It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children of the Drones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
**WARNING** Graphic images in both the video and story linked.

A brave young victim of an American drone strike smiles for the camera.

First, watch this short video with clips from President Obama describing the drone strikes in Pakistan, Afghanistan and elsewhere.

This article though extremely graphic is a necessary look at what the reality of drone warfare is; indiscriminate slaughter of men, women and children and not the "surgical precision strikes" the administration and Pentagon would have us believe. Rather than making us safer such strikes are creating extreme hatred of the U.S. and provide a fertile breeding ground for future insurgents (I will not use the word terrorist to describe someone defending their home and family under any circumstances).

www.hangthebankers.com...

Though he was an American citizen, Anwar Al-Awlaki's 16 year old son, Abdul Rahman Al-Awlaki was a high-profile victim of drone strikes even though there was no evidence linking him to any terrorist organization or activity. While drone strikes make good PR here at home the fact is very few real enemies of the US are being killed by them and the vast majority of their victims are completely innocent.

The Obama administration intends to have as many as 30,000 drones flying over American skies by 2015. I would suggest that this is not something any of the citizens should support and in fact, something we should all be protesting against loudly.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Asktheanimals because: fixing video tags

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Gawd that pizzes me off!!

BTW link didnt work.

Edit: Working now, thanks!
edit on 24-7-2012 by crawdad1914 because: update

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is another thread with the exact same title and content... just FYI.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

It does the same thing to me. I see the faces of these children and it brings tears to my eyes every time knowing that it is within our power to end this.
There is no excuse for so many civilian casualties and it is a direct result of not having human intelligence on the ground to identify targets and to call off strikes when such collateral damage would result.
Very, very saddening.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
And people are all upset over a guy shooting people in a movie theater..

Some people's priorities are messed up I'll tell you that.

The criminals who use toys as a means to hurt children will have themselves judged in due time.

~Tenth
edit on 7/24/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Gah, didn't come up when I did a search.
My bad.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

...and then they ask, " Why do they come to our country and kill innocents? Why do they hate the US so much?". If someone was behind the killing of my 6 year old daughter, their entire family would pay for it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by Dreine

Gah, didn't come up when I did a search.
My bad.

Not your bad, I hadn't seen the other thread.

I wish I hadn't seen this one, dont like nasty images in my head unless I can do something about the problem.
I think a nice little idea might be if we all put nasty images in the second post with the warning in the first post.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Asktheanimals

...and then they ask, " Why do they come to our country and kill innocents? Why do they hate the US so much?". If someone was behind the killing of my 6 year old daughter, their entire family would pay for it.

Exactly.

Watching the Vid, and looking at the pictures and reading accounts of the civilian casualties and disfigurement, I cant help but be reminded of the thousands of Japanese and Korean civilians killed in the initial blasts at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, not to mention the hundreds of thousands who died afterwards.

I have allways been amazed at the dignity and resiliency of that nation as well as their ability to forgive us (in part) for the crime we commited against their people by targeting their civilian population.

Someday hopefully the people of the middle east will be able to find it in their hearts to forgive us for what we have done to that region of the planet since the start of this bogus "war on terror"

Jesus, can anyone with a straight face tell me our Trillion plus dollars and the blood of our children, as well as the blood of the innocents over there has been worth it?

Is the middle east "calmed"? Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Iran, are these nations better off today, than they were 10 years ago?

Im so fecking sick of all this! We never ever learn.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join