate off spending resolutions instead of actually passing you know.. a budget of some sort.

The audit needs to be done on the offchance the FED is not being run correctly / properly / ethically (personally I dont think it is and think the FED must go away but thats just me). If an aufdit occurs and issues are found then we could, oh I dont know, maybe fix the issues so its not politicized....

Again, personally speaking, I think any representive / Senator who does not support this bill should give VALID reasons why and if they are not valid then they should be fired and replaced by people who will represent the people over politics / political party.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This was Kucinich speaking earlier today ..

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
AUDIT THE FED TO PASS!

A bipartisan bill requiring broader operational audits of the U.S. Federal Reserve is poised to pass the House Wednesday.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
IT was passed!! Yet, I can see your Democrat Senate shutting it down for sure.

Also, who is going to do the Audit? GAO? lol
edit on 25-7-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
IT was passed!! Yet, I can see your Democrat Senate shutting it down for sure.

Also, who is going to do the Audit? GAO? lol
edit on 25-7-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

Normally I would agree with you however.... With the way everything has been going we have seen Democrats actually stand their ground and do whats right instead of whats politically demanded by their party leaders.

From what I have seen Reid said it would eventually be put to the floor but there is no indiciation of when that might occur....

People need to send their messages to Reid to let him know what you think (for or against). Be heard people...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join