It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India has been labelled the worst place to be a woman.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Just got my letter in from India, they say any chicks that don't like it there can have a free one way bus ticket to Pakistan.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
reply to post by luciddream

ROFL i like how you're deflecting the blame onto the Muslims. Have the statistics stunned you so bad that you can't believe a non-Islamic nation treats it's women the worst on this planet?

There is a reason why hindus converted to Islam so easily while the Mughals enjoyed thousands of hindu wives centuries ago. And that's because Hindus treat their wives like animals and having baby girls is one of the worst things in the hindu culture.

As an Atheist, read up on all religions and traditions.

I was mainly referring to genital mutilation, which is not practiced in Hinduism. I don't need to differentiate between Hinduism and Islam, the world already knows. vegetarianism and Yoga comes to mind, but w/e. You seem to have mentality of lumping all together. As well as you like mixing cultural tradition to religions.

esp a population of 1.2Bilion, with over 6-7+ religion, multiple language and tradition.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yes, and Canada is the best

Canada best G20 country to be a woman, India worst
uk.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybor
Just got my letter in from India, they say any chicks that don't like it there can have a free one way bus ticket to Pakistan.

LOL, cybor,

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
So what you are saying is it is the best place for men?

Ok so I have had time to think about it,

Is there a country of women that oppresses men?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yes, United Kingdom.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is what happens when you allow them to kill of female babies willy nilly. The shortage of women now in India is causing the young men to behave as preditorial animals like never before. It's not even going on behind closed doors now, they are attacking women in the streets in packs and pulling them around like pieces of meat.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by forklift

Yes, United Kingdom.

I would have said Sweden tops the list there, but anyway.....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

I don't think anyone who has a choice would want to live in India. It's a poor, disgusting, underdeveloped country with the worst food in the world.

As for woman: It has to be pretty bad there, even the article says that the numbers of rape aren't the worst, what makes it disgusting is the high number (i think highest of all countries if i'm not mistaken) of incest rape and the numbers are rising every year.

News Source is from UK (Crap)
India might not be the first but it is One of the best places in the world to live your life with peace and non violence (if you are in the right place). It is true that the respect for Women is not as it should be, but that is also true for almost all developed countries on the Planet.

Pay a visit to India, Learn about Hinduism/Buddhism, their Culture and Traditions. And then make your Conclusions.

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by antonia

USA has the maximum rapes in the world.We do not. Nuff said.
I almost agreed for a change on this but lets be realistic since the statistics and studies are based on legal cases that were reported to the law enforcement agencies. Thus I still have my doubts not just about India but many countries around the world where the statistics are suppressed politically to justify the political interests in the geopolitics. Having mentioned that, the definition of RAPE (atleast according to the court of law based on the testimony) varies upto a certain extent as well. There is definitely a concern and a method of obtaining the statistical data from around the world. Once again, the numbers are no where close to the reality.

UN_Link Click on 'Sexual Violence' link which will provide a download link for excel file.

edit on 24-7-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think one way to look at the accuracy of the rape numbers is to ask yourself; as a woman, which country would I feel safest reporting I had been raped , and then check the numbers on rape conviction rates.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Are you sure?

Link

Moreoever it is labelled 'worst' which doesn't necessarily mean due to sexual assaults. It can also mean due to suppression/bias based on gender at work/public places and society in general. Making sexual jokes or innuendos, paying less, using profanity or vulgarity etc etc is all part of it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Any links to support your claim? You made that sound like some ME country.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by antonia

I remember that video, and I wonder if things are going to get worse for women word-wide.

Hardly, In fact, the very opposite. If we are talking about the West, for instance, it is the exact opposte to the East in regards of Gendered rights, as women even have, juridically speaking and contrary to what many people are even aware, actually more rights than males. And Socially speaking and in some aspects also a higher status than males, as, for instance, can be seen in the old cliché-scene about the female at the Bar that pours out a drink over a male just because she feels for it, and immediately a bunch of people runs to her aid to ask if the guy is bothering her..

So The West and the East is, ironically, two exact opposites to each other; The other supressing females and glorifying males, the other surpressing males and glorifying females.

In addition, the following is a healthy video that everyone that thinks that males are in global power, should see;

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Are you sure?

Link

They mean for women who make the most money, who are the "happiest" and most in CEO and VP positions

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You are correct women in India are not treated equally in many rural areas and I'd say about in 20-25% in urban areas. It's kind of shameful to read about these happenings on news every other day but the only way to go forward is to educate people about rights and wrongs. Just this morning I read how about a 100 Indian men went to China for a tour and harassed Chinese women. It was really shameful.

Having said that divorce, sexual assault laws are extremely biased towards men in India. If a female reports to cops and just narrate the story in court without any evidence it will have more weight in Indian law than any evidence men will produce. If a female goes to court and says she was sexually assaulted and in medical there is no evidence then also females version will be accepted in court of law and men will be prosecuted and ordered to pay compensation. There is a growing tend in India where women are marrying and later falsely accusing in court that they paid dowry (which is again illegal in India) and even if they have no proof that they gave it, the court asks men to pay it back. Now imagine how a man will pay back any random figure a women demands which she never brought or gave to the guy in dowry? How a man will prove his innocence that he never sexually assaulted a women if court will not accept medical evidence?

Just to add to the above statements I made, I personally know of a case where a female married a guy and left him in 7 days and then filed a case in court on false charges and in out of court settlement demanded Rs 37 lakhs to leave the guy alone. The guy was from a rich family and paid it. After 1 year she married another guy beat him everyday and when the guy filed a police report with medical evidence, she in turn filed divorce case of marital abuse, torture with no evidence and left him after 9 days and is now demanding Rs 25 lakhs just to give divorce. The case is going on for 4 years. I went with that guy to court several times for support and met many men who were fooled by females running such kind of business. I have seen guys paying high amounts several times in courts after finally getting fed up of such scams run by females just coz they are tired of going to court and paying heavy lawyer fees and maintenance.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Ek Bharatiya because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

I agree to an extent that men in western societies have been emasculated.

edit on 103131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

edit on 24-7-2012 by Suspiria because: nevermind

<< 1   >>

join