It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army protest march 24th July 2012.. what a letdown..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Does not surprise me in the slightest..
I bet it's the same with every base in the country..

Still does not explain why friends and family did not make themselves available..

Maybe we have become a society of "ah well, never mind"...

CX

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
Just spoke to a friend of mine in your infantry
He's told me his entire station has been subject to a leave ban ( not able to take days off ) due to the Olympic security debacle
Hmmmm convenient !
And as he stated
If someone was to skip work to attend, would have been charged as AWOL thus subject to disciplinary action and possible time in military prison
The Brits is called the glass house ( or was in the 90's when I swang by that way )
Not the most pleasent of places to go !
But it's not as it was now

Thanks for that, explains a lot.

As Extralien says though.....where were the rest? I have known families of soldiers to be expected to follow the same kind of restrictions, but thats usually partners and direct relatives. Maybe teh soldiers were under such strict orders not to attend, they passed it on to loved ones?

Can understand not wanting to go in the Glasshouse, if it's the unit nick, not a major thing, but if it's still the MCTC for the bigger things, i took a few lads to Colchester prison and i wouldn't want to swap places for the world.

CX.
edit on 24/7/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Colchester - that's the puppy !
Thought that was the glass house ?
Or am I mistaken ?
Or lol has it shaken the name glass house and I'm showing my age lol

CX

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
reply to post by CX

Colchester - that's the puppy !
Thought that was the glass house ?
Or am I mistaken ?
Or lol has it shaken the name glass house and I'm showing my age lol

Yeah in my days, Colchester was the glasshouse, but i've heard many people call thier unit nick that as well.

CX.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Ah ok
Lol ah bless em THERE'S ONLY ONE GLASSHOUSE !

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
There's another thing that amazes me...
The amount of ATS members who supported or were against or undecided about the protest who posted in EvanB's thread www.abovetopsecret.com... but have not responded to that thread or this one.

I was kinda expecting at least some "didn't bother" "woke up late" "what a load of nonsense" type posts.. but nothing...

It's like all the hype that was blown up over this fell down on its face and now the event is over (apparently there are more plans in the pipeline) nobody wants to know.

Even if the military has been put on a posting ban, not all of us on here are in the club...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
removed
edit on 25-7-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
I did wonder where some of my fellow British ATS'ers had wandered off to.

Yes it was a shocking letdown. Perhaps it was just badly timed just before the Olympics hoohar and has unfortunately been swept under the carpet by the media in general. The only thing I know of locally is that over 10,000 have signed to protest against the scrap of the Staffords 3rd Battalion of The Mercian Regiment
edit on 24-7-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

You are correct to a point however the real one is still going ahead in the near future.. I cannot publish dates here as it is now with organizers and the police... There is a security element that i cannot discuss here

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Understood..

And we look forward to it ....

Thanks for dropping in with an update.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Apologies for the delay reporting back.

Here's a video of my Durham vigil.

I'm displaying a 'Support Our Troops We'll Need Them To Overthrow.....' poster. I don't entirely agree with the message. Only certain elements of government need to be thrown down. I should design my own version. ".......We'll Need Them To Overthrow Corrupt Government."

CX

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kester

Nice to see someone else turned up....

Were you on your own there?

CX.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I was there with my son. We didn't see anyone else but we couldn't stay long so I don't know if others showed up later. A man taking photographs from a distance looked delighted when he saw my son and I taking several videos of the monument. He soon left, I don't know if he was aware of the relevance of the day or if he was just pleased that we were showing obvious interest.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
As an update for you, the march in London is going ahead 18th October.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Mark it in your diaries..

18th October..

Don't forget.. Spread the word.. and be there!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join