It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Sales Up In Colorado; 41% incr. background checks in 4 days

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Up 40% in only two days of trading (assuming most don't go out shopping for guns on a Sunday) means little.

How many guns are sold in the state each day, maybe 50? So an increase of 40% might sound like a lot, but over two days? It's pretty meaningless.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well again, 2887 background checks since Friday = 43% and 39% increase since the first week in July.

But regardless of the actual # of weapons sold (could be more, given background checks don't equate to amt of weapons sold) it does ring true that sales typically increase following mass shooting incidents, lower economy and general feeling of social instability.

So the question is: are people more fearful and feel that the state cannot protect them, or are they more willing to actively seek the means to stand on their own if they have to? Both, neither, something else going on?

edit on 24-7-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

but expected from what I've seen from gun opponents

Why would a gun owner be an opponent to gun ownership? You fall too quickly into their trap. Salsemen must love you.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Nor will a fist do *much good against a guy in protective gear with multiple weapons.

And neither will a gun.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

That doesn't answer my question and only proves that you either don't know what YOU yourself think because you haven't examined the issue with a clear mind or....you're willfully ignorant.

Ignorance is not realizing who or what had the most to gain.

The Second Amendment is like freedom of speech, its not going anywhere. Americans will always be armed.

But that won't stop some from putting the FEAR of your arms being taken away to make a profit.

Its the American way, theres a sucker born every minute.

In Colorado, they increased by 41%.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I do mind when these same people REFUSE to answer simple questions because they know it will expose them for the irrational cowards that they are.

Well thats the way to win a debate, let your ignorance show.

U.S. Army veteran, mos 11Hotel, trained on the M1911 and proud owner of one.

I am ignorant enough to know that we all need guns, and that they should be CONTROLLED. No one in America needs a 100 round clip.

No one.

6000 rds in one swipe of the card? Where has the common sense gone?

AR15 - For hunting rabbits? AK47 - for hunting deer? 100 round clips - for home invasion? Whos invading your home, Cuba?

Follow the money. Who stands to gain from something like this.

Gun control advocates? Gain what?

Gun Manufacturerers? Gain profit.

NRA? Dues paying members, votes.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

First, it must be considered that "bulletproof" is an absolute misnomer with body armor.

Agreed, and I have not seen any indication on the TYPE of body amror the suspect was wearing (dragon scales, composite, kevlar, etc)

Secondly, general handgun calibers deliver a force equivalent to a decent punch. Therefore, allowing one to deliver "punches" on a target with "bulletproof" body armor from a distance and with cover

Third, all it takes is two people. One delivers distracting "punches" from a distance, the other takes advantage of the distraction and approaches from outside peripheral vision. Even if the projectiles do not make contact, the muzzle blasts in a dark room will perform the same task. With a gas mask, this is made easier.

I seem to recall a certain bank robbery in LA, I believe in the 90's, involving 2 'armored up' bank robbers. They were walking down the street, absorbing several 'distracting "punches"', and mowing everyone down they came upon. Unless you have a Desert Eagle or some other large caliber weapon (and I doubt it would be comfortable in a theater), and depending on the armor, 9mm punches could easily be absorbed without being too much of a distraction.

And theres not much cover in a theater, not that would stop 5.56 at that close range.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Nobody is buying guns. But suddenly, law enforcement is requiring additional background checks on all persons who bought guns in the last five years, so it looks like if there's a huge jump in gun sales. But there's no reports of gun sales at all, just lots of background checks, that people assume must indicate new people are buying guns.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jem504
The concern was regarding Obama signing the U.N. Small Arms Treaty.

You can hardly say that the shooting's theorized outcome can now be deemed bunk.
Wait until he signs/doesn't sign, then we'll get an idea about what's up.
edit on 24-7-2012 by jem504 because: Typo

I don't give a crap what Obozo does. It will never be ratified in congress, so it's meaningless.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
Reply to post by LadySkadi

This was staged by the. Gun manufacturers and the NRA to get people to buy more guns. Worked like a charm.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

It was staged by the CIA, the FBI, the Bilderbergs, the Bushes, the Rockefellers, DHS.........now the gun manufacturers and the NRA....lol.....come on......wow

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by chrismarco

The article gives figures of 2887 number of background checks in one week, so 43% increase over the previous week and 39% increase over the first week of July.

I don't know the actual figure of sales, that would depend on how long the background checks take and how many weapons each person bought.

It's all computerized now a days. All of mine have been about 5-10 minutes.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Exactly, wouldn't it have been a brilliant plan Smith and Wesson, along with the NRA, to carry out this massacre.

In order to increase sales!

Follow the money, it will alwyas lead you to the answer.

Greed is a mothereffer.

You are an unbelievably insensitive asshole. And an idiot.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well again, 2887 background checks since Friday = 43% and 39% increase since the first week in July.

But regardless of the actual # of weapons sold (could be more, given background checks don't equate to amt of weapons sold) it does ring true that sales typically increase following mass shooting incidents, lower economy and general feeling of social instability.

So the question is: _ Both, neither, something else going on?

Probably both as well as the likelyhood that severe gun control will be coming if Obama is re-elected.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Nor will a fist do *much good against a guy in protective gear with multiple weapons.

And neither will a gun.

I disagree. I'm game if you are.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

I do mind when these same people REFUSE to answer simple questions because they know it will expose them for the irrational cowards that they are.

they should be CONTROLLED. (This is gun control and absolutely not!)

No one in America needs a 100 round clip. (I can agree with this.)

6000 rds in one swipe of the card? Where has the common sense gone? (Perhaps a person is preparing to survive what ever. And I don't believe it was one swipe, but many over several months.)

AR15 - For hunting rabbits? AK47 - for hunting deer? 100 round clips - for home invasion? Whos invading your home, Cuba? (I have an AR-15 that uses 223 rounds (11 round clips) and a tactical 12 gauge with alternating buck shot and deer slugs. I have them both for home defense with sheer stopping power in mind. YOUR family might be ok with a 22, wrist rocket, and a baseball bat, but if I make the decision, I only need to pull the trigger once, and it's over. I love my family much more then some gun control mindset.

NRA? Dues paying members, votes. (Yes, I am a Life Member)

I live in Colorado and am in no way defending the physcopath, but simply saying that gun control is absolutely not the answer. Chicago has THE most stringent gun laws in the country and they are currently the murder capitol of the U.S. When you take guns away from law abiding citizens, the only ones left with guns are the criminals. They buy them on the street. They always have and always will. No one will ever take my guns.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join