It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This many copycats? Really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm sure everyone has noticed the Colorado movie theater shooting by now, so let's not talk about that again. What's with all these so called copycats being arrested? Is the government starting the gastapo tactics or what?

A search of his car turned up an AK-47 assault weapon, four handguns, ammunition and clippings about the Friday shooting in Colorado that left 12 people dead at a midnight screening of the Batman movie.

Police said he also had several guns, including a machine gun, and thousands of rounds of ammunition in his home in Biddeford.

A cry for help perhaps? A political statement? Government shills?

"He was unusually calm given the excessive speed. That raised a red flag with me," Trooper Phillip Alexander told the Kennebec Journal. "Was he asking to get caught? Was it a cry for help? It could have been."

Why the gross attention getting?

source

In Southern California, a man at a Sunday afternoon showing of the film was arrested after witnesses said he made threats and alluded to the Colorado shooting when the movie didn't start.

Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies were called to a cinema complex in Norwalk after moviegoers said 52-year-old Clark Tabor shouted: "I should go off like in Colorado." They said he then asked: "Does anybody have a gun?"

A bad joke? Another political statement? Another shill?

source

In Denver, police confirm Jordan Morado posted messages on Facebook saying “Mad props to James Holmes. Thank you for making this world a whole lot better.”

Sources tell FOX31 that a friend of Morado’s reported these posts. Saturday night, police surrounded his Capitol Hill apartment. Morado eventually came out and no threats were found inside his apartment.

He’s not facing any charges but sources tell us he was placed on a mental health hold.

source
edit on 24-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
people who do these type of crimes should be dealt with in a way where THEY DON'T GET ANY MEDIA COVERAGE OR ATTENTION. and WHEN THEY ARE BROUGHT OUT IN PUBLIC ITS ONLY FOR THE PUBLIC TO SEE HOW THEY ARE DEALT WITH. This WILL prevent any future copycats or followers seeking attention thru harming others ONCE THEY REALIZE
1-no more attention and
2 the public will see them dealt with asap

As is now these types of individuals seek attention, do ignorance and usually know they got time to live as they go thru court system process. And may even right a book CASEY smh. Anyway They need better ways of dealing with people like this. If truly insane then place them inside a pin with other truly insane and let them at it/each other. But wasting tax money why he gets to look @ himself on TV all day is wasting energy and providing energy portals to be fed from as ignorance emits from this individuals actions.

RIP to those who lost their lives from this ignorant 1 and GOD BLESS their families dealing with this & seeing it on the news... EVERYDAY SMH
These type of human beings dont deserve attention they fail faster when ignored.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Actually I was watching a video yesterday, can't find it now, with a behavioral psychologist who was saying that when a large event like this happens and there's so much media coverage, they expect 1 or 2 more violent occurances in the the following week and at least 4 in the next 6 months.

So yeah, it's the media's fault really for making a big deal out of something that shouln't be that big of a deal..

There are far more people dying in other countries by nefarious means than this.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Why assign every crazy person as an Aurora copycat though? Doesn't that play into what you just explained, and make it worse?

Why are they "holding" someone for mental evaluation because they posted a comment online? That's just bad.

I'm not trying to say that people should act like him, but taking away someone's right to free speech isn't good. They have no criminal charges against him, so they're holding him. Lame.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Because the liberals want to take the second amendment away. They do this by ridiculing people who use firearms.

That's why they focus so much on the firearms, to try to fool people into thinking that firearms are evil things and anybody who owns them are evil people who just want to kill you, except for the police and the military.

Many people are fooled, sad to say, but not everyone.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If you've ever worked in a major chain retail, you'd be puzzled why there aren't thousands of copy cat incidents within the first 2 days. You have no clue how twisted and ill a huge percentage of the population is until you work on the front lines in major retail. It'll turn you into a gun owner.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I'm a liberal and I don't agree with anything you just put in my mouth. I support the second amendment, as well as the right to free speech. Even if I don't like what the person is saying.

reply to post by tkwasny

Been there, done that. I didn't feel like it required a gun. Not to say that I don't appreciate a means to defend myself, but I never felt threatened by anyone. Most retail chains prohibit you from carrying a firearm in the employment agreement. Don't ya love that crap! Better check if you are doing that. It might get you fired.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Jordan Morado is my little brother and i have to say that the news is bull#. What he posted was wrong and way out of line but what the news didnt add in was that days prior to the shooting he was having suicidal thoughts and threats against himself. And after he posted about supporting james holmes he also posted that he did not mean what he said. he admitted he #ed up and that he would never wish a thing like that. TO all people this may mean nothing but jordan has a very big heart and all his life hes dealt with problems and gone through # that a regular kid wouldnt have to deal with. Im not tryin to say what he said was ok but i want people to understand this it was an act of attention because no one was responding to his suicidal comments. We all can see he has problems and all his life he has tried to work through them and be the better person he can be.
So for anyone who can sit here and post comments and talk #, know your facts first. Its so much easier to point out other people's problems.. maybe focuz on your own because i know you arent perfecT
and to get it cleared he had no gun, he had no plot and he is no threat. He doesnt even have a squirt gun none the less.. hes just in a very rough part of his life, hes having to learn life on his own because we dont have parents to show us the way. we've been on our own and had to learn everything the hard way. I want to apologize for his actions, i just want everyone to pray for him.Pray for the people that were affected by the shooting.
edit on 25-7-2012 by judimorado12 because: Jordan Moraod

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by judimorado12

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. I hope he gets the help he needs and is allowed his freedom as soon as possible.

This is what I'm talking about though. Witch hunts are not cool. Trashing a person's name is not cool. Only one of those people I listed actually did something unlawful. As far as I know bad jokes and cries for help are not against the law.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

...Goodness... and worse yet, it takes conjuring up the latest sensation for people to take note. That's incredibly unfortunate, and wish the best for your brother.

Common sense has never been government's strong suit. But my disappointment lies with the inattentive, desensitized public.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

i would have to agree. if my brother is going to get arrested and sent to the psych ward then shouldnt the same thing be happening to the people who posted threats against james holmes, or against my brother. What makes them so much better than either of these men. you know what i mean? i

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Im glad to see that there are people out there that see outside of the box. and thanks, hes doing better and he is for sure getting the help he needs. Next thing to worry about is his safety when he goes back home;
all because one girl turned him in for this particular post and also made up quite a few other false accusations which made this whole situation a thousand times worse and made the news consider him a copycat... thank you erika martinez,
edit on 26-7-2012 by judimorado12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join