It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime rate in Canada at lowest level since 1972, Statistics Canada says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Police services reported nearly 2 million incidents last year, about 110,000 fewer than in 2010, the agency reported. And the severity of crime index — a tool used to measure the extent of serious crime in Canada — also declined by six per cent.

www.thestar.com...

Despite the murders in Toronto as of late, it appears the crime rate has dropped!! I wonder how other countries are holding up.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Police services reported nearly 2 million incidents last year, about 110,000 fewer than in 2010, the agency reported. And the severity of crime index — a tool used to measure the extent of serious crime in Canada — also declined by six per cent.

www.thestar.com...

Despite the murders in Toronto as of late, it appears the crime rate has dropped!! I wonder how other countries are holding up.

Hey, no gun here
!

Anyway, our yearly murder is = 1 week of murder in states!

Since, i live in Toronto, the shooting are mainly gang related, its more of Gang vs Gang and civilians caught in the middle, its never been gang vs Civilians or a Lunatic vs Civilians.
edit on 7/24/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

www.thestar.com...

Hey, no gun here
!

That's also because there's 10 times the population in the states..

33 million vs 330 million.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
i wish the crime rates in america could drop like this. canada is a very nice place and they care about their people. free health care is enough to say for that statement. happy to hear that crime is dropping somewhere

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
If it wasn't for their cold winters, I'd move to Canada. I like the way they run things up there.

But I'm a southerner, and I can't handle the cold weather.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by luciddream

www.thestar.com...

Hey, no gun here
!

That's also because there's 10 times the population in the states..

33 million vs 330 million.

~Tenth

In 2007, Canada had 594 homicides, the US had 17225. That's still over 28 times more than Canada with a population 10 times more. I got lazy and didn't figure in the new stats, but, I'm sure the US went down. It still doesn't figure in as easy as 10 times the population though.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Crime rate hasn't dropped. It's the getting caught rate that has dropped

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Are the fluoride / anti-depressant mix they put in water supply is finally working ?

Just hope they don't add some Propecia (Finasteride) in the mix...

edit on 24/7/2012 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join